Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Players Released are

Mon May 24, 2010 1:37 pm

ellis3210 wrote:we could of done with gabour as a back up next year.. but im glad kennady is staying for another season hes been playing very well the last few games

Nah, we have Quinn as back up! Don't forget about him. Looked awesome at centre back!

Mon May 24, 2010 2:05 pm

So Hudson is staying.... FFS

Mon May 24, 2010 2:48 pm

taiwo....£250,000 down the drain
what a waste of money
:x

Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm

WTFF's dave jones doing ? Best manager around, but WHY release gyepes but not Hudson ? If they can afford to pay off Gyepes, then surely they should've paid off the donkey of a centre half instead. Good news on Etuhu leaving though, thought Magennis and Taiwo had some potential though ?

Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm

He's releasing him because Gyepes is nearing the end of his contract and wouldn't command any sizeable transfer fee where as Hudson can still get a fee... that is if Jones sticks with him, which unfortunately he might. Personally, I don't know how. I wanted Hudson to succeed but I felt he let a lot of us who had backed him down on the weekend and because of that I can't defend him any more.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Is there any chance we could do a poll on here.......SHOULD HUDSON GO? because i would vote over and over again for him to go, thought he was utter shite on sat, i would have defo played Gerrard over him 100%.
I cant believe he just watched that goal go in.....or was he just looking on the floor? waste of money he is :x

Mon May 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Hudson has probably got a stupid, long & expensive contract, the likes of which only PR could dish out. Too expensive to terminate me thinks!

Mon May 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Midfield general wrote:I agree with all these to be shown the door and very surprised others haven't. Kennedy, Hudson, Rae, MacPhil and Enks should have also been shown the door.

McPhail!!!!! get a grip mun. :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Midfield general wrote:I agree with all these to be shown the door and very surprised others haven't. Kennedy, Hudson, Rae, MacPhil and Enks should have also been shown the door.

To be fair, I agree with Rae but I think he gets away with it because he's too nice! Plus he manipulates the 'Makelele' role by doing nothing but tricking the odd person into thinking he does do something.

McPhail has been awesome this year and he didn't play terribly on Saturday, just not as well as he could have. Kennedy has been awesome in the playoff games and deserves one more year, albeit as a back up. Hudson, as others have said, expensive contract most likely. Encks... how many second choice keepers are quality??? :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Neither can Paul Scholes! We need to hold onto McPhail and use Ledley's departure as a chance to draft in a brutal central midfielder I reckon. I would love to sign Nicky Bailey. He would go in a treat.

Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 pm

commingues?

Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 pm

chippy909 wrote:commingues?

Exactly! What has happened to him and why is he still here? Arguably the worst of the lot!

Mon May 24, 2010 4:36 pm

I would have Gypes over Hudson anyday! Surprised at that, must be more to it! He will be a good signing for a championship club! Though Rae could well of been on the way out also.

Good luck to the rest that was expected!

Mon May 24, 2010 4:44 pm

I forgot about Commingues! How is he still at the club??????

Mon May 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Feeney, Taiwo and Gyepes cost the club money in transfer fees and were bought while the club was in the Championship. What does that say about DJ's skills in the transfer market?