Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what is the amount of current debt

Mon May 24, 2010 9:05 pm

bloke in work today was saying 15 million,personally i thought closer to 40, :ayatollah:

Re: what is the amount of current debt

Mon May 24, 2010 9:10 pm

krab wrote:bloke in work today was saying 15 million,personally i thought closer to 40, :ayatollah:

others have worked it out to be 47 million kev

Mon May 24, 2010 9:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:
krab wrote:bloke in work today was saying 15 million,personally i thought closer to 40, :ayatollah:

others have worked it out to be 47 million kev

:o

Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 pm

After the latest Langston agreement wasn't the figure estimated to be around £25m?

I'm not sure what's happened with the stadium debts and whether they've been negotiated or not though

Mon May 24, 2010 9:27 pm

The Malaysians said it's about £15m and I assume the rest will be sorted via shares?

Mon May 24, 2010 9:28 pm

again there seems to be a big difrence in te figures :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 9:29 pm

But Peter said that we were in the best position financially than we've ever been (except for some "cashflow" problems,but apparently they're not too important).

Surely he wouldn't mislead us would he?

Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 pm

krab wrote:again there seems to be a big difrence in te figures :ayatollah:

Yep! Nobody really knows.
Some of the higher figures include aspects of the naming rights of the stadium too amongst other things.

I'm not sure how much of the PMG debt has been/will be converted to equity but Steve Borley and Isaac have both converted some of their to shares.
The Langston debt is meant to be reduced to £10m with a bonus for promotion.

I can't see £15m being too far off the mark really.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Owain wrote:

Some of the higher figures include aspects of the naming rights of the stadium too amongst other things.

I'm not sure how much of the PMG debt has been/will be converted to equity but Steve Borley and Isaac have both converted some of their to shares.

the interview in the malaysian press from vincent tan said £15m too but they valued the club at £35m.

Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 am

We know that Langston are owed £10m so it is hard to believe that that everyone else PMG/Stadium Contractors/Directors etc are owed only a further £5m.

However, we should keep an eye on Companies House over the next few days because the annual accounts normally appear on there towards the end of May.

Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Owain wrote:

Initially , only £300k of the PMG debt of about £9m is being converted into shares , with an optionby the club for a further £2.7m to be converted before the end of next year.The rest of the debt has to be repaid(with interest) by the end of Sept 2013.

Langston are still owed £10m plus up to £5m on a promotion or selling of stadium naming rights.

A finance company is owed nearly £4m in respect of a loan recently taken out by the Chairman (allegedley without the knowledge of the other major stakeholders).

M Isaac is converting £1.25m of his debt into shares .

I don`t know how much is still owed to stadium contractors .

My guess as to the overall level of debt is about £25m after the maximum conversion of debts into shares

Tue May 25, 2010 4:24 pm

And of course Feyenoord would appear to still be owed money from the Loovens sale.....

Get those calculators out - it all adds up!