Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was Saturday our last chance at the Premier League?

Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 am

Well, at least for a while I think it is.

The Malaysians will want to obviously cut the incredible costs of our costs. Inevitably, our £1m wage will want do be lowered by our Asian director, TG, therefore 3-4 players leaving will be a necessity if we are to become a stable club next season.

To all the quite extremely optimistic of our fans, as much as your attitude is welcomed it is, unfortunately, quite realistic - not impossible - but we have to remain realistic as a mid-table finish would be a very good outcome for us next season.

So, what I'm asking you guys is: What position in the league table do you think we'll be in come May 2011?

Re: Was Saturday our last chance at the Premier League?

Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 am

I really fear for what is to come. These Malays are no fools when it comes to the bottom line. I can see Bothroyd, chopra, whittingham, Matthews and Ledley making way for some bargain basements.

The shit to be got rid of has been well documented but would add Hudson to that list!!!! :evil:

Ceri

Mon May 24, 2010 9:39 am

I suppose it will depend on the outcomes of these meetings.

If we can keep the heart of the squad togethere and get a few good bargains in then we can challenege again. The teams coming down don't overly frighten me although I expect a challenge from Leeds, Palace, Sheff Utd among others.

I suspect Matthews has gone,and that's why he hasn't featured(fear of injury scuppering an already agreed deal?)
One or two others will go. I've also heard that Gavin Rae has another 3 years, from someone based up my way.

Time will tell, let's wait and see what TG, DJ etc come out withfrst. :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 12:12 pm

PtB wrote:I suppose it will depend on the outcomes of these meetings.

If we can keep the heart of the squad togethere and get a few good bargains in then we can challenege again. The teams coming down don't overly frighten me although I expect a challenge from Leeds, Palace, Sheff Utd among others.

I suspect Matthews has gone,and that's why he hasn't featured(fear of injury scuppering an already agreed deal?)
One or two others will go. I've also heard that Gavin Rae has another 3 years, from someone based up my way.

Time will tell, let's wait and see what TG, DJ etc come out withfrst. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Just think of Blackpool who have gone up despite crowds of 8,000 and one of the lowest wage bills in the Championship.

IMO a successful club begins from top to bottom.

We have now made a good start ridding ourselves of PR and installing prudent new owners. Promotion on meger resources can be done if the planning is right and everyone pulls in the same direction.

However, for that to happen we have to ditch Dave Jones.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Fingers and toes crossed this summer, we can but hope what else do us ccfc fans do we'll be here wether were top middle or bottom the league and always hoping :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm

I think we will be there or near the play offs next season, The Championship will not be a strong as the season just gone

Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Cf39 wrote:I think we will be there or near the play offs next season, The Championship will not be a strong as the season just gone

I agree!

the teams going up are stronger than those coming down.
Leeds will be a tough game, but will they be able to hang on to Beckford? and if they did, will he cut it in the championship?

COME ON LADS - BE POSITIVE!
We're Cardiff City and as fans - we fight to the death, Im not giving up, nor should you. We'll sing the place down, and get us up the stress-free method = Automatic Promotion! :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Where is Blazing Saddles when you need him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 6:45 pm

this was our year :(

Mon May 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Blackpool did it on a tight budget.

I'm sure we will prevail :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 7:33 pm

depending on the outcome of tonights meetings and the next few weeks of the transfere market.
i think we could be looking at a 2 or 3 year plan 8-)