Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Give The Guy A Chance

Mon May 17, 2010 11:06 am

Gethin Jenkins.

The new CEO of Cardiff City FC, he may have come from a rugby club ( Newport Gwent Dragons ) but the man is City through and through, he has followed City since childhood and regardless of where he earned his excellent reputation as a CEO, it can only be a positive announcement for this club.

Some of our supporters cant see past their noses on times but we must give Gethin the chance to show what he can do for Cardiff City, so lets not be negative about him.

Good Luck Gethin, hope you are better than the last one :D :ayatollah:

Re: Give The Guy A Chance

Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 am

You're right, Carl. Give him a chance. Got be better than his predecessor.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 am

I have confidence that they're running a much tighter ship now and my mate seems to be quite impressed with Jenkins' track record.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:20 am

yer good look GETHIN you egg chasing mother fucker :lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 am

I think it's a good appointment,

the only worry I've got is the apparent lack of football knowledge/contacts we'd have.
TG probably doesn't have too much knowledge of UK football, and Gethin has come from 6 years or so of rugby.

Ridsdale was involved with quite a few of the transfers I belive - McPhail and Loovens ring a bell
Not that I would want Ridsdale to have anything to do with the club, but we need somebody with enough contacts and experience (I don't mean Sam either!)

Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Equally, carl, let's not raise the guy as a hero due to being a City fan before proving himself.

What I've been told by Dragons fans is a mixed bag - did a good job / poor job under financial constraints, will he be able to step up given the finances in football dwarf those of egg, or at least, the amount involved with the Dragons. The number of "negative" comments from the eggers side is so far higher than positive comments.

If he does a good job, great. If not... or is in over his head... then we've problems. This reeks of a recommendation by Guy, tbh.

Mon May 17, 2010 6:07 pm

My f*cking Cocker Spaniel could do a better job than Ridsdale.

However you are right Carl. He deserves a chance.

Mon May 17, 2010 6:07 pm

nerd wrote:Equally, carl, let's not raise the guy as a hero due to being a City fan before proving himself.

What I've been told by Dragons fans is a mixed bag - did a good job / poor job under financial constraints, will he be able to step up given the finances in football dwarf those of egg, or at least, the amount involved with the Dragons. The number of "negative" comments from the eggers side is so far higher than positive comments.

If he does a good job, great. If not... or is in over his head... then we've problems. This reeks of a recommendation by Guy, tbh.

Understandable Post Nerd but there has been some quite negative posting regarding Gethin's appointment so I would like to balance the view.

Mon May 17, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm glad to see the guy in instead of Ridsdale, he did wonders with the dragons finances and kept things very tight. Their club seem to be running alot steadier at the moment and the standard they're playing.

Welcome

Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Credit given where credits due - and he will earn the respect from us all when he prooves he can do the job - and with everything that has been happening over the previous months/years I hope that they have scutinised his abilities before appointing - and yes give the guy a chance what ever his backround and I hope he does an outstanding job with the new team on board at CCS - bloooooobirds

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Carl, at first I thought oh No Egghead then I looked in to him, And Your Right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, at first I thought oh No Egghead then I looked in to him, And Your Right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gethin is no fool,believe me.We`re lucky to have him and won`t be fucked in a Peter type of way :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 am

carlccfc wrote:Gethin Jenkins.

The new CEO of Cardiff City FC, he may have come from a rugby club ( Newport Gwent Dragons ) but the man is City through and through, he has followed City since childhood and regardless of where he earned his excellent reputation as a CEO, it can only be a positive announcement for this club.

Some of our supporters cant see past their noses on times but we must give Gethin the chance to show what he can do for Cardiff City, so lets not be negative about him.

Good Luck Gethin, hope you are better than the last one :D :ayatollah:

Brilliant to have a Welsh CEO

But not so good he shares the same surname as the inbred b*stard Huw Jenkins!

Tue May 18, 2010 6:24 am

The other fellas with rugby backgrounds have been slated and slagged on here for trying to get one over Cardiff City, so is it any surprise that this guy should get a different reaction?

Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 am

Nottage Blue wrote:The other fellas with rugby backgrounds have been slated and slagged on here for trying to get one over Cardiff City, so is it any surprise that this guy should get a different reaction?

Andy, He is actually a Cardiff City Season Ticket holder, but I totally understand your point, As I hate Rugby with a passion.

Tue May 18, 2010 7:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:The other fellas with rugby backgrounds have been slated and slagged on here for trying to get one over Cardiff City, so is it any surprise that this guy should get a different reaction?

Andy, He is actually a Cardiff City Season Ticket holder, but I totally understand your point, As I hate Rugby with a passion.

I never realised that, Annis. I think this sort of suspicion is always going to happen when the 2 clubs are so close together. And, lets face it, all directors at all clubs (well, 99.9% of them) are only in it for one thing, money, and making as much of it for themselves as possible

Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I never realised that, Annis. I think this sort of suspicion is always going to happen when the 2 clubs are so close together. And, lets face it, all directors at all clubs (well, 99.9% of them) are only in it for one thing, money, and making as much of it for themselves as possible

I am with you on that Andy all the way.