Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our new kit

Wed May 19, 2010 12:33 pm

To make the Malaysians feel that its their club and to buy us a lot of loyal support in Malaysia why don't they consider having a small Malaysian flag on the shirts alongside the Welsh flag?

Re: Our new kit

Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Do Chelsea have a russian flag? Do Man City Have a Saudi flag (or wherever their owners are from)? Do Liverpool, United and Villa have an American flag? No, lets just leave it as it is. I'm happy to have them here and very, very grateful to them for buying into us, but lets not get too gushy, eh?

Wed May 19, 2010 12:39 pm

No thank you.

The only team I know that has different flags on their kit is Bath rugby.
They get a flag of their country if they've had an international cap.

Wed May 19, 2010 12:41 pm

No thanks.

Good idea though.

But no other team has a flag of the country the owners are from

Keep it WELSH :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 12:44 pm

are the team wearing the new kit on Saturday ? :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Fair enough boys, but the fact that no other club does it isn't really a good argument, why can't Cardiff be the trend setters for a change? People criticise the club for not marketing themselves properly and something like this would I ma sure go down really well in Malaysia, think of the kits we would sell. Plus the fact all the Malaysian kids would want to support us rather than the Arse or Manure!!

Wed May 19, 2010 3:29 pm

should have an athletico madrid style away kit :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm

I don't think that will make any difference. Arse and Manure and the Mickey Mousers are all clubs with already huge fanbases in the far east and the kids are influenced by that more than they are clubs with a Malaysian badge on. I understand your point but I really don't think it will make much difference

Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Oh my god, NO.

Wed May 19, 2010 4:02 pm

baker wrote:Oh my god, NO.

See guys, Baker doesn't like it. It must be a good idea!! :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 5:13 pm

CayoBluebird wrote:Fair enough boys, but the fact that no other club does it isn't really a good argument, why can't Cardiff be the trend setters for a change? People criticise the club for not marketing themselves properly and something like this would I ma sure go down really well in Malaysia, think of the kits we would sell. Plus the fact all the Malaysian kids would want to support us rather than the Arse or Manure!!

Because if they f**k off - we're stuck with a useless malaysian flag on our shirts ? :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Merlin wrote:
CayoBluebird wrote:Fair enough boys, but the fact that no other club does it isn't really a good argument, why can't Cardiff be the trend setters for a change? People criticise the club for not marketing themselves properly and something like this would I ma sure go down really well in Malaysia, think of the kits we would sell. Plus the fact all the Malaysian kids would want to support us rather than the Arse or Manure!!

Because if they f**k off - we're stuck with a useless malaysian flag on our shirts ? :lol:

We could do a Spencer Prior :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Sorry fella...........think this is a ridiculous idea

Would put me off buying a shirt.........and would make us a bit of a laughing stock I reckon