Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Meetings taking place at CCS

Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 am

There is a meeting with DJ and the players right now and the players who are being released will find out this morning.

Then at 12pm there is a meeting between DJ and The Malaysians to discuss DJ's future, as to whether he stays or not, if he does stay they will discuss cut backs in the squad and also DJ's contract and wages.

I dont think he will be handing them a list of players names today.

Re: Meetings taking place at CCS

Mon May 24, 2010 9:27 am

I'm going down the club shop before I head home - I'll go in and settle a few things with everone and let you know what agreements I can come to with TG and DJ :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 9:29 am

PtB wrote:I'm going down the club shop before I head home - I'll go in and settle a few things with everone and let you know what agreements I can come to with TG and DJ :lol:

Top man, i would like the role of cheerleader interveiwer/chaperone :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 9:29 am

carlccfc wrote:There is a meeting with DJ and the players right now and the players who are being released will find out this morning.

Then at 12pm there is a meeting between DJ and The Malaysians to discuss DJ's future, as to whether he stays or not, if he does stay they will discuss cut backs in the squad and also DJ's contract and wages.

Carl I expect you to be giving us updates EVERY SINGLE DAY through out the summer...OK?

Thanks! :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 am

well will he stay if he has to take a pay cut? depends how badly it hurt him in failing to get into the Premier League and if he's been offered a job elsewhere I suppose.

Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

jamccfc wrote:
PtB wrote:I'm going down the club shop before I head home - I'll go in and settle a few things with everone and let you know what agreements I can come to with TG and DJ :lol:

Only if you wear a corset and heels..... :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 9:37 am

PtB wrote:
jamccfc wrote:

Only if you wear a corset and heels..... :lol:

f**k me you,ve seen me on the weekends. :evil:

Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 am

Is it harsh of me to hope Jones will be asked to take a pay cut, kick off with the Malaysians and go?

Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am

i think he'll accept it and stay to be honest, unless of course a prem team came in for him

he likes it down in wales apprently, likes his privacy in the vale with his horses etc

Mon May 24, 2010 10:08 am

dave jones is shitting himself today, we all know they want to cut his pay, but he doesnt even know if the malaysians want him to stay.......lets hope not !!

Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 am

I think DJ will take a paycut. TG and co will keep him on for another year at least.

Some of the players will be asked to rengotiate deals or sold on.

The picture seems bleak at the moment, but when is it anything else at CCFC, massive week ahead I think.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 am

DJ's meeting with The Malaysians is now at 3pm.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 am

I hope DJ stays for ONE more year.
We have improved every year under DJ you have got to give the man credit as he couldnt bring a single playier in January. Yes he has made mistakes (tiawo, etuhu, hudson) but he has also brough in some really good players for practicly nothing.

If we dont go up this year i think he should go. Lets just remember how good of a job he has done here with Practicly nothing.

DJ STAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 10:52 am

carlccfc wrote:There is a meeting with DJ and the players right now and the players who are being released will find out this morning.

surely thats arse backwards? why would Jones release players, if he isnt certain hes staying yet?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 am

Jones is staying. He's said it, the Malaysians have guaranteed his job. I think it's the right thing to do. The meeting after the players are released it probably just a formality and one to polish off final details. I have no doubt the Malaysians and Dave Jones have had in depth conversations about his future already.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:57 am

The Malaysians will be Tan and Chan yes? I just hope that Jones takes a pay cut and is backed with some sort of backing to smoothen the blow of expected departures.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Zabier wrote:Jones is staying. He's said it, the Malaysians have guaranteed his job. I think it's the right thing to do. The meeting after the players are released it probably just a formality and one to polish off final details. I have no doubt the Malaysians and Dave Jones have had in depth conversations about his future already.

Those talks might have included DJ taking a pay cut but in return he has been promised a massive bonus should we get promoted next season.

May be that will instill some passion and motivation into the dead beat wanker.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Zabier wrote:Jones is staying. He's said it, the Malaysians have guaranteed his job. I think it's the right thing to do. The meeting after the players are released it probably just a formality and one to polish off final details. I have no doubt the Malaysians and Dave Jones have had in depth conversations about his future already.

Those talks might have included DJ taking a pay cut but in return he has been promised a massive bonus should we get promoted next season.

May be that will instill some passion and motivation into the dead beat wanker.

I am preparing myself for the worse and expecting to hear DJ is staying. I'm not bothered if its with a pay reduction or a promise of investment for new players I just think the stubborn git lost the plot. We all say he has made mistakes but what alot of people are not realising are that these mistakes have been this year. His signing of Hudson, Quinn, Taiwo and Wtuhu have been a disaster. He has now fallen out with Gyppes who last season looked so promising. Now he has fallen out with Bothroyd our main star quality and I hear he has told Gerrard to get on his bike. I mean Gerrard is our future to build around and the daft wanker is telling him to do one.

New investment will be wasted if we have DJ in charge.

Mon May 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Is Vincent Tan still here and involved in the talks or is it just TG?

Mon May 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Surely they're doing things backwards?
DJs future should be decided first, then the players.

Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Any news on the meeting Carl ?

Mon May 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Yeah anything coming out?