Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Director set to quit

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Steve borley is standing down by the end of this season, he is not happy with what is going on behinds the scenes or the way Cardiff city is run. as soon as they pay the £1.4 mill owed to him he will step down.
an exclusive from ninian 72 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Director set to quit

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:25 pm

It's sad that a local man is leaving our club. Every club needs local representation withib the board of directors to make sure that the club still have the supporters at heart. Sad, sad news if this is true

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Does that mean he's not happy with the proposed takeover?

If so any idea why he's not happy with it?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:35 pm

RobP wrote:Does that mean he's not happy with the proposed takeover?

I had heard exactly the same, Steve is very happy about the proposed take over, its nothing to do with that. At the moment that take over is on standstill .

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I had heard exactly the same, Steve is very happy about the proposed take over, its nothing to do with that. At the moment that take over is on standstill .

A scheduled standstill (for due dilligence etc) or has it hit a snag?

If this doesn't go through we really are in the shit aren't we?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:44 pm

RobP wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A scheduled standstill (for due dilligence etc) or has it hit a snag? :?

If this doesn't go through we really are in the shit aren't we?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:05 pm

I guess what I meant was, has the takeover hit an unexpected problem?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:22 pm

RobP wrote:I guess what I meant was, has the takeover hit an unexpected problem?

They want a lot more Questions answered, due to not everything being told to them before and we wont have any accounts for this new stadium prob out for another 8 Months, Since 62, can answer that, so they want see all current outstanding bills etc etc.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Is there a plan B Annis?

Hope so.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:27 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Is there a plan B Annis?

Hope so.

At the moment No, but PR would spin us one :lol:

Lets look on the bright side we are all signed up for next season already :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RobP wrote:I guess what I meant was, has the takeover hit an unexpected problem?

They want a lot more Questions answered, due to not everything being told to them before and we wont have any accounts for this new stadium prob out for another 8 Months, Since 62, can answer that, so they want see all current outstanding bills etc etc.

Cheers Annis,

Here we go again, all part of being a Cardiff fan I suppose. Should be used to it by now.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm

RobP wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Annis,

Here we go again, all part of being a Cardiff fan I suppose. Should be used to it by now.

:lol:

THE ROLLER COASTER RIDE :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Is Michael Isaac still on the board or does he have any involvement with the club apart from chasing them for his money he is owed ?

Cant remember from the meeting the total of Borley and Isaac loan and if there were being repaid or not ?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Annis,

Will the 6th January date that you have spoken about so often have any significance now ?
Whats your gut feeling, will this Malaysian takeover actually happen ?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:34 pm

mrbluejay wrote:Annis,

Will the 6th January date that you have spoken about so often have any significance now ?

Seems this "Due Diligence" could go on forever.

My personal feeling is that it will go TITS UP. perhaps thats just a trait of being a City fan though? :banghead:

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 pm

PR has sorted the Inland Revenue out for now. so we are are safe there, My gut feeling is the Malaysians are still Very interested but are not willing to pay about 40p a Share like PR wants.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

PR has sorted the Inland Revenue out for now. so we are are safe there, My gut feeling is the Malaysians are still Very interested but are not willing to pay about 40p a Share like PR wants.

Annis, I doubt that there's anyone else at this moment in time wanting to invest? So I suppose that the Malaysians have PR in the same position as he had Sam. (I.E. this is our offer, like it or lump it!) Do you think that will happen?
Anywho, lets hope it happens fast for the sake of the club eh?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I doubt that there's anyone else at this moment in time wanting to invest? So I suppose that the Malaysians have PR in the same position as he had Sam. (I.E. this is our offer, like it or lump it!) Do you think that will happen?
Anywho, lets hope it happens fast for the sake of the club eh?

Thats what I think the Malaysians believe, I honestly believe we also have another party interested.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:56 pm

PR has sorted the Inland Revenue out for now. so we are are safe there, My gut feeling is the Malaysians are still Very interested but are not willing to pay about 40p a Share like PR wants.[/quote]

Anywho, lets hope it happens fast for the sake of the club eh?[/quote]

Thats what I think the Malaysians believe, I honestly believe we also have another party interested.[/quote]

Great stuff, bring it on! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:46 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: thank you steve borley!!!! he will always stand by this club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:13 pm

If the Take over goes tits up - and we get promoted to the Prem. still? and rake in £40m promotion rewards......

Is this a risk the malaysians are willing to take? Seems a pretty big gamble to me. To just walk away.
Somethings got to be happening?