Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bradford City Fire

Tue May 11, 2010 6:48 am

It's the 25th Anniversary of the Bradford Fire today.

RIP all and condolences to all families and friends

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Bradford City Fire

Tue May 11, 2010 6:54 am

Remember watching it on a portable while adventure training at Monmouth :cry:

Tue May 11, 2010 9:12 am

i saw a clip on youtube the other day first time id ever seen it. absulutly shocking !!! RIP :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 am

RIP a very sad day for football, i remember watching it live on the tv in work and then later the actual video as a training exercise it was very upseting

Tue May 11, 2010 9:25 am

had to watch the fire for fire warden course for work really hard to watch RIP the 56

Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 am

the youtube footage is horrific, and the terry yorath interview was really upsetting!

the awful truth of it is that the stand was due to be pulled down after that game... so so cruel!

Tue May 11, 2010 12:09 pm

My thoughts go out to those who lost loved ones. Such a tragic day. I said it in another thread, no-one should fail to come back from a football match.

Tue May 11, 2010 12:40 pm

I remember losing to Wimbledon on the last day of the season to get relegated.

I remember boarding the coach and being told about the events at Bradford, and then hearing the full scale of the tragedy on the radio, which stunned our coach into silence for the journey home.

RIP fellow football fans, you will never be forgotten.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:03 pm

just seen a clip on you tube of this now first time ive ever seen it shocking RIP all :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Tony Soprano wrote:I remember losing to Wimbledon on the last day of the season to get relegated.

I remember boarding the coach and being told about the events at Bradford, and then hearing the full scale of the tragedy on the radio, which stunned our coach into silence for the journey home.

RIP fellow football fans, you will never be forgotten.

I remember seeing the footage. At first the seriousness was not clear. the fire spread very quickly and trapped people in what must have been a horrific experience for those that perished and those that witnessed it.

RIP

Tony - Any plans for another series of your great programme?

Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 pm

R.I.P

Tue May 11, 2010 2:22 pm

It was just the speed of the flames. One minute little fire underneath the stand, next minute all hell is breaking loose.

Sure I read somewhere that a bloke was at the game with his young son and old man.
He had to make a choose which one to save. Absolutely gut wrenching.

I've not seen the footage again, but can remember pics of a man on fire coming out of the stand and police and fans trying to beat them out.
Total horrifying.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

I use to live there and had a Night Club right next door to the Ground, I also Sat in them seats where the fire started. I lost a few friends in that fire, What Hurt most was the Fire exits were locked at the back of the Stand and when the Fans rushed to get out of them they couldnt, yet no one was charged.
RIP to THE PEOPLE OF BRADFORD :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Wasn't they locked to stop people without tickets trying to get in?

Someone should have got done for that.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:54 pm

KyleV wrote:Wasn't they locked to stop people without tickets trying to get in?

Someone should have got done for that.

Yes thats True, but thats still criminal, if they are Fire Exits.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:13 pm

RIP