Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forget the Stoke comparisons...

Tue May 11, 2010 6:53 am

I can understand the comparison with 2002 and why some of us are nervous having taken a lead in the first leg away against Leicester just like we did against Stoke that year.

However, IMO this situation is completely different. Firstly we have already had our 'Stoke' disaster which happened last season when we blew a place in the play-offs in the final 4 games including those awful results against Preston, Ipswich and Sheffield W.

So this season is more of a comparison with 2003 when we bounced back and won the first leg against Bristol C 1-0.

We survived the second leg and went through to the final beating a side managed by Ian Holloway to gain promotion.

Finally we now know the Egyptian Gods are definitely looking down benevolently on us so there is no need to be nervous; just enjoy the ride all the way to the Premiership.

Re: Forget the Stoke comparisons...

Tue May 11, 2010 7:08 am

:ayatollah:
We drew with the werzels @ their place
Peter Thorne scored the winner @ ninian with far post header
:ayatollah:

This time its different we have resources and quality players to see us through.

I HAVE A FEELING WERE GOING TO DO IT

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS

Tue May 11, 2010 7:27 am

I agree Tony, this is a totally different Scenario :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 11, 2010 10:49 am

It's great saying that but................

I am sometimes pesemistic, but the hurt I felt that night has never gone away. Although the season afterwards made up for it (i'd just got back from Iraq).However the pain of play offs with wales haven't helped the situation either. I hop and pray that we get to where we need to be. Losing at NP for Stoke was hurtful and losing at Wembley was just as bad. i just wish that people booking coaches, deciding who we want in the final is a bit presumtious. if we get through we get who we get but first we have to go through and Leicester will NOT be easy. If and when we get through the final is a different prospect but lets just get there first. And yes i am going and yes my nerves are shot to pieces!!!!

Ceri