Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

R.I.P 'GORY'

Tue May 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Gory ( Andrew Hopkins ) one of the Neath Blues older heads passed away this morning of a heart attack, Gory was a regular at City since the 70's and was a truly likeable, fun character. In the 70's, the boys tell me, Gory would go to the games dressed in a white butchers jacket.

Sadly Gory leaves a Wife and a very young daughter and my condolences go them and his family and friends.

Only last night Gory was in Neath with another City fan singing songs and on top form looking forward to Saturday, it will be a difficult day on Saturday for all who know Gory.

You will be sadly missed Gory and you will be in my thoughts and I know in many others when the team runs out on Saturday.

Re: R.I.P 'GORY'

Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm

RIP mate :cry:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm

R.I.P :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm

RIP another sad sad loss :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:31 pm

rip neath bluebird :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Carl, I really Feel for his Family Gory has left behind, He will be Sadly Missed. He was a TRUE BLUEBIRD :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

RIP Gory :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:32 pm

RIP Gory you will be sadly missed, remember many games in the Dungeon when we were a few 100 away from home, always reliable you and the other Neath/Port Talbot boys, life is not fair at times condolences to your family and friends. Peg (Denmark)

Tue May 18, 2010 5:41 pm

RIP

Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Rest in Peace Fellow Bluebird.

My sincere condolences go out to all family and friends.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Very sad news R.I.P

Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Very Sad news, R.I.P Gory, condolences to his family and many friends, from a Port Talbot Bluebird. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Rest in Peace Gory, i didn't know you - but somehow i did.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Rest in peace mate, you will be sorely missed

Tue May 18, 2010 6:20 pm

RIP.
:ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:28 pm

A real character amongst all the neath boys,will be sadly missed by all who knew him. R.I.P Gory

Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm

R.I.P :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Deeply shocked by this sad news, I've known Gory since the early 80's along with all the Neath lads, he was a character who was a pleasure to be in the company of. I chatted to him recently after the Reading home game along with IJ and he was his usual bubbly self.
My condolences to his wife and family.

R.I.P. Mate
Andy (ex Penarth)
:( :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:53 pm

r.i.p fellow footy fan. condolences to the family

Tue May 18, 2010 7:21 pm

feel for him just a couple of days before wembley.
rip

Tue May 18, 2010 7:39 pm

RIP FELLOW BLUEBIRD,OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Tue May 18, 2010 7:40 pm

RIP. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 7:50 pm

R.I.P. mate, a top gent and a true neath blue.gutted.................we'll have a good drink for u mate on saturday and hope ur watching where ever u are. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 pm

I have just taken a call from Gareth Jones, Neath Blue a very good friend of Gory, who has asked me to quote this for him " I am proud to say that I introduced Gory to the City for his first ever game in 1974/75 season, it was the final game of the season at home against Bolton, and from that day Gory became a massive City regular "

Gareth is in bits and devasted by this terrible news and simply said about Gory " LEGEND ". :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 pm

R.I.P, Didn't know him but with all the comments must have been a very nice man

My thoughts go out to all his family and friends

Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 pm

I had a call off one of the Caewern lads this morning at 7.30 deeply saddened as I went through school at Dwr y Felin in the same form as him, and I must say Gory and Gareth converted mr to a bluebird all those years ago we had some memorable trips away he will be sadly missed ever smiling and happy!! I certaintly will be having a few beers in his memory on Saturday RIP M8

Tue May 18, 2010 8:26 pm

I was speaking with Julian Jenkins from the club this evening and Julian passed on his condolences and respected that Gory had been a regular for 35 yrs.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm

R.I.P Gory :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Very sad news to hear,A really top bloke will be greatly missed by us older boys a True city legend.Condolences to his Family and friends,Will be thinking of him and Dolphy on Saturday at Wembley.Willy Dinas Powys Bluebird. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 pm

RIP fella

Lets hope ccfc do you proud on sat

Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Very sad news about a great mate. One of the 'originals' from Neath who will be deeply missed by all the boys from Neath and fellow Bluebirds all over the country who knew him through the decades. A true and loyal City fan who could not wait for Saturday to see his dream come true and watch the City getting to the Promised Land. We were to be on the same train out of Neath on Saturday looking forward to a great occasion. All the lads are in total shock with Gareth and IJ especially hit hard. Gory was on top form at the Weekend at Newbury Races with IJ and again last night out on the town with the only conversation being about Saturday's game.

Myself and Gory walked to the ground last Wednesday in anticipation of the game and it is so so sad that was our final walk together to a football game. So many stories to tell over the years we could of written a book.

Rest in Peace mate you will never be forgotten by all the NEATH Blues or the many friends you made over the years following the City. :cry:

Respect
Brain.