Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO MARTYN1963 & CEFNFFORESTBLUEBIRD

Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Hiya gents,

Tried sending this twice through PMs earlier this morning but messages seem to get stuck in my Outbox and not get sent.......

Anyway, I raised the point about planting tress/shrubs in the stadium surrounds and the matter of the memorial garden. Both items received enthusiastically by the Board and the members present.

Evidently the club have been concerned in the past about trees and plants being vandalised (understandable) and although they set a budget of about £85,000 for the memorial garden, it's no surprise that they ran out of cash. It was agreed that the Trust will raise these issues with the club and offer to gather donations/sponsorship of trees, plants, building materials etc etc and to offer volunteer help with the planning, planting and building. Apparently, the City Council is very keen on the memorial garden so we will enlist their support.

I'll ensure this gets taken forward and isn't forgotten. I know you both live out of Cardiff but if you can offer help to get things off the ground (or rather in the ground :lol: ), that would be great.

Meanwhile, thanks for raising these ideas and please keep 'em coming.

Mike

Re: FAO MARTYN1963 & CEFNFFORESTBLUEBIRD

Tue May 18, 2010 12:52 pm

sounds like a job for Ground Force ? :lol: seriously tho thanks Mike :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 pm

What about if the club offered free tickets for a local company if they donated trees and planted them? Maybe do it for the less attractive games next season that would see the seats go to waste anyway?

Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 pm

thinking about it then its a prime target for vandals which would need to be addressed before I would consider my support .

Tue May 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Instead of having shrubs and tree's why not maybe have a nice seating area.......benches with plaques of whom have passed away?

Sorry if this has nothing to do with me, its only a suggestion, hope you don't mind me butting in guys :oops:

:ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Appreciate you taking the time to mention the trees /plants ideas , And great to see did receive a positive feedback, more than happy to help in way with this idea :ayatollah: