Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any more news on DJ ???

Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm

The suspense is killing me,,, & i'm off to work soon! :?:

Re: Any more news on DJ ???

Mon May 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Something tells me they might be negotiating his contract down and it might get to the stage where Jones actually turns it down so the Malaysians say 'fine, see you later'. That's a scenario I am starting to see as more and more likely.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:30 pm

could be going either way! who knows.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Not a Jones fan by any stretch but if he does go we could have a problem getting a manager who's first job will be to rebuild a team whose best players will most likely be sold and who will probably be looking around the bargain basement for new players.

Would that appeal to a Curbishley type manager?

Or would we gamble on a young untried manager like Martinez or Di Matteo were when they got their first jobs?

And that would be a gamble because as many of them turn out to be failures as successes.

Of course if the Malaysians can promise some funding for the team that could make us look a much more attractive proposition to the type of manager we need know to take us that final step (whoever he may be!)

I have to say I expect Jones to still be in charge next season.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Midfield general wrote:A good young manager who understands how to play against and five man midfield and who can win a game even if we go a goal down is the type of manager I want.

Sean O'Driscoll.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Ross Young wrote:
Midfield general wrote:A good young manager who understands how to play against and five man midfield and who can win a game even if we go a goal down is the type of manager I want.

Sean O'Driscoll.

You mean Simon O'Driscoll! :lol:

Yeah, I rate Sean O'Driscoll but honestly do think changing manager when we're so close would be going backwards.

Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 pm

chris coleman please.
although tg was quoted as saying dj is staying 100%

Mon May 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Chris Coleman? Why.

:ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 4:33 pm

I think DJ should stay, if it wasnt to be Sean O'Driscoll would be a good bet or Eddie Howe at Bourenmouth! even Paul Jewell!

Mon May 24, 2010 4:35 pm

nugent wrote:chris coleman please.
although tg was quoted as saying dj is staying 100%

f**k that - he's a Jack b*stard!! :evil:

Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm

what about craig brown

Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 am

alan curbishly. neil warnock. darren ferguson :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 am

I say give him one more season.

Most on here seem to want to get rid of him.

Tue May 25, 2010 6:30 am

Zabier wrote:Something tells me they might be negotiating his contract down and it might get to the stage where Jones actually turns it down so the Malaysians say 'fine, see you later'. That's a scenario I am starting to see as more and more likely.

Cannot see that being an outcome only because of DJ's contract.

If they say fine see you later, they will have to pay him a years salary or put him on gardening leave and pay him, either way we will still be paying wages that then cannot be used elsewhere.

I think the board will try to reduce his wages and incentivise him to succeed with bonuses and if he refuses keep him on but change the terms of his contract to stop this idiotic rolling contract.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:23 am

Wayne S wrote:
Zabier wrote:Something tells me they might be negotiating his contract down and it might get to the stage where Jones actually turns it down so the Malaysians say 'fine, see you later'. That's a scenario I am starting to see as more and more likely.

Cannot see that being an outcome only because of DJ's contract.

If they say fine see you later, they will have to pay him a years salary or put him on gardening leave and pay him, either way we will still be paying wages that then cannot be used elsewhere.

I think the board will try to reduce his wages and incentivise him to succeed with bonuses and if he refuses keep him on but change the terms of his contract to stop this idiotic rolling contract.

Can't unilaterally change the contract terms, DJ would have to agree. If he didn't, then biting the bullet and paying the 800k now would be the better option.