Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT TEAMS DO YOU THINK WOULD FILL THE NEW STADIUM ?

Tue May 18, 2010 3:09 pm

If We get Promoted ?

And Were Struggling. At least 12 in My Opinion and at least 10 if it held 35,000 ?

Everton,Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle,Man Utd, Sunderland,Spurs,Westham,Arsenal,Aston Villa,Wolves,Chelsea.

Re: WHAT TEAMS DO YOU THINK WOULD FILL THE NEW STADIUM ?

Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Clydebank :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:39 pm

man u
chelsea
arsenal
liverpool
villa
spurs
man city
west ham
everton

:ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:47 pm

chippy909 wrote:man u
chelsea
arsenal
liverpool
villa
spurs
man city
west ham
everton

:ayatollah:

I have to agree with that list. I don't think Wolves would. However, the attraction of it being a six pointer might lure them all here but I don't know if we would fill our allocation.

I would say Birmingham might come close but it depends how they're doing. I agree about Sunderland too. Great following for them.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:56 pm

I think it might to easier to name the one's that wouldn't sell out, which I would guess won't be many.

My thinking is this - In south Wales EVERY MAN AND HIS DOG is going to want to go to the top team games. Tickets are going to be at a premium with kids nagging their parents to go. There's simply not going to be anywhere near enough to go around. When your kid comes home from school saying that Billy's dad is taking him, you are going to want to appease your child. The only other way to do this is to take him to watch Cardiff play whoever else. This will then transfer ticket pressure to those games. If there's a sniff of a game selling out, no matter who it is, you'll get people buying just in case.

Added to that, you will get those who'll just want to watch the lower team because Cardiff will have a better chance of winning. For some, seeing Cardiff win a Premiership game could rank higher on their wish list than just watching Man U etc.
I would also expect to see a few games linked to each others ticket wise. In other words you can only buy a Man U ticket with a Sjoke ticket for example.

So my list of game that WILL NOT sell out are:

Maybe the pre-season friendlies. And that's it. :ayatollah: