Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Banning Figures

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 pm

View em here..

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documents/Football%20Arrest%20BO%20Statistics%202008-09.pdf?view=Binary

Re: Football Banning Figures

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 pm

They are now released as of 9.30 this morning....I had a good look at them Yesterday and they show Cardiff City high up in the lists again...yet we rarely hear of many incidents thesedays...The FSF will find out how many of our actual arrests turned into convictions...that would make the figures more realistic.

Our banning orders are high though and the ammount of police that police our games will be a factor in that...

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:55 pm

You have to trawl through the tables to get a fairer view of the most recent statistics.

No surprise that we had the highest amount of arrests away from home in the division.
Other clubs handed out more banning orders that season though.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:27 pm

My local non-league team Salisbury City have 16 arrests and 5 banning orders. Only seen 'trouble' there once when 2 or 3 locals and 2 or 3 luton fans were gesticulating and making signs at one another through a security fence-a real flashback to the 80s!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Also no surprise that a lot of arrests happened in the Midlands and South Yorkshire regions!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:25 pm

do these bans include the cival bans giving to cardiff fans without conviction ? cause i know there been a few the real figure could be a lot higher .

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Zabier wrote:Also no surprise that a lot of arrests happened in the Midlands and South Yorkshire regions!

I've been to Wolves once (3-2 and the riot outside-bastard WMP pushed me and my then 8 year old boy into the battle ground) and wont go back.

Been too Sheff United once (3-5) and again after the treatment from SYP i wont go back.