Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated ' Cardiff fans see Red & demand their money back '

Tue May 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Tuesday 20th May 2014.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :thumbup:

' Cardiff City fans see Red & demand their money back '

7 Cardiff City fans have been asking for months via email and phone calls to the club what colour seats their seats will be in the new Ninian Stand, for months the club has refused to tell them, they found out via Director Steve Borley on twitter last week who announced they were red and argued with fellow City fans as he did not see their problem.

These City fans who are all staunch Bluebirds and have been following City for 30 plus years are for the return to the blue,but have put up with the rebrand so far in the hope that owner Vincent Tan might eventually see sense and turn the club back to its traditional colours of blue, which Cardiff City have been for 100 years. Cardiff City fan Conrad James Pheasant said " we have been asking the club for months to let us know,but to no avail,then we find out via twitter. "

The 7 fans have now all demanded their season ticket money back and have vowed not to return to the ground until City are returned to their right full colour of blue.

At this moment in time, the club have not agreed to a refund.Many more Cardiff City have also said they intend to do the same.
City had 22,500 season ticket holders last season, for next season they have currently sold only 14,000 and with the capacity expected to be around 33,500, the ground will look quite bare.

The club said they will be inviting all 900 season ticket holders of the new upper Ninian Stand(5,300 capacity) to have a look around once completed in July.

' UPDATED ' :thumbup:

:bluescarf: Media Wales :bluescarf:

17:39 Tuesday 20th May 2014.

Seven fans are demanding refunds from Cardiff City after learning the new Ninian Stand will have mostly red seats

Cardiff City fan Conrad Pheasant

A Cardiff City season ticket holder is demanding a refund for him and six of fellow supporters after it was revealed most seats in the club’s new stand are red.

Lifelong supporter Conrad Pheasant said he fired off a succession of emails asking about the colour of the seats in the new Ninian Stand but only found out when City director Steve Borley revealed they were to be red on Twitter.

“I feel saddened, disappointed, let down and cheated by Vincent Tan and the club that I have supported all my life,” the 45-year-old said.

“It took three emails from myself before (Cardiff City sales and marketing manager) Tom Gorringe replied on behalf of the club and then he tried fobbing me off by offering me a tour of the stand when it was complete.”

Most of the existing seats at the stadium are blue and many fans are furious that most of the the 6,000 new seats will be red after owner Vincent Tan “specified” he wanted that colour.

Dad-of-two Pheasant, who lives in Llanwern, near Newport, wants a refund and for his six fellow Bluebirds supporters.

“Since discovering the seats were to be red I have e-mailed the club after requesting season ticket refunds for myself and six others but I have been completely ignored,” he said.

“It has been handled disgracefully, incompetently and very unprofessionally,” he added. “It is certainly not the way to treat customers by being dishonest with them.

“Vincent Tan can only lose by the latest shambolic exercise. One day he suggests a compromise and then the following day a director announces the red rebrand for the Ninian Stand on social media.

“I hear season tickets sales are already 10,000 down from last season and a lot of fans will request a refund on their tickets because of this. Tan has already burdened the club with an unbearable amount of debt and pushing further debt on the club to satisfy his ego. The club my not survive due to his irresponsible spending.”

Despite Cardiff bombing out of the top flight, work is well under way to add another tier of seats to the Ninian Stand. The development will take the capacity of the venue from 27,000 to 33,000 in time for the hosting of the European Super Cup in August.

That is, however of little consequence to Pheasant, who attended his first Cardiff match 34 years ago – a pre-season friendly against then reigning European Cup holders Nottingham Forest in 1979.

“I dreamt about my club playing in the top flight of English football all my life. I have been to more than 1,000 matches, 70 different grounds watching the club including wet cold winter Tuesday evenings in such places of Darlington, Halifax and Rochdale and have travelled in Europe when they reached the European Cup Winners Cup in 1988 but I’ve been left completely flat and demoralised.

“It is now unbearable for me to watch my beloved Bluebirds and no longer want to be part of the circus. As Tan is not departing then I have to.”

A spokesperson for Cardiff City FC said it would be shortly unveiling images for the new stand design and would speak to supporters then.

Re: ' Cardiff City fans see Red & demand their money back '

Tue May 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Lol

Tue May 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Weve been saying on here for months the news seats would be the despicable Red, but got shot down by Tans followers for shit stirring etc :roll:

The club should of been honest to the City fans from the minute they sold them the seats. :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 20, 2014 2:27 pm

my seat is a white one..

maybe i should ask for a refund too :old:

Tue May 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Simple just buy a blue seat cover like me my dad and brother are. :bluescarf:

Tue May 20, 2014 2:31 pm

From Facebook

Lee Beames Did anybody really ever think the seats would be any other colour than red ?
5 mins · Like

Vince Alm Told us a year ago seats were going to be red seemed to go unnoticed then as we had just been promoted to the premier league!
3 mins · Like

Glenn Villis I will laugh when people sit there are sing "we'll always be blue" bonkers
1 min · Like

Lee Beames People live in a dream to think he will ever change his ways . He will go full ahead with rebrand ' even the new stand is grey and red outside ' is that not a clue
37 secs · Like

Gareth McCarthy So the 7 fans were fine to watch the team play in red but not sit on a red seat. WOW

Peter Edwards Its their choice not to attend, for me, i hate the red, and would rather attend matches decked out in Blue,one thing he can,t dictate is what WE wear .
35 mins · Edited · Like · 3

Mark Young No one go in the the New stand and sit on the red seats, that would be another good protest, and surely piss Tan off, there's gonna be enough room elsewhere in the Ground.
10 mins · Like · 1

Lee Beames Everyone had a choice from day one ' I chose to watch the club I love' many of my friends chose to walk away and I respect there choice' tan could and may one day put 33'000 red seats in the ground but if we fill the place and all where blue know one will ever see a red seat while the games on' keep wearing blue and cheer the players and sing real football songs and tan will feel the stress. Tan is slowly getting worn down. . Blue on 19.27 is great and must be kept going but the rest of the game we need to get back to supporting the team..

