Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT LOOKS LIKE MY DREAM OF OWNING A FOOTBALL CLUB

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Is over. I have now had 2 bids turned down from the administrator and I am worried now as it looks like the administrator is interested in non football people to sell the ground to. :|

Re: IT LOOKS LIKE MY DREAM OF OWNING A FOOTBALL CLUB

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Problem is the Trust would rather bi in CONTROL of a Club that is Fucked, than have no control at all. I put Capitals on CONTROL cos that is what it is all about as far as the Trust in concerned. Bastards they gonna ruin that Club.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 pm

BlueCheg wrote:Problem is the Trust would rather bi in CONTROL of a Club that is Fucked, than have no control at all. I put Capitals on CONTROL cos that is what it is all about as far as the Trust in concerned. Bastards they gonna ruin that Club.

Hello Chegs, I am able to speak now, give us a ring when your free.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Is over. I have now had 2 bids turned down from the administrator and I am worried now as it looks like the administrator is interested in non football people to sell the ground to. :|

Evening Annis,

Hope today on the book front went well? I've been offline for a few days with Family Santa visits and a deep depression after Saturday's pitch debacle (thank god I checked this site before doing the 240 mile round trip - I was not so lucky for Derby last season :evil: )

Anyway, I don't want to p!ss the loyal Merthyr fans off, but you may have to recognise that two strikes (or two "Strikers") and out is somebody's way of telling you something..... So, let's be factual for a minute:

- You have a love affair with another club already
- You are not as minted as 'Roman' :D
- You cannot attend two games at once
- You already have a 2010-2011 season ticket (x4) for another club
- You have a further 4 year price freeze on all your tickets
- As such, you have 5 years footie for 'THE ENTIRE FAMILY' at CCS for a few grand versus spending a few grand on solicitors fees on stage one alone of the purchase of a certain MTFC
- you appear to be a 'Mr Family' man......... ;)
- It's difficult to find a ladder big enough to get out of a money pit.

So, in summary, forget being Father Christmas....you are a CCFC loving family man...and instead..... get yourself a pair of the sought after re-issue Gold Diardora Kangaroo skin Borg Elite's...... they're much cheaper, are an item of total affection by those in the know, and won't resent you once you've spent your hard earned cash on them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Peter
Last edited by CCFC WORCESTER on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:38 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Is over. I have now had 2 bids turned down from the administrator and I am worried now as it looks like the administrator is interested in non football people to sell the ground to. :|

Evening Annis,

Hope today on the book front went well? I've been offline for a few days with Family Santa visits and a deep depression after Saturday's pitch debacle (thank god I checked this site before doing the 240 mile round trip - I was not so lucky for Derby last season :evil: )

Anyway, I don't want to p!ss the loyal Merthyr fans off, but you may have to recognise that two strikes (or two "Strikers") and out is somebody's way of telling you something..... So, let's be factual for a minute:

- You have a love affair with another club already
- You are not as minted as 'Roman' :D
- You cannot attend two games at once
- You already have a 2010-2011 season ticket (x4) for another club
- You have a further 4 year price freeze on all your tickets
- As such, you have 5 years footie for 'THE ENTIRE FAMILY' at CCS for a few grand versus a spending a few grand on solicitors fees on stage one alone of the purchase of a certain MTFC
- you appear to Mr Family......... ;)
- It's difficult to find a ladder big enough to get out of a money pit.

So, in summary, forget being Father Christmas....you are a CCFC loving family man...and instead..... get yourself a pair of the sought after re-issue Gold Diardora Kangaroo skin Borg Elite's...... they're much cheaper, are an item of total affection by those in the know, and won't resent you once you've spent your hard earned cash on them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Peter

Hi Peter, All went well today thanks.

I just read your post to my wife, she was laughing and totally agreed with you.
I agree on many things there mate and you are right I have one love in football CARDIFF CITY, But I do love Merthyrs ground.
A great post by you mate with a lot of truths in it.
:ayatollah: Annis

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Good on your wife, she's well clued up!! :D :D

Hey, you'd never guess I was, until recently, a 'B'anker for all of 9 years...... ahem, and that's with a 'B' and not a 'W' by the way (albeit I know we are currently less popular than a Jack Traffic Warden.... :oops: )

So, no wonder I'm dishing out financial advice to you eh? ;)

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Annis, the key is to get control and dont let others dictate. Trusts are useful as long as they dont want ownership or say within. A trust should be a Supporters group to assist someone and unite who has enough substance in both financial terms and knowledge to lead a business.

