Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ has had a bust up

Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 am

with Jay Bothroyd.

In front of many witness' DJ put the blame of the defeat onto jay Bothroyd and told him he will never play for him again. Not very good man management again by DJ.

Surely tactics come into play for the defeat not one single player.

Re: DJ has had a bust up

Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 am

carlccfc wrote:with Jay Bothroyd.

In front of many witness' DJ put the blame of the defeat onto jay Bothroyd and told him he will never play for him again. Not very good man management again by DJ.

Surely tactics come into play for the defeat not one single player.

never liked him, never will, time to go jonesy!

Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am

I know you have very good sources Carl, but there must be a little more to it than just that.

However, if Jay declared himself fit then he does have to shoulder some of the blame. Most others would have brought Ross on though, or if it had to be Etuhu, I would have put Whitts or Bure up top with Chops.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am

I'd get rid of Dave Jones before getting rid of our best player.

Time to go, Jonesy.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 am

Ross Young wrote:I'd get rid of Dave Jones before getting rid of our best player.

Time to go, Jonesy.

I agree. What does Jones think he's playing at? Has he said anything to Hudson about his failings as both player and captain on Saturday?

The man has no idea of how to deal with players at all.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am

shocking at having a go at jonesy,,,if we,d have won everyone on here would,ve said he was a legend....whatever happended with jay who knows...i was pissed off with jay on saturday he was injured before the game and chose to play ,fair enough if he knew he could get a half out but 15 mins odd was a joke ,not fair on his teammates or us fans...in games like that you can t carry players,if he was honest maybe jones could,ve played ross with chops and changed our game throwing the plans for blackpool but i also heard off a mate that jay was injured and on treatment table on tuesday and was told he wouldnt be fit....as for him and dj arguing well maybe thats why hes always gone from club to club with his attitude......im not blaming him hes done well and dj,s made mistakes ...but jay could be so much better how many times this year did he fall to his feet,he wont hang around soon as a team sniffs for him he,ll be gone we,ll soon see if his "im a cardiff boy now" statement is true.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:37 am

why's he falling out with players for having opnions then never letting them play again? he throws his toys out of the pram

guy needs to grow up! if thats 100% spot on and jay never plays again! i wont go down untill that old stubborn fool is gone!

i like him as a manager and respect what he's done with the rescources etc and the bargain buys etc, BUT HIS f*cking ATTITUDE STINKS!!!

Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 am

d20 wrote:shocking at having a go at jonesy,,,if we,d have won everyone on here would,ve said he was a legend....whatever happended with jay who knows...i was pissed off with jay on saturday he was injured before the game and chose to play ,fair enough if he knew he could get a half out but 15 mins odd was a joke ,not fair on his teammates or us fans...in games like that you can t carry players,if he was honest maybe jones could,ve played ross with chops and changed our game throwing the plans for blackpool but i also heard off a mate that jay was injured and on treatment table on tuesday and was told he wouldnt be fit....as for him and dj arguing well maybe thats why hes always gone from club to club with his attitude......im not blaming him hes done well and dj,s made mistakes ...but jay could be so much better how many times this year did he fall to his feet,he wont hang around soon as a team sniffs for him he,ll be gone we,ll soon see if his "im a cardiff boy now" statement is true.

Right, so if Jay had treatment was told he wouldn't be fit, do you honestly believe DJ would take the players word over his own medical staff? Seriously?

Almost certainly your point is the reverse - Jay injured, club tried to "force" him through the game.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:46 am

I would hate to see Jay go without him we would be garbage!

Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 am

i think he will go if a team comes in for him, but what annoys me more is if ANY player thinks hes bigger than the club...jay KNEW he was injured and would,nt last long so should he not be honest to his teammates and say ill only last 10 mins...IN THE BIGGEST GAME IN OUR HISTORY....players today think of themselves and jay wanted to play so hes gonna tell the staff he could get through some of the game it happens in pro sports,i just wish he could,ve lasted longer ,it was obviously to bad really for him to start....i aint defending anyof them ...there both wrong ,im still pissed off from saturday.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:50 am

And again, YOU are blaming Bothroyd.

Given Jones has previously intimated he fakes injury, why do yiou automatically blame Bothroyd and not consider the club knew full well the injury, DJ decided to risk him anyway?

Mon May 24, 2010 10:52 am

Hang fire!!!

i might be getting this wrong but DJ knew Jay was injured well before the game, so why play him? why send him out there??

if you had a car and there was somthing wrong with it, you found out somthing wern't right with it a hour before a big holiday journey with your family , would you take that car?

Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 am

i aint there all to blame but i am saying players will want to play so will say they can get through some of the game ,medical staff will always ask the player ...we also know burkey aint right and has played ....if u were a bit injured and they asked you theres no way you would,ve wanted to miss that game,everyone would do the same thing.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:57 am

It seems a bit random this argument and I'm not going to make an opinion until I know more about it. I'd like to see the transcript. It's well known Jay can be a tosser at times but it's also known DJ doesn't put up with any slacking.

