Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our biggest loss would be ...............

Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Chopra & Ledley!

I will be absolutely GUTTED if either or both leave! they are the engine of the team and work their bollocks off regardless of goals/performances.

Whittingham, Bothroyd, McCormack are the ones we should cash in on - if we can! (although i dont want to see anyone leave, it is inevitable)

Re: Our biggest loss would be ...............

Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Keep McCormack if Chopra goes just in case. If Chopra stays somehow then I agree, let him loose. I like McCormack though and will be gutted if he goes. I think when he's playing week in week out he's a quality player.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Zabier wrote:Keep McCormack if Chopra goes just in case. If Chopra stays somehow then I agree, let him loose. I like McCormack though and will be gutted if he goes. I think when he's playing week in week out he's a quality player.

McCormack's lost the plot this season. He hasn't been the same for a long time. Time to cash in for me - and go all out to keep chopra. He's a fans favourite and he knows it. Im sure he'll want to stay with us. :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 1:59 pm

If Ross had a run of games his quality will show through!

Mon May 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:If Ross had a run of games his quality will show through!

do we have the time, paitience and money (if it comes in for him) to give him another run in the team? or is his time up.... Don't get me wrong, i like Ross, but somethings changed with him. I know he's had a bit of a shit year and stuff off the field, I'd like to keep him, but what i am saying is Do we have the choice? I'd rather keep Chopra.

Mon May 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Merlin wrote:
Zabier wrote:Keep McCormack if Chopra goes just in case. If Chopra stays somehow then I agree, let him loose. I like McCormack though and will be gutted if he goes. I think when he's playing week in week out he's a quality player.

McCormack's lost the plot this season. He hasn't been the same for a long time. Time to cash in for me - and go all out to keep chopra. He's a fans favourite and he knows it. Im sure he'll want to stay with us. :ayatollah:

I think you're absolutely spot on :ayatollah: A number of times on this board people have questioned the players commitment but Chopra put absolutely everything, and more :shock: , into it on Saturday and you only have to look at the photos at the end of the game to see what it meant to him.

Compare that with McCormack who just didn't work hard enough once he came on .............. chalk and cheese :evil: I also think Ross needs to sort his head out e.g. sulked when we wouldn't sell him, mouthed off when DJ took penalties off him, fact that he's often in Cardiff off his skull, straight to the papers when he thinks he should be starting, etc, etc.

To replace Chopra we would have to spend £4m+ and that ain't gonna happen. I'd much rather keep Chopra as our talisman and mould a team around him.

I think we would also struggle to replace Bothroyd like for like but a decent target man with, perhaps, less ball skills would be doable. Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose Jay but rather him than Chops :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 4:47 pm

there are loads of joe ledleys in the championship

you don't see many players with mccormack, whittingham or bothroyd's technical ability though

if anyone goes i'm hoping it's joe

Mon May 24, 2010 4:53 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:there are loads of joe ledleys in the championship

you don't see many players with mccormack, whittingham or bothroyd's technical ability though

if anyone goes i'm hoping it's joe

What ever..... :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 7:19 pm

McCormack has been poor this season - to me, he seems to be carrying a few pounds too many and that has impacted on his performances

I wouldn't want to lose any of our attacking players as I don't think you could get much better in the Championship..........we need to improve at the back to mount a real challenge for automatic next year