Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saint Steve Borley and his boiler contract?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Over to you Steve, why didn't you finish the job?.

Re: Saint Steve Borley and his boiler contract?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:Over to you Steve, why didn't you finish the job?.

i heard it was borleys fault, but pr hadnt paid him lol.
Last edited by Ninian 72 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Yes but did you know he is still owed millions and £1.2 Million that PR agreed to pay him in July has still Not been paid to him lol.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:31 pm

And he also paid for a load of seats from his own pile of wedge, he loves the club so much so, the question still stands, did the contract go out for competitive tender with sealed bids?, why didn't you complete the contract Steve?.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:18 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:And he also paid for a load of seats from his own pile of wedge, he loves the club so much so, the question still stands, did the contract go out for competitive tender with sealed bids?, why didn't you complete the contract Steve?.

and your point, hi is owed millions, maybe he said i want some money to complete the job, i would.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:
JonesMustGo wrote:And he also paid for a load of seats from his own pile of wedge, he loves the club so much so, the question still stands, did the contract go out for competitive tender with sealed bids?, why didn't you complete the contract Steve?.

and your point, hi is owed millions, maybe he said i want some money to complete the job, i would.

Maybe the club could have saved millions by putting the work out to competitive tender.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:25 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:

Maybe the club could have saved millions by putting the work out to competitive tender.

Very interesting statement, I reckon you know a few things behind the scenes as well.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:02 pm

CMB Engineering - £4,700,000 Contract with Cardiff City Stadium

http://www.cmbengineering.co.uk/

Nice little earner when there is no competition.

That's just one contract, he may have put loads in, but he's not shy in awarding himself lucrative contracts.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Who cares, we can play them when we get some players back from injury and sign some midfielders.

Having game called off could be good for us as it will give the injured players a chance of playing in the next 2 games !!!!!

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Who cares, we can play them when we get some players back from injury and sign some midfielders.

Having game called off could be good for us as it will give the injured players a chance of playing in the next 2 games !!!!!

I care, 4.7 million contract and he hasn't finished it. Pigs in the Trough.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:47 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:CMB Engineering - £4,700,000 Contract with Cardiff City Stadium

That's just one contract, he may have put loads in, but he's not shy in awarding himself lucrative contracts.

Just to clarify a few points here.
The figure mentioned above includes the electrical contract which was carried out by bailey's electrical division.
The combined bid of cmb and baileys was lower than bids by lorne stewart and balfour kilpatrick
The council wanted 400k to put a clerk of works on the site for 1 year a job which steve borley took on to save the club that money.
Laing's also wanted additional monies for the stadium seating which the chairman agreed to but steve went elsewhere and got a better quality seat for cheaper than the original costings.
He then as you quite rightly point out paid out of his own pocket for the rest of the seats to fill in the corners of the ground which im sure you will admit makes the ground a lot better looking than the original concrete corners.
The fact of the matter here is that all the contractors who worked through steve have been paid and he is now owed 1.5 million.
Perhaps another contractor would have been winding the club up by now if they had not been paid and i supposed coupled with the inland revenue debt we would be in administration.
Perhaps you should be looking toward saint peter and asking him why then if in fact the stadium was not completed why he took a very large stadium completion bonus instead of paying of the fellow director and contractor the money he was owed.
Based on the fact that the electrical contract was 60% of the 4.7 million and steve is owed 1.5 million from the club i suppose he only needs a couple of more lucrative contracts like that before he goes into administration himself.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 pm

steve davies wrote:
JonesMustGo wrote:CMB Engineering - £4,700,000 Contract with Cardiff City Stadium

