Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GIVEN THE GO AHEAD FOR NEW STADIUM!!!!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYQBLMx0hw Sheffield city council given us the go ahead for redevelopment of Hillsborough! :D pity we have'nt got a team to play in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Last edited by sam salim on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: GIVEN THE GO AHEAD FOR NEW STADIUM!!!!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Just stay in this division and you can move on. It's gone horribly wrong for you guys under Laws but I hope you stay up with us. One of football's good guys! When my parents and I would go to Hillsborough to watch our one Premiership game a year we would be treated so well by the staff there because we were Welsh. We had a guided tour upon our first visit when I was a real small kid and from then on they let us always park in the players car park and we thoroughly enjoyed every trip there. A fantastic club.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm

good luck dont forget under soil heating lol :lol:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:31 pm

cwmbranbluebird wrote:good luck dont forget under soil heating lol :lol:

:lol:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Its already in! Been up and running for years!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Its the same stadium but redeveloped in areas!!!!!!! 8-)

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:35 pm

So what are the plans Sam?

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:42 pm

click on the link! we are being given funds by council and education comittee because its also going to used by the education for teaching ect so they can also apply for grants from numerous places!!!!!!!! And world cup funding if we get the 2018 world cup! Hillsborough is one of the chosen grounds for world cup games!!!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Sheff UTD looks very smart. :lol:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Everyone to their own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 pm

Looks very impressive that, modern feel but same character.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:17 pm

looks very nice

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Looks Great :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , ONE DAY YOU WILL GET A TEAM WORTHY OF IT, YOUR TO BIG A CLUB TO KEEP DOWN.Sam, Mandy looked after Baby Tilly today for me at the Xmas Childrens party much appreciated, look forward to a drink with you at a future game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:35 pm

I would just prefere to stay in this division this season Annis. Glad you all enjoyed the kids party at the city! Wished id stayed down now im snowed in up here in yorkshire! Im down for the plymouth game! just make sure they switch the heating on!!!! :lol: Im going to have a good drink in canton before and after the game saturday and prey we can beat the geordies!!!!! :shock: HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND SEE YOU ALL BOXING DAY!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;)

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm

sam salim wrote:I would just prefere to stay in this division this season Annis. Glad you all enjoyed the kids party at the city! Wished id stayed down now im snowed in up here in yorkshire! Im down for the plymouth game! just make sure they switch the heating on!!!! :lol: Im going to have a good drink in canton before and after the game saturday and prey we can beat the geordies!!!!! :shock: HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND SEE YOU ALL BOXING DAY!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;)

Cheers Sam, Merry XMAS TO You and Mandy, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep on posting latest on Wednesday, They have asked Warren Feeney to go back, but he has said No Thanks, He thought the Club was great,but management shocking.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Hes only saying what we already know!!!!!! Massive club run by small minded people!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 pm

sam salim wrote:Hes only saying what we already know!!!!!! Massive club run by small minded people!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I agree, your massive, potentially TOP 10 in UK.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:56 pm

I'll keep posting m8! Just hope 2010 changes for the better for us!And you get promoted! I don't want to see Mandy like she was the last game of the season when we beat you to destroy your playoff dreams! She will never marry me if we do it again in April!!!!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 pm

sam salim wrote:I'll keep posting m8! Just hope 2010 changes for the better for us!And you get promoted! I don't want to see Mandy like she was the last game of the season when we beat you to destroy your playoff dreams! She will never marry me if we do it again in April!!!!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

She will marry you mate I promise, talking to her today she worships you and that takes a lot to come from her :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 pm

THANKS MATE! MADE MY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Looks fantastic, and the capacity willl be 44,500 wont it ?

I used to love the old uncovered Kop years ago, and always used to think the angled bit in the corner was wierd.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:56 pm

[quote="Joff"]Looks fantastic, and the capacity willl be 44,500 wont it ?

I used to love the old uncovered Kop years ago, and always used to think the angled bit in the corner was wierd.[/quote

it will have a 44,000 + capacity! what we call the triangle still looks a bit wierd on the new ground on the video!!!!!!!!!!
just need a team to be proud of to play in it!!!!!!!!!! Not the current one!!!!!!!!! :(

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 pm

why was the tri angle bit on the Kop anyway , as I am sure it wasnt built like that ?

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:19 pm

sorry Joff i thought you was on about the triangle on the away end between the north stand and leppings lane! The triangle on the kop has always been there but it did'nt look as obvious till they put the roof over the kop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:22 pm

I always found it strange - no one else probably took any notice :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:28 pm

they put millwall in that corner once for a night game in the mid 70's! only brought about a hundren +! was mental!!!!! :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:34 pm

I can imagine`- you were not at the 49,000 "boxing day massacre" were you ?

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 pm

i was in the middle of the kop! If you go on the thread INTRODUCE YOURSELF ON HERE ive put it down as my favourite ever game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Record third division attendence that day! :D :D :D 4-0 win over the blades!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:41 pm

yep I know 49,309 (sad or what) :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:42 pm

TURN BACK THE CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I am sure you will get out of your current position sooner rather than later.

Owls are a well respected club in these parts , although The Blunts are not. The blunts away support is also noticably poor. _ they have never brought more than 700 here in the last 20 years