Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES LINKED WITH WEST HAM

Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm

What do people reckon of this?

Re: DAVE JONES LINKED WITH WEST HAM

Mon May 17, 2010 3:03 pm

chippy909 wrote:What do people reckon of this?

Aye he's on a short list of 4 - covering his own ass :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Maybe if we dont go up? he may consider it.....

Personally - I'd like to keep Jones for the coming season if we go up anyway, see what he can achieve with a bit of spending power first?

Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Given Gold previously stated they'd consider him ONLY if West Ham went down, it's a non-story.

Mon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm

He will go to West Ham if they offer him the job regardless if we go up or not. However I think this nicely falls into the hands of our new owners. I believe they want to bring in a charasmatic manager like Holloway or Martinez in but will not sack DJ as he has got us to a PO final. That would not look good upon them.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Dave Jones is the best manager cardiff city have ever had. He is happy with his family in Cardiff, his tears after beating Leicester just shows how much this club means to him. He is building something special here which is what happens if you are patient and stick with a good manager. Dave Jones is going to be our version of Tony Pullis with stoke, i guarantee you if we go up on saturday, we will be like stoke city and stay in the premier league. stick with a good manager and we will be fine. Every season he has improved-what more can you ask for under our clubs circumstances

Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 am

Of course he'd go to West Ham if they offered him the job.

They won't offer him the job though.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 am

Why would he go to a little club like that, represented just the 'West' of a place called 'Ham' when he is managing the Barcelona of british football...............FEK OFF WEST HAM, YOU'RE A JOKE TEAM WITH JOKE FANS ----GO MERGE WITH ORIENT OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 am

Why the hell would they want an Ian Holloway type manager?

The guy is like a comedian who is far past his sell by date and almost does stuff as a matter of necessity to keep up his bubbly 'image'. He wasn't so bubbly when we beat QPR in 2003 and told his team not to congratulate us.