£30,000 is the reported figure the Admin is seeking for the lease of the land/offices of Merthyr, hope this helps you in your quest and of course if you require any further assistance feel free to ask.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Annis

I have to totally agree with Peter - i think your real love is CCFC not MTFC.

Whist it would be wonderful distraction to help them, i'm not sure your heart would be 100% in it.

You are CCFC through and through. MTFC may disappear but it will also rise again- somehow.

CCFC is in your heart it's where you belong

Stick with it.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:54 pm

I agree TNT , totally about Trusts, But that figure is just the start, that wont get you the Club its self.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Annis

I have to totally agree with Peter - i think your real love is CCFC not MTFC.

Whist it would be wonderful distraction to help them, i'm not sure your heart would be 100% in it.

You are CCFC through and through. MTFC may disappear but it will also rise again- somehow.

CCFC is in your heart it's where you belong

Stick with it.

Thanks My Friend.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Take over Aberaman Athletic, get rid of Leighton James and your laughing. :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:59 pm

& keep your money in your pocket for your family too

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:00 pm

croesybluebird wrote:& keep your money in your pocket for your family too

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I agree TNT , totally about Trusts, But that figure is just the start, that wont get you the Club its self.

Your correct Annis, thats just the requirement for the lease, which tends to lead that Admin are clearly quite happy to kill the Football Club as such.

It does sound quite clearly that they are prepared simply prepared to offload a lease and call it a day to whoever stumps up the finance be it football/non football. Looking at the plan of site there is a lot of square footage there for non football use.

Admin though , especially the " bad apples" are a law to themselves and quite often step out of regulation. At the same time " milking fees" highly as they go long.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:45 pm

TNT wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I agree TNT , totally about Trusts, But that figure is just the start, that wont get you the Club its self.

Your correct Annis, thats just the requirement for the lease, which tends to lead that Admin are clearly quite happy to kill the Football Club as such.

It does sound quite clearly that they are prepared simply prepared to offload a lease and call it a day to whoever stumps up the finance be it football/non football. Looking at the plan of site there is a lot of square footage there for non football use.

Admin though , especially the " bad apples" are a law to themselves and quite often step out of regulation. At the same time " milking fees" highly as they go long.

You football Chairman, keep updated on virtually everything that is going on from the small to the Big Clubs.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:56 pm

in a way im glad annis, i think it would go down a bad route for you, plus you got 3 kids and thier future which is more important, financially and being a Dad !!

have you thought about buying "strikers" and doing it up? or somthing invlved, that way you make abit of cash and still go to watch myrther and be at the ground etc?

or you can join forces with me, build a replica Ninian Park and start our own team, Cardiff THE City or Ninian Park f.c , i could be the first transfer as goalkeeper, only cost 2k lol

that would be good fun!

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 am

Ben wrote:in a way im glad annis, i think it would go down a bad route for you, plus you got 3 kids and thier future which is more important, financially and being a Dad !!

have you thought about buying "strikers" and doing it up? or somthing invlved, that way you make abit of cash and still go to watch myrther and be at the ground etc?

or you can join forces with me, build a replica Ninian Park and start our own team, Cardiff THE City or Ninian Park f.c , i could be the first transfer as goalkeeper, only cost 2k lol

that would be good fun!

Ha ha I will just stay Supporting Cardiff City for now Ben :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am

TNT wrote:Annis, the key is to get control and dont let others dictate. Trusts are useful as long as they dont want ownership or say within. A trust should be a Supporters group to assist someone and unite who has enough substance in both financial terms and knowledge to lead a business.

£30,000 is the reported figure the Admin is seeking for the lease of the land/offices of Merthyr, hope this helps you in your quest and of course if you require any further assistance feel free to ask.

TNT, The £30,000 has been offered by My Consortium, which includes Adam Brown and the Administrator turned it down flat, yet in my opinion for a Bankrupt Club we should be paying No More than a £1 for the Club. Rem thats just for the lease, we still wouldnt actually own the Club.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:16 am

Owning a football club does seem more like a money pit than an investment. It would still be good to see you take over the club because they've not had a secure stage of stability in years but obviously it's a difficult process. I think those who are saying your heart wouldn't be 100% in it are a bit off the mark. I know your love is CCFC but you seem like a passionate and determined individual where when you get your claws into something you give it everything.

You can only do what is best for you and your family in life though and if the bid isn't right for you then you can't do it. I have heard plenty of stories about how awkward and power obsessed the MTFC Trust are. It would only be worth getting involved with that club on your terms. The MTFC Trust do not work in the best interests of the club and like BlueCheg said if they can't have control they don't want anyone to have control.