Jay's going anyway so it's going to be irrelevant come August. I love Jay but he's so frustrating and I think we could do better with someone who actually commits for 90 minutes rather than 60 minutes and then sits down looking into space for the other 20 minutes. The other 10 minutes account for pointless dives.
Last edited by Zabier on Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 am

agree zabier.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 am

d20 wrote:i aint there all to blame but i am saying players will want to play so will say they can get through some of the game ,medical staff will always ask the player ...we also know burkey aint right and has played ....if u were a bit injured and they asked you theres no way you would,ve wanted to miss that game,everyone would do the same thing.

Of course players will say they want to play.

Medical staff don't diagnose solely based upon a player saying he'll be ok.

There's zero chance DJ did not have the full medical diagnosis.

Given DJ has a track record of having no other plan than "get it to Borhroyd", it's obvious that if there was a doubt about Bothroyd, DJ will ALWAYS have picked him over fitter players.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 am

Well thats finally swung it for me DAVE JONES OUT!!!!!!!!!

Always somebody elses fault now bothroyd is copping it. its your fgault dave you brought crap in during last summer taiwo etuhu granted marshall is his only decent buy, im not going to even comment on hudson biggest waste of money imo.

What a c**t :evil:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 am

How do we know that Jay didn't feign the injury to come off? It's well known when the game gets physical he gets an 'injury' and it was hot as well? I wish I could say I'm not questioning player commitment, but let's face it, we don't have the most committed of players! I don't know what to make of it.

All I know is that the next three months will be tough for everyone at the club and Jones is going to make a bad decision or two. I'll still support him because if we sack him we'll be going back 2-3 years. That's even if the manager we get in is any better!

Mon May 24, 2010 11:09 am

Zabier wrote:How do we know that Jay didn't feign the injury to come off? It's well known when the game gets physical he gets an 'injury' and it was hot as well? I wish I could say I'm not questioning player commitment, but let's face it, we don't have the most committed of players! I don't know what to make of it.

All I know is that the next three months will be tough for everyone at the club and Jones is going to make a bad decision or two. I'll still support him because if we sack him we'll be going back 2-3 years. That's even if the manager we get in is any better!

One of the biggest games in his career? xcant see it myself zab. there was rumour he had a calf strain in the days leading up to wembley so i doubt he was shamming. just imho of course. :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

How isit Jays fault? Surrley it should be jones' as if Jay wasnt fit why pick him?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:
Zabier wrote:How do we know that Jay didn't feign the injury to come off? It's well known when the game gets physical he gets an 'injury' and it was hot as well? I wish I could say I'm not questioning player commitment, but let's face it, we don't have the most committed of players! I don't know what to make of it.

One of the biggest games in his career? xcant see it myself zab. there was rumour he had a calf strain in the days leading up to wembley so i doubt he was shamming. just imho of course. :ayatollah:

Yeah, you're probably right. I was just speculating all the angles. Jay being a temperamental character and Jones being stubborn, it was always going to end in tears! :D

Mon May 24, 2010 11:16 am

Zab, Bothroyd picks up knocks because he has lumps kicked out of him in games. That gets exagerated due to the lack of backup for him, hence having him out on the pitch when not fully fit.

I'd frankly be astonished if he faked injury 5 minutes into a big game....

Mon May 24, 2010 11:20 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:How isit Jays fault? Surrley it should be jones' as if Jay wasnt fit why pick him?

it is not jay fault it comes down to the manager the team selection and game plan but the truth of the
matter is jones does not have any other game plan when jay is not playing and he lets personal issues
cloud his judgements which is wrong

Mon May 24, 2010 11:22 am

Incidentally, carl, are the Malaysians aware of this bust up?

How would they take such unprofessional behaviour?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

Zabier wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. I was just speculating all the angles. Jay being a temperamental character and Jones being stubborn, it was always going to end in tears! :D

Nobody gets along all of the time its part and parcel of life, but you cant let personal issues get in the way of business and losing jay would be a blow to us.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:52 am

if we had been able to bring in cover for jay during the january transfer window as we and jones thought was going to happen then perhaps things would be different
stop blaming each other and looking for scapegoats whilst the real culprit our chairman is getting away with it scot free.
we backed him with his golden ticket scam expecting to see new players in january and he let us and dave jones down.
if jones himself is blaming jay then thats disgusting because im sure in hindsight he would now have played gerrard from the start and used mcormack before etuhu and we might have got by.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 am

But on the other hand if Jay did feign the injury then Jones is right and he should never play for Cardiff again

Mon May 24, 2010 12:05 pm

He might be a good player but he is a bit of a babyAlwas seems to have a problem

Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 pm

steve davies wrote:if we had been able to bring in cover for jay during the january transfer window as we and jones thought was going to happen then perhaps things would be different
stop blaming each other and looking for scapegoats whilst the real culprit our chairman is getting away with it scot free.
we backed him with his golden ticket scam expecting to see new players in january and he let us and dave jones down.
if jones himself is blaming jay then thats disgusting because im sure in hindsight he would now have played gerrard from the start and used mcormack before etuhu and we might have got by.

i agree with part of what you atre saying steve about the chairman but be honest it not the first time jones had made
questionable sub and he is on 800 000 a year to get it right he always blames tom dick and harry instead of holding
his hands up and saying my mistake but it history now and we have to get behind him and the team for next year

Mon May 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm not exactly a Jones supporter but in this instance I'm behind him.