Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking News ......

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:21 am

According to an Arsenal mate Matthews may be coming to them in a £3 Million deal (rising to £5 Million) in the new year.

I guess we will have to wait and see. One thing is for sure - we need cash.

Re: Breaking News ......

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 am

Joff wrote:According to an Arsenal mate Matthews may be coming to them in a £3 Million deal (rising to £5 Million) in the new year.

Why do we need cash? - Investment coming in, Arsenal a big step down for Matthews now.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:25 am

I wouldn't be suprised if this was true. Lets try and get a player out of it on loan as part of the deal or something.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 am

Investment? What investment? Can't really see the Malaysians following up their interest in the club - due dilligence = too much coming out of the woodwork - HMRC etc

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:29 am

The thing is , most of the players we have sold on to bigger clubs actually command larger fee's than what they were originally sold for.... so its a low risk purchase for Arsenal.

Collins, Jerome, and Ramsey for example.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Joff wrote:According to an Arsenal mate Matthews may be coming to them in a £3 Million deal (rising to £5 Million) in the new year.

Why do we need cash? - Investment coming in, Arsenal a big step down for Matthews now.

Areyou being serious..? :?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:52 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:

Honestly not being funny but - is any of your post serious, or is it mostly tongue-in-cheek?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

Honestly not being funny but - is any of your post serious, or is it mostly tongue-in-cheek?

Joff, there is a lot of truth in that mate.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:59 pm

it is obvious that a top 4 team would come in for him, the lad is quality just like ramsey
no surprise at all that he will be leaving