Tue May 20, 2014 2:32 pm

So the club change the shirt from blue to red,no problem they keep renewing their season ticket but god forbid the club dare to put red seats in :lol:
We really have got some sad fans at city

Tue May 20, 2014 2:33 pm

The club must love the way all are pulling in the same direction, all for one and one for all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 20, 2014 2:49 pm

There`s no point in boycotting- never more so than when you`ve parted with your money!
A similar stay away move in Italy hasn`t budged the owner at Lazio but he`s been there for years. Only dialogue will.... yep same old solution- just make him feel as unwelcome as possible

I`d keep the seat cover trick under wraps for now - no doubt VT will already be taking measures to have them prohibited.

Tue May 20, 2014 2:58 pm

They can't stop people taking blue carrier bags in and using them as covers! One for the back and one for the seat, sorted.

Tue May 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Weve been saying on here for months the news seats would be the despicable Red, but got shot down by Tans followers for shit stirring etc :roll:

The club should of been honest to the City fans from the minute they sold them the seats. :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Can you prove this "Got Shot down by Tans Followers for shit stirring" ?

Cause I don't remember seeing that..

Also if your a season ticket holder,and Tan owns the club, does that not make you a follower by default?

Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Who knows, the man is obsessed I wouldn`t put it past him

Tue May 20, 2014 3:21 pm

phildavies wrote:Simple just buy a blue seat cover like me my dad and brother are. :bluescarf:

What the hell is the point of doing that? just wear blue and sit on the bleeding thing unless you intend to put the cover on an empty seat near you, there will be a few to choose from. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 20, 2014 3:43 pm

phildavies wrote:Simple just buy a blue seat cover like me my dad and brother are. :bluescarf:

If people are sitting in them will it really matter? you'll cover them up then so all the more reason to buy them and move up there???

Tue May 20, 2014 3:52 pm

AJ1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Weve been saying on here for months the news seats would be the despicable Red, but got shot down by Tans followers for shit stirring etc :roll:

Also if your a season ticket holder,and Tan owns the club, does that not make you a follower by default?

For months Aj, u know certain posters shoot us down for saying stuff and when its proved right, we dont hear a peep from them.

Tue May 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Nothing more than an excuse to get a refund now that we're in the championship. Doubt they would be asking for refunds if we were still in the Premier League

Tue May 20, 2014 4:14 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Nothing more than an excuse to get a refund now that we're in the championship. Doubt they would be asking for refunds if we were still in the Premier League

Joffrey, Cersei, Tywin, Walder Frey, Meryn Trant, The Red Woman, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, Ilyn Pane, The Mountain,

Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

I was going to move from the corner of the canton to the new stand, but when i found out the colour was red decided i rather stay where i am! and if that Tw*t TAN changes anymore off the stadium seats i'll rip the Fcuking things out if its anywhere near me! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: Ban me see if I care!!!!!!

Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Some of these replies are priceless

Tue May 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Does this mean "all the reds" will get a refund for sitting on blue seats to? :shock:

Tue May 20, 2014 4:51 pm

I didn't renew this year and to be honest I feel like I'm going through a divorce!
My solution would be to get some blue plastic seat covers and put them over the seats and all go for a cooffee, tea, beer what ever floats your boat at half time and then the new upper tier will look as it should

BLUE :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Updated ' Cardiff fans see Red & demand their money back

Tue May 20, 2014 5:08 pm

This article is lost on me, why can't they just sit in a section that has blue seats?

Tue May 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

For months Aj, u know certain posters shoot us down for saying stuff and when its proved right, we dont hear a peep from them.

An when you get proven wrong people get called snipers and quickly get banned :lol:

Tue May 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Bluebird86 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

An when you get proven wrong people get called snipers and quickly get banned :lol:

No I hold my hands up, every time as I have been proven wrong on many occasion :thumbright:

Tue May 20, 2014 5:13 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Lol

Championship football isn't that bad lads lets not join the bunch of excuse makers and stick with the team :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

If you don't want a red seat, switch to a blue one, and keep wearing blue :bluescarf:

Tue May 20, 2014 5:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:This article is lost on me, why can't they just sit in a section that has blue seats?

Because we didn't stay up .......

Tue May 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:This article is lost on me, why can't they just sit in a section that has blue seats?

Because we didn't stay up .......

That's pretty much how I read it as well.

Tue May 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Lol

Championship football isn't that bad lads lets not join the bunch of excuse makers and stick with the team :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

If you don't want a red seat, switch to a blue one, and keep wearing blue :bluescarf:

I will be there next season and again if we got relegated again and again, but I will 100% stop going if Tan changed our name.
I believe also by the fans who want the Blue back, in us all still going,wearing BLUE, we are keeping the BLUE well and truly alive :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird86 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

No I hold my hands up, every time as I have been proven wrong on many occasion :thumbright:

cough ;-)

Tue May 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird86 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:

cough ;-)

Hmm ;)