Just to clarify a few points here.
The figure mentioned above includes the electrical contract which was carried out by bailey's electrical division.
The combined bid of cmb and baileys was lower than bids by lorne stewart and balfour kilpatrick
The council wanted 400k to put a clerk of works on the site for 1 year a job which steve borley took on to save the club that money.
Laing's also wanted additional monies for the stadium seating which the chairman agreed to but steve went elsewhere and got a better quality seat for cheaper than the original costings.
He then as you quite rightly point out paid out of his own pocket for the rest of the seats to fill in the corners of the ground which im sure you will admit makes the ground a lot better looking than the original concrete corners.
The fact of the matter here is that all the contractors who worked through steve have been paid and he is now owed 1.5 million.
Perhaps another contractor would have been winding the club up by now if they had not been paid and i supposed coupled with the inland revenue debt we would be in administration.
Perhaps you should be looking toward saint peter and asking him why then if in fact the stadium was not completed why he took a very large stadium completion bonus instead of paying of the fellow director and contractor the money he was owed.
Based on the fact that the electrical contract was 60% of the 4.7 million and steve is owed 1.5 million from the club i suppose he only needs a couple of more lucrative contracts like that before he goes into administration himself.

Yes Steve, he has done so badly out of Cardiff City, it makes you wonder why he even bothered to quote for the work.

It was his contract to get the system up and running, it isn't.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 pm

please point out to me in the figures above where he has done well from the club.owed 1.2 million in the first week of july and told no chance in the immediate future of getting paid.
would any sane businessman then undertake another 250k's worth of work in august. i doubt it
ask saint peter to put his bonus back into the club we could have a stand by boiler as well then.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:56 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:

You're a real hero coming on here having a pop at Steve Borley whilst hiding behind a username. Trust me Steve Borley has done a lot more for the club than the club has done for him and if he relied on any money off the club then he'd be a very poor man. Don't make me laugh about tenders, please.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:51 pm

give the guy a break the man is city through and through, you and tlg seem to be out to have a dig at him at every moment.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:56 pm

For heaven sake leave Borley alone, He has always put his hand in his own pocket and come to the Rescue of Our Club on many occasions.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Borley only ever done stuff for the love of the club!! He paid for changing rooms and extra nice seats etc

but if rumours are true, would you do say a few grands worth of work on your mates house whithout getting paid? would you finish the job? He's only (if true) doing it because of riddler not Cardiff City F.C! people like borley know that the WANKERS GUY, RIDDLER DJ ETC only want to take from the club

so dont diss da broley or jaws will be broken bra :lol:

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:17 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:

I worked for Steve for several years and here your making out that he's made money out of the club, you couldn't be further wrong. If anything Steve's flagship company CMB Engineering suffered while the guy was acting Chairman of CCFC and saving the club at a time when nobody would step forward and do the job.

Couple this with not being paid for the work his company carried out at the new stadium, paying for new seats personally, and loaning the club money I fail to see how Steve is on an earner here. If anything his blind love for the club see's him out of pockets by a considerable amount.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:25 pm

steve borley is mr cardiff city

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:give the guy a break the man is city through and through, you and tlg seem to be out to have a dig at him at every moment.

Why are you bringing me into this?

Who the f**k are you and what is your problem? You seem to take every opportunity on this board to have a pop at me whilst hiding behind your anonymous username. So what have I done to upset you?

To clarify, I haven't said anything derogatory or otherwise about Steve Borley for as long as I can remember and I couldn't give a flying f**k about Saturday's postponement. In fact, it worked out well for me as I was knackered and wasn't in the mood for the game.

The only time I have mentioned Borley in recent times was on Mike's board in connection with a meeting he hosted at Ninian last year when he told a room full of about fifty of us that the eggchasers wouldn't pay their share for the undersoil heating system, or words to that effect.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:give the guy a break the man is city through and through, you and tlg seem to be out to have a dig at him at every moment.

Why are you bringing me into this?

Who the f**k are you and what is your problem? You seem to take every opportunity on this board to have a pop at me whilst hiding behind your anonymous username. So what have I done to upset you?

To clarify, I haven't said anything derogatory or otherwise about Steve Borley for as long as I can remember and I couldn't give a flying f**k about Saturday's postponement. In fact, it worked out well for me as I was knackered and wasn't in the mood for the game.

The only time I have mentioned Borley in recent times was on Mike's board in connection with a meeting he hosted at Ninian last year when he told a room full of about fifty of us that the eggchasers wouldn't pay their share for the undersoil heating system, or words to that effect.

I was surprised when I saw TLG mentioned as having a pop at Borley as I couldnt ever recall it, so much so that i went onto the CCMMB for a nose and found nothing where TLG remoteley slates Steve.