Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ipswich in for Chopra

Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 am

Ipswich have tabled a £3million bid for Cardiff striker Michael Chopra.

Manager Roy Keane previously paid the Welsh club £5m for the striker during his time as manager of Sunderland and he played a key role in the Black Cats' leap into the Premier League.

Chopra ended up going back to the Bluebirds for £4m, but now he could be set to link up with his old boss again.

Cardiff need to sell after failing to make the Premier League and Keane, whose club is bankrolled by London billionaire owner Marcus Evans, is determined to land a favourite old boy.

Re: Ipswich in for Chopra

Tue May 25, 2010 7:41 am

3 mil lol :lol:

What kinda striker you gonna get for 3 mil whos technically as good

5mil no less!!

Tue May 25, 2010 7:56 am

I mentioned this yesterday but 1 or 2 didnt believe me coz in their words " Carl didnt post it . " But like I said they were sniffing last season and was inevitable this season but tbh if CCFC have ambition ( and Chopra for that matter ) then he will stay ! :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 7:57 am

Plus Chopra didn't help them get to the Prem, they bought him after they got promoted didn't they?

Tue May 25, 2010 10:07 am

chopra will go, massive cut backs going to happen over the summer, and hes on 25k a week, thats a huge amount. so i can only see him leaving :cry:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:10 am

He'll only go if he wants to though.

Nobody can make the players take a cut or move if they don't want to.

He could do better than that anyway.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 am

all piss and wind from the tabloids as mentioned above he and roy keane didnt get on at sunderland and given ipswich may have the cash IMO it would be a step backwards in his career.