Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question ???

Mon May 17, 2010 9:35 pm

As someone who played rugby for many years in the south wales valleys(mainly because i wanted to play sport and was not good enough a footballer to play for any football team)why does eveyone on this board have such a downer on rugby.I can understand the frustration with the media coverage and the dislike of the people who run the national game,but most players in wales are just the same type of people as us.when i finished playing i could not watch rugby and came back to watching city,but most people i meet seem to have this thing about the''''egg'''''.

Re: Question ???

Mon May 17, 2010 9:40 pm

frustration with the media coverage

the words nail and head come to mind :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 pm

It's born out of frustration denzil mainly due to the fact of the egg taffia we have had toput up all these years but your right lot's of people especially the youngsters play rugby and support the city too . to some people that's a crime but to me it's stupid . each to there own i suppose

Mon May 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Denzil wrote:As someone who played rugby for many years in the south wales valleys(mainly because i wanted to play sport and was not good enough a footballer to play for any football team)why does eveyone on this board have such a downer on rugby.I can understand the frustration with the media coverage and the dislike of the people who run the national game,but most players in wales are just the same type of people as us.when i finished playing i could not watch rugby and came back to watching city,but most people i meet seem to have this thing about the''''egg'''''.

Annis this is one for you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Newblue wrote:
Annis this is one for you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:51 pm

National Sport of Wales the Egg is....

Although their Regions never get close to our attendances at all!

Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Denzil wrote:As someone who played rugby for many years in the south wales valleys(mainly because i wanted to play sport and was not good enough a footballer to play for any football team)why does eveyone on this board have such a downer on rugby.I can understand the frustration with the media coverage and the dislike of the people who run the national game,but most players in wales are just the same type of people as us.when i finished playing i could not watch rugby and came back to watching city,but most people i meet seem to have this thing about the''''egg'''''.

IMHO, the hostility represents a minority (but vocal) view. One suspects that most CCFC fans couldn't care less.