Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: R.I.P 'GORY'

Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Labby Doos wrote:Very sad news about a great mate. One of the 'originals' from Neath who will be deeply missed by all the boys from Neath and fellow Bluebirds all over the country who knew him through the decades. A true and loyal City fan who could not wait for Saturday to see his dream come true and watch the City getting to the Promised Land. We were to be on the same train out of Neath on Saturday looking forward to a great occasion. All the lads are in total shock with Gareth and IJ especially hit hard. Gory was on top form at the Weekend at Newbury Races with IJ and again last night out on the town with the only conversation being about Saturday's game.

Myself and Gory walked to the ground last Wednesday in anticipation of the game and it is so so sad that was our final walk together to a football game. So many stories to tell over the years we could of written a book.

Rest in Peace mate you will never be forgotten by all the NEATH Blues or the many friends you made over the years following the City. :cry:

Respect
Brain.

Nice one Gus cu saturday wot time you all on at Neath

Tue May 18, 2010 9:03 pm

the boys are catching the 6-40 from neath

Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm

caewern,neath blue wrote:the boys are catching the 6-40 from neath

Dime, Can't take it in mate.

Brain.

Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Labby Doos wrote:

Brain.

we are all shocked mate.

Tue May 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Labby Doos wrote:

Brain.

Sorry Brain thought you signed as Brian (Gus) !! what time train you on we will have a swig in London for Gory

N

Tue May 18, 2010 10:31 pm

sad news rest in peace fellow bluebird :salute:

Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Sad news indeed, my thoughts are with his friends and family at a time like this, RIP Gory.

Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 pm

sure Brain has got a splendid shot of all the neath Lads in last play off final in the council club westgate street!!! causing mayhem :lol:

Tue May 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Here is pic of my best mate - He's the big c*nt in the white at the front. Gutted IJ!
Riga Latvia v Wales 18082004
Riga-25.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 pm

IJ he looks better than Yaun in that photo and Chris with short hair!!!

Tue May 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Rest in peace fellow Bluebird.

:ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 11:27 pm

jackblue wrote:
Labby Doos wrote:

Brain.

Sorry Brain thought you signed as Brian (Gus) !! what time train you on we will have a swig in London for Gory

N

Allright Nal. We are on the 06:40 but there will be a genuine sadness that he will not be with us on the journey. Porky tells me you are on the 07:30. We are drinking in marylebone on saturday if you fancy popping over.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:31 pm

jackblue wrote:IJ he looks better than Yaun in that photo and Chris with short hair!!!

Rex (Chris) the only Jack I have total respect for. While all the boys are losing thier hair, he as grown his is down to his backside!!

Tue May 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Sialia Nexicana wrote:Here is pic of my best mate - He's the big c*nt in the white at the front. Gutted IJ!
Riga Latvia v Wales 18082004
Riga-25.jpg

Cracking photo Jones, chin up mate.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 am

My deepest sympathy now goes to his family. Ive known Gory since the late 70's when all the Neath/Glynneath lads first got together he was the original Daddy and will never be forgotten by us all. All of us have been devasted by the sad news of his passing away. I know Gory was so looking forward to Sat saying just the night before that he had seen city play at Wembley in all the divisions except the Promised League and this was his last wish for City to get there.

Goodbye old friend you will never be forgotten the orginal Daddy to us all and a true friend.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:00 am

Now I've seen the pic I know him, what a sad loss.He always seemed to be at every game I went to in the 70's-80's.
RIP to him, and condolences to his family.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 am

I didn't know him but from reading the comments on here, a sad, sad loss of a true gentleman

Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 am

R.I.P fellow blue 2nd sad lose in a week for city fans thoughts go out to your family.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 am

Now I've seen the pic I know him, what a sad loss.He always seemed to be at every game I went to in the 70's-80's.
RIP to him, and condolences to his family.

Wed May 19, 2010 10:50 am

Deeply shocked and saddened by this sad news, I knew Gory since the early 80's along with all the other Neath & PT lads, he was a character who was a pleasure to be in the company of. He was a great and always cheerful guy. He was City through and through.
When only a few hundred of us would travel away he was always one of them, a top top bloke.
My condolences to his wife and family.
Just before our biggest match ever, its sad to think he wont be there in person, but i know he will be there in spirit looking down on his beloved bluebirds at Wembley.
RIP Gory mate......... Simon ( Williams ) :(

Wed May 19, 2010 11:23 am

R.I.P, from a jack, best regards to all the family & friends.
Have met him a few times many years ago,
as you can imagine in Neath, the usual sat night goings on.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:48 am

RIP Gory mate! You will be missed! Glad I had the pleasure of knowing you, will raise a glass or 2 for you Saturday, hopefully the boys will do you proud!

:ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 11:57 am

R.I.P :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 2:10 pm

RIP! :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

RIP Gory, when I put up the neath bluebirds flag on Saturday I'll be thinking of you.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Labby Doos wrote:
jackblue wrote:IJ he looks better than Yaun in that photo and Chris with short hair!!!

Rex (Chris) the only Jack I have total respect for. While all the boys are losing thier hair, he as grown his is down to his backside!!

yes brain see you in Marleybone Tunes txt me today see you for a few beers and raise our glasses to Gory M8

Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

RIP Gory

Wed May 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Had the pleasure of knowing Gory for many years following the City he was a top fella always cracking jokes on the train up to Cardiff on match days he will be sadly missed RIP Gory .