Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who Will Stay... Who Will Go?

Sun May 23, 2010 9:53 am

I'd love to see everyone stay but to be honest I think the wolves will pounce now (perhaps literally!). I can see Ledley, Chopra, Bothroyd and maybe even Whittingham going. To be honest I think we should cash in on Whittingham. I appreciate all that he's done but if he's going to bottle the big game occasion he might be worth the money we could get for him. I reckon he could command a fee of £4m right now, maybe higher.

Ledley deserves the chance to play in the top flight. He's had his chance to go in the past and stayed. So now we should let him go. Bothroyd and Chopra are two of the best strikers in this division. I really hope Chopra stays because I don't feel a Premiership move would benefit him right now but Bothroyd is a goner.

Any others?

Re: Who Will Stay... Who Will Go?

Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 am

It was reported a while back that Ipswich were looking at Chopra, & it's going to be difficult to hold on to him now, plus his reported high wages, the club could kill two birds with one stone. As for the others, i think your right. Im more interested to see who our manager is next season, after all, DJ & PR have had a cushy relationship for the last four years. Could DJ work under a different regime or culture??? Interesting times ahead i think.

Re: Who Will Stay... Who Will Go?

Sun May 23, 2010 10:10 am

He won't leave for another Championship club. I can even see him going abroad to be honest. I hope he stays though. Even though he's been inconsistent his work rate and commitment has been second to none and he's won me over for a second time.