Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Reward To The Golden Ticket Ambassadors

Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 am

seeing though we kept the club going in January despite it being meant for new players - Think the malaysians should give the ten thousand ambos a token gesture of x amount of shares as a gesture of goodwill. Could be a minimal amount of say 50 just think that would go down well

:ayatollah:

Re: A Reward To The Golden Ticket Ambassadors

Tue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

Dobbin wrote:seeing though we kept the club going in January despite it being meant for new players - Think the malaysians should give the ten thousand ambos a token gesture of x amount of shares as a gesture of goodwill. Could be a minimal amount of say 50 just think that would go down well

I'm not against that idea at all Dobbin but I really don't think that's what the Malaysian's had in mind for 'cost cutting'

That said come this October/November/December i assume season tickets will go on sale again. There doesn't seem to be much to offer the fans as an insentive this time (we already have a 5 year price freeze) but free shares for early sign ups might be a good gimmick.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

Maybe they should pay u for going

Tue May 25, 2010 10:22 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dobbin wrote:seeing though we kept the club going in January despite it being meant for new players - Think the malaysians should give the ten thousand ambos a token gesture of x amount of shares as a gesture of goodwill. Could be a minimal amount of say 50 just think that would go down well

I'm not against that idea at all Dobbin but I really don't think that's what the Malaysian's had in mind for 'cost cutting'

That said come this October/November/December i assume season tickets will go on sale again. There doesn't seem to be much to offer the fans as an insentive this time (we already have a 5 year price freeze) but free shares for early sign ups might be a good gimmick.

We HAD a price freeze. A new broom sweeps clean as they say and the Malaysians may knock that one on
the head. Having said that, it was Riddles who promised the price freeze in the first place so he'd have been
just as likely to say 'unforeseen circumstances' have forced the club to renage on it

Tue May 25, 2010 10:30 am

taffyapple wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

We HAD a price freeze. A new broom sweeps clean as they say and the Malaysians may knock that one on
the head. Having said that, it was Riddles who promised the price freeze in the first place so he'd have been
just as likely to say 'unforeseen circumstances' have forced the club to renage on it

None of the Golden Ticket cash went on players as promised and we didn't get a refund because we failed in the promotion bid. It would be a very brave new owner who was willing to piss off 10k of it's loyalist customers by removing the one last benefit.

Tue May 25, 2010 10:44 am

LOL FREE SHARES, WHAT A JOKE. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER FANS , WHO COULDNT BUY THE GOLDEN TICKET BECAUSE THEY JUST COULDNT AFFORD IT , MAYBE THEY SHOULD GET 50 EACH , BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE IF THEY COULD HAVE.
Should my son have free shares? He bought a season ticket for last season , when he knew he wouldnt be ther as he was in Australia for the year?
YOU WANT SHARES BUY THEM JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE.

Like I would if they became available.

Oh and by the way I renewed my season ticket , but when i got back from Australia in Feb 2010.

Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 am

Actually in the early 90's junior bluebirds were given small amounts of shares as an incentive to follow the city, you do remember the junior bluebird club i presume?

Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 am

I remember that very well , one share each i think wasnt it. Wasnt it launched by Rick Wright if my memory serves correctly .
If your question is defering to my support for the Club , I saw my first game as a 7 year old with my Grandad in 1967 against NAC BREDA,
I have been hooked ever since.

Giving kids 1 share each to follow the City would still be a great Idea in my opinion. how many shares are there now?
As I stated I bought my Season ticket in Feb 2010 because I was in Oz for the 8 weeks prior.
But to get free shares , because certain people could afford to buy a season ticket when others just couldnt is A JOKE, in my opinion.
But thats just My opinion.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 am

undybluebird wrote:I remember that very well , one share each i think wasnt it. Wasnt it launched by Rick Wright if my memory serves correctly .
If your question is defering to my support for the Club , I saw my first game as a 7 year old with my Grandad in 1967 against NAC BREDA,

Giving kids 1 share each to follow the City would still be a great Idea in my opinion. how many shares are there now?
As I stated I bought my Season ticket in Feb 2010 because I was in Oz for the 8 weeks prior.
But to get free shares , because certain people could afford to buy a season ticket when others just couldnt is A JOKE, in my opinion.

No NO not questioning your support just reminding people that has been done in the past as an incentive :ayatollah:

Wasnt aimed at you it was a general comment :ayatollah:

yes it was if memory serves me correct just 1 share and in the rick wright era. maybe something similar to get more families and yougsters down the CCS

Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 am

As I said , I think that is a great Idea, depending on what the Shares are worth. I would buy some (subject to cost)If I was allowed and they came on the general market.

But your idea to Incentivise the Kids , I think is Spot on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:59 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 pm

undybluebird wrote:I remember that very well , one share each i think wasnt it. Wasnt it launched by Rick Wright if my memory serves correctly .

I think the original suggestion was to give shares as a 'reward' to those who bought their season tickets before Christmas. I can't see that happening because the money has long gone and it would make no sense for the Malaysian's to give something away without getting anything back.

However, if they want us to stump up our cash again early next season i.e. Pre-Christmas then they will have to find an incentive. One of those incentives could be a small shareholding worth around £50 (for argument sake),

Tue May 25, 2010 12:23 pm

NOW THAT I AGREE WITH ENTIRELY, BUT YOU SHOULD BE GIVEN THE SHARES WHEN YOU PAY FOR THE SEASON TICKET.
ALSO THE OPTION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE PREPARED TO COMMIT TO BUYING A SEASON TICKET , OVER A CERTAIN PERIOD I SAY JAN TO MAY, BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD A LUMP SUM PAYMENT AND THEY GET THERE SHARES WHEN THEY HAVE SETTLED THE FINAL PAYMENT.
MAYBE THE CASH UP FRONT PEOPLE GET, FOR ARGUMENTS SAKE 50 AND THOSE PAYING OVER A 4/5 MONTH PERIOD GET 35/40.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D