Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Club has received Bids

Mon May 24, 2010 10:48 am

Jay Bothroyd - £1.5million - Birmingham

Peter Whittingham - £2million - West Ham

WBA and Boro have enquired about Michael Chopra.

Re: The Club has received Bids

Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 am

Dont let any of them go i say.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 am

sadly there is going to be a massive clear out, and i could see them all going along with a few more. :twisted:

Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 am

id let whittingham go ! but for atleast 3mil, you never know with him, weather he turnsa up and plays

Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am

Get the car.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 am

I think they will both go, & if DJ has had a bust up with JB then that seals that,,,,, unless DJ goes first!

Mon May 24, 2010 11:00 am

We're in no position to resist offers.

Best we can hope for is that bidding wars will occur - given our financial status, unlikely that would drive prices too high.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 am

I'd say Bothroyd for £2m, Whittingham for £4m and Chopra for £3.5m. For those amounts I'd accept that. We can get better players with more consistency.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:16 am

Id sell both those now but up the asking price for another half mil each , no way that Whitts will score another 20 odd goals again and we know all about Bothroyd . Get 2 quality strikers in from the money ! :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am

I'd doubt we'd get that money.

We've no leverage to demand specific fees, after all.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:23 am

nerd wrote:I'd doubt we'd get that money.

maybe West Ham can offer us Gabbidon as part of the deal ? Gabbs on 1 leg MUST be better than a team full of Hudsons ?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
nerd wrote:I'd doubt we'd get that money.

maybe West Ham can offer us Gabbidon as part of the deal ? Gabbs on 1 leg MUST be better than a team full of Hudsons ?

heh.

Gabbidon back, I'd go for that - but solely if the contract was structured on a low base salary with the bulk on a pay as you play basis to cover the bases.

Equally, he may even get released in summer by West Ham.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:37 am

problem with whiits goin is that where else u goin to get a 25 goal midfielder from, u got look for at least 5 mill for him

Mon May 24, 2010 11:45 am

You can't look for 5m for Whitts.

1) Last year of contract coming up, always drives prices down.
2) 25 goals, including penalties, in a season once. Previous best tally was 9. No guarantee he'd get anywhere near 25 ever again.

And again, we're not in a position where we can demand the fees. What the Malaysians have to do is look at the fees offered - if it's the best they feel they'd get, then take the money, take the benefit of the reduvced wage bill, get a few players in from that fee and get the wages under control.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:56 am

I believe whitts will attract more than one bid we will pob get 3 maybe 3.5 for him as for Jay 1.5 for a player who cost 300k is good business and whilst he will be a loss he can be replaced

I think we should go for Robert Koren, Jason Koumas and Jon Parkin to replace whitts, jay and ledley obvoiusly we would still need another striker as we never had a back up for Boythroyd which has cost us this season but we could do a lot worse than Parkin fighting for that position

Mon May 24, 2010 11:59 am

i dont see where we could get another player as good as jay for 1.5 million

at least 3.5 i reckon, best target man in the championship

Mon May 24, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm not saying that none of this is true.
But COME ON let TG AND VINCENT tAN TAKEOVER FIRST.
dOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE.
i THINK NOT.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:14 pm

I had heard that if we were to stay in championship then the players to go would be ledley, whitts and adam matthews!
Obviously things change with certain bids! I hope we keep marshall, gerrard, mcnaughton, mcphail, burke, ross, jb, and chops! Regardless of jay being how people say he is the best player in this div at what he does!

Mon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

add another 1m onto those bids and I think they will be gone. I dont want Witts to go but dont mind but would be gutted to see Jay go

Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 pm

On sky sports news (online) they interviewed Kennedy and he has replied with " he hopes dj stays and if we want to get to prem league then we need to keep all our players......

Here's the link.....http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 70,00.html

I really hope we can keep the majority of our players, i would like to see Hudson go, as i dont think he did anything on Sat,he was totally useless to us

Mon May 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Please, for the love of god, don't sell Whittingham or Bothroyd. Or Chopra for that matter.

This is said with a dejected tone of course, as we all know they have to go fue to cost cutting...

Mon May 24, 2010 4:02 pm

For christ sake let's not sell any of them...especially Chops

...would be a massive step backwards!

Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

roy keane will make a move for chopra this summer

Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

keep bothroyd, chops and whitts i say if we want to challenge for automatic promotion we've got to keep our best players, and 1.5 million for jay is peanuts he's worth much more than that.

Tue May 25, 2010 1:10 am

hughesygirl wrote:On sky sports news (online) they interviewed Kennedy and he has replied with " he hopes dj stays and if we want to get to prem league then we need to keep all our players......

Here's the link.....http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 70,00.html

I really hope we can keep the majority of our players, i would like to see Hudson go, as i dont think he did anything on Sat,he was totally useless to us

only one reason why kennedy wants DJ to stay.
i like kennedy he had a bad spell at xmas,and i admit i though i could do a better job, but he is a 100% and a calming figure when others seem to lose it.