Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

jays replacement if he goes

Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

If and when jay goes why dont we try and get jason scotland from wigan,i bet hes not on much more than jay is on ,and he would get a shedfull in the championship im sure, and the best bit it would really piss them jack bastards off

Re: jays replacement if he goes

Mon May 24, 2010 3:19 pm

We had him on trial before he went to Jacks, would have been free then so no way Jones would accept he made a mistake by not signing him!

Getting on a bit now too...

Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm

I think someone of that ilk would be perfect. I wouldn't mind taking one of the Blackpool boys. We need their physicality. Gary Taylor-Fletcher won't cope in the Premiership. I'd even have a punt at Burnley's Jay Rodriguez, he looks great and he doesn't seem to have much of a future there immediately. We just need a battering ram. I don't care if he doesn't hold the ball well or prance around. If he can win balls in the air and we have a quick striker to feed off him he could be bloody Bam Bam Bigelow as far as I'm concerned!

Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm

that leicester city player up front who caused us problems all game

Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Charlie Austin from Swindon.

Big fella, scores goals for fun too.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm

steve howard i wouldnt mind him either but scotland would score more if he teamed up with chops

Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm

I think that's another factor, we need to know who his striker partner will be. I think Chopra could play off a really slow big man but if the target man is more skillful he might get in Chopra's way and hog it more than Chopra would like.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Ben wrote:that leicester city player up front who caused us problems all game

Howard. Spoke to a few Leicester fans on the way back to Derby after the game. We said he was excelllent and they replied tonight he was but all season he has been dreadful. Tbh not too sure about him.

I thought Fallon was excellent against us for Plymouth on boxing day. I certainly would consider him as a backup for Jay but not to sure as a replacement.

Mon May 24, 2010 5:34 pm

anthonyevans wrote:If and when jay goes why dont we try and get jason scotland from wigan,i bet hes not on much more than jay is on ,and he would get a shedfull in the championship im sure, and the best bit it would really piss them jack bastards off

about 31 now, want someone younger

Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Sam Vokes on loan.

Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Spaceman wrote:Sam Vokes on loan.

Not one of the players mentioned has a fraction of the ability of Bothroyd.

I just hope to God we can keep him. I cannot think of a player who we can afford and would come here who can touch him.

Otherwise, how's Dennis Bergkamp these days ??

Mon May 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Federico Macheda or Nathan Delfounso.

Worth a loan punt, surely?

Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 pm

I like Howard and would be a good target man.

Waghorn would be worth a punt not that we could afford him.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 am

bwoodblue wrote:I like Howard and would be a good target man.

Waghorn would be worth a punt not that we could afford him.

Howard is getting on now and would only be cover, probably wouldnt leave Leics anyway.
Leon best is probably the closest option I can think of, as he seems out of favour at n\ewcastle and even he isn't on Bothroyds level.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am

Get Thommo back from Burnley as cover for Bothroyd if he stays ? :ayatollah: