Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A true Story!

Sun May 16, 2010 8:00 pm

A true Story!
One of my mates has fallen out with his family over the Final at Wembley on Saturday! Now here’s the thing, I want to know what you guys would do if you were in his shoes?

Next Saturday there has been a big wedding organized for his Brother in law! My mate’s young son, is supposed to be the page boy! As you can all imagine there has been a lot of organizing, and like all big weddings it doesn’t come cheap! All the suits has been played for and the family has rented a very well know hotel for the day.

Now then the crunch! My mate and his son are huge huge City fans! They, like all of us were ecstatic about having the chance to travel to Wembley for the third time in Two years!
So dedicated are they that they have chose to go to Wembley over the wedding! The family are very upset over this, as you can imagine. These guys have to be one of the most dedicated fans we have.

Would you guys choose Wembley over your wife and Family! Do you think they will be eventually forgiven, or will they be forever outcasts? Your thought’s please!....... Mine are Respect!!...... My Bluebird friend!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Re: A true Story!

Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Wembley all day long, it our biggest chance to ever make the prem :ayatollah:

Sun May 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Probably have to chose family
I'd never be forgiven otherwise :lol:

Sun May 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Wayne, perhaps to keep everybody happy, the city fans should go to Wembley and suggest
changing the date of the wedding so they can go to that as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o

How are you mate? All good down here in Jackland.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:09 pm

[quote="half time wayne"]A true Story!
One of my mates has fallen out with his family over the Final at Wembley on Saturday! Now here’s the thing, I want to know what you guys would do if you were in his shoes?

Next Saturday there has been a big wedding organized for his Brother in law! My mate’s young son, is supposed to be the page boy! As you can all imagine there has been a lot of organizing, and like all big weddings it doesn’t come cheap! All the suits has been played for and the family has rented a very well know hotel for the day.

Now then the crunch! My mate and his son are huge huge City fans! They, like all of us were ecstatic about having the chance to travel to Wembley for the third time in Two years!
So dedicated are they that they have chose to go to Wembley over the wedding! The family are very upset over this, as you can imagine. These guys have to be one of the most dedicated fans we have.

Would you guys choose Wembley over your wife and Family! Do you think they will be eventually forgiven, or will they be forever outcasts? Your thought’s please!....... Mine are Respect!!...... My Bluebird friend!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

family forgive i left my wife in kids in florida to fly back for fa cup final and now im in spain for my 40th birthday
and party over there all orgainised by my wife and guess what im may be flying back if ash allows !

So they can watch the city and get back for evening party and then they wont be missed so much !

Sun May 16, 2010 8:21 pm

I have a family holiday booked Majorca fly out thursday for 2 weeks not worth the grilling has to be family as long as i get a day on the booze and watch the game... :ayatollah:

Sun May 16, 2010 8:27 pm

honest answer i recently split with my girl because of football!!! (well the were other things but footie didnt help)

so my answer would be the wedding.....

Sun May 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Wembley no contest.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:34 pm

wow what a dilemma, i have and always will put family first................................but :D

Sun May 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I have to say Family first.............

But Alison is sitting next to me :D

Sun May 16, 2010 9:08 pm

i know someone who cant go cos he's a best man at a wedding :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 pm

id say f**k em, get to wembley!!

Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Wembley, but in reality it would probably be wedding with sky tv in the bar.

Sun May 16, 2010 10:14 pm

If they are real good friends, they should try and re-arrange their wedding date ... then everyone happy ( easy said than done, I know )!!! If it was my wedding, Id have to leave the groom at the alter, I always said Cardiff City would be the death of me !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 16, 2010 10:34 pm

I have a family/ Wembley dilemma. Clashes with my mam's 80th birthday bash. Guess which I've chosen.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Lost Profits wrote:I have a family/ Wembley dilemma. Clashes with my mam's 80th birthday bash. Guess which I've chosen.

PLEASE Say your Mam :old: :old:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 am

i missed my sister in laws wedding for a normal league game, its only an in-law, get up to wembley :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm

IN same boat .....mates wedding and i chose that.....good friends and all that.
i will be disappointed on the day,my son will be on the bus with all the city fans we usually go away with.but at least i can say ive been to wembley to see city play.....twice...never thought id ever get to say that a few years ago. :lol:
Hope everyone has a good day and we do the business. :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Idont like the wifes family so its no contest. WEMBLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Wembley for me,It could be a very historical day and in years to come looking back you can proudly say i was there. :ayatollah:
The family will forgive you eventually :lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Football first ,my last misses did`nt take it in when i first met her and told her that what ever happen`s the football come`s first. Up the road she went my present beloved took it all in and has even paid for the ticket`s for us to go on saturday,happy day`s...... :P :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Lost Profits wrote:I have a family/ Wembley dilemma. Clashes with my mam's 80th birthday bash. Guess which I've chosen.

wembley :D

she'll be 81 next year and even more to celebrate

Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 am

Depends on how close you are to the brother in law, if it was me with my brother then I'd definitely choose my brothers wedding over it. I am a very commited fan but my family does come first, though, if it was my brother in law then there's room for thought...

Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 am

get to wembley thats all i say, what do you think you'll look back on in years to come and say i was there:

your in laws wedding or city getting promoted to the premier league

you can even be back in the evening and go to that gig to. I'd just tell the missus how it is.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:23 am

Wembley every time and take the groom with you!!

Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 am

I had to make a similair decision once and what I learned from it was that Cardiff City will always be there no matter what.

The same couldn't be said for the ex-wife and estranged daughter though :(

Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm

I was meant to be going to the same wedding as they were Wayne but i'm going to Wembley. I'm sure the groom will understand as he was at Chelsea with us but I can't see his family being too understanding.