Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gutted but we were second best.

Sat May 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Blackpool's 3 man midfield and Bothroyd going off cost us. We did well to score 2. Chopra looked awesome but no good with Etuhu up top playing so badly. I would have preferred Eddie to be honest. We were out numbered in midfield and out played there as we have most of the year when coming up against 3 in the middle. Needed a more effective back up for Jay. We have been lucky all season that he has missed so little football.

Oh well.

Good luck to Blackpool.

Keep the faith!

Re: Gutted but we were second best.

Sat May 22, 2010 7:07 pm

We were 2nd best in many ways but we could easily have won-woodwork hit twice plus i thought their free kick was not a free kick. Thought the pitch was poor as were the officals (for both teams).

What hurts most though is that Blackpool were more up for it than us.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:13 pm

there was a lot of passion in the blackpool team, i am not saying we was not trying it was too much for us

Sat May 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:We were 2nd best in many ways but we could easily have won-woodwork hit twice plus i thought their free kick was not a free kick. Thought the pitch was poor as were the officals (for both teams).

your last line sums up the day :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 7:02 am

krab wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:We were 2nd best in many ways but we could easily have won-woodwork hit twice plus i thought their free kick was not a free kick. Thought the pitch was poor as were the officals (for both teams).

your last line sums up the day :ayatollah:

Pisses me off the more i think about it. Had our defence put their bollox on the line the 2nd goal would not have been scored