Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

672 at the Dragons game

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:38 pm

I can't believe that crowd for Saturdays game against the French team Biarritz, and that is a top 4 Welsh region with a full squad of full time paid players, how do they manage to survive.

Re: 672 at the Dragons game

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:39 pm

there was 30 stewards in that lot too

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:41 pm

and the ceunty had 1,500 over at spytty park on saturday

that's a shocking crowd for the eggers ! but wasn't it postponed from the night before ?

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:41 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I can't believe that crowd for Saturdays game against the French team Biarritz, and that is a top 4 Welsh region with a full squad of full time paid players, how do they manage to survive.

It's the national sport mun :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:42 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:and the ceunty had 1,500 over at spytty park on saturday

that's a shocking crowd for the eggers ! but wasn't it postponed from the night before ?

yep but they played it up at llanelli

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Did they play at Llanelli, would explain the attendance, strange coz I thought the Dragons were getting good crowds.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Did they play at Llanelli, would explain the attendance, strange coz I thought the Dragons were getting good crowds.

was something to do with their pitch on friday night it was unplayable
so they moved it to the llanelli stadium on the saturday , well so they said on the news

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 pm

i remember glancing at on tv in the vaults at it being postponed and moved up west

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:25 pm

A year or so ago I remember the chairman? of Newport Dragons being interviewed about their ground redevelopment and the possibility of a ground share with the County.
I clearly recall him saying that was out of the question as the County were 'too small'.
Sometimes people say things that come back to bite them on the bum.