Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd's twitter...

Tue May 25, 2010 7:55 am

Jayb1982 I pulled my calf against the foxes, desperately wanted to play the final but re tore my calf !! Grade 2 !! Not good!!!

Jayb1982 Cardiff is everything to me!!! So gutted!!! Next season yeah

Seems to me he love the club and wants to be here :ayatollah:

Re: Jay Bothroyd's twitter...

Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 am

I'm not saying he doesn't, but foobtaller's will say whatever it takes to be loved, especially when on a tidy wage packet!

Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 am

looks like he wants to stay then unless CCFC want to sell ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:08 am

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpainandinjuries/a/calf-strain.htm

Look up the Grade 2 injury.

If true, those claiming he "bottled it" should be eating humble pie and apologising...

Tue May 25, 2010 8:10 am

nerd wrote:http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpainandinjuries/a/calf-strain.htm

If true, those claiming he "bottled it" should be eating humble pie and apologising...

yes I am 1 of those now who slagged him off BUT why didnt he start on the bench then ?? :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
nerd wrote:http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpainandinjuries/a/calf-strain.htm

yes I am 1 of those now who slagged him off BUT why didnt he start on the bench then ?? :ayatollah:

Maybe he thought he was OK, then he's gone and tore it... shame..cost us..but with Cardiff we're always f*cking jinxed anyway!

Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 am

"Ets hope we can keep hold of him and push on for next season :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

Ask Jones.

He's clearly no style of playing other than get it forward to Bothroyd.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:24 am

If he wasn't fit he shouldn't have started. He should have declared himself unfit.

Everyone has to take a share of the blame here.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 am

PtB wrote:If he wasn't fit he shouldn't have started. He should have declared himself unfit.

Everyone has to take a share of the blame here.

Given DJ has on numerous occasions referred to ignoring Jay's claims of being injured, do you seriously believe DJ would do that?

Medical advice was probably 50/50. Jay didn't get out on the pitch, that's his career with us over with.

If there's blame it has to be solely at the hands of the club, for either not fully diagnosing the injury, or taking a massive risk.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 am

I honestly don't think DJ would have risked playing someone who wasn't fit in the biggest game in the clubs history with such a massive prize at stake.

I also don't think Jay would have played just because the manager said so.

There was far too much at risk here and it's backfired spectacuarly. They all need to share the blame, but someone is more to blame than others and we'll probably never find out who.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 am

Of course DJ will have risked Jay playing.

Club knew an injury, chance of it being made worse - as happened.

Jones probably figured he could get an hour out of him, have won the game by then, out sub on, yadda yadda. After all, let's face it, Jones has no plan when there's no Bothroyd.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 am

jones played him knowing full well about his injury, and chanced him in hope he'd last longer than he did FACT

Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 am

Ben wrote:jones played him knowing full well about his injury, and chanced him in hope he'd last longer than he did FACT

so what was yesterday's big bust up all abou then , if it was indeed true ?? :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Ben wrote:jones played him knowing full well about his injury, and chanced him in hope he'd last longer than he did FACT

so what was yesterday's big bust up all abou then , if it was indeed true ?? :ayatollah:

Possibly about Jay not taking the cortisone shot, as requested.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 am

I still feel Jay has a responsibillity to the club, his teammates and fans to say I'm not fit and I can't start.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:10 am

Cant see what Cortisone would have done for a torn calf muscle , cant play with 1 of those mun ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 am

PtB wrote:I still feel Jay has a responsibillity to the club, his teammates and fans to say I'm not fit and I can't start.

he couldn't take a penalty against Leicester due to the calf problem.

hardly rocket science to work out he wasn't fit.

Jones gambled. Jones blew it.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Cant see what Cortisone would have done for a torn calf muscle , cant play with 1 of those mun ? :ayatollah:

Grade 2 is a partial tear of the muscle fibres. It may well have been the calf was bad after Leicester, but not a grade 2 - playing albeit briefly at Wembley may have cauased the partial tear.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Cant see what Cortisone would have done for a torn calf muscle , cant play with 1 of those mun ? :ayatollah:

If he'd have torn it he wouldn't have been walking. Those of us who have torn muscles know the pain. I'm skeptical. I hope I'm wrong but I think maybe Jay went off a bit too easily.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:28 am

Zabier wrote:

If he'd have torn it he wouldn't have been walking. Those of us who have torn muscles know the pain. I'm skeptical. I hope I'm wrong but I think maybe Jay went off a bit too easily.

Grade 2 is, as I've said, a partial tear. It's like the difference between a hairline fracture and a fracture.

No chance he went off too easily.

Even assuming there was no difference, it's sill to argue about him being able to walk. Professional footballers don't need to be able to walk. They need to be able to run. It was pretty clear he sure as hell wasn't moving around particularly well.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:32 am

give the lad a break, it was obvious he wasnt fit to continue.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 am

all il say is if it was any other player we wouldnt be having this convo.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:36 am

milly44 wrote:all il say is if it was any other player we wouldnt be having this convo.

true.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:38 am

milly44 wrote:all il say is if it was any other player we wouldnt be having this convo.

So Taiwo was fit??? :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:40 am

rob wrote:

true.

I didnt think Burke was 100% either , maybe a place on the bench would have been better ? Shame Hudson was injured last Fri too ! :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:40 am

PtB wrote:

So Taiwo was fit??? :lol:

:lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 pm

What has happened cannot be changed and I refuse to slag off any player that has given his heart for cardiff this year and got us to the Play-Offs.

Jay = hero :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Keli wrote:What has happened cannot be changed and I refuse to slag off any player that has given his heart for cardiff this year and got us to the Play-Offs.

Jay = hero :ayatollah:

true but he has 1 or 2 lesser moments too tho this season , but like he states he wasnt fit on Sat and nobody is slaggin him off for not trying at Wembley ! :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Come on everyone this is all hear say and guess work. None of us know what went wrong was jay risked and it didnt pay off? But he would be one player that was worth the risk a decision that had to be made and that decision was most prob made by DJ and Jay. It didnt pay of no ones fault but he is important to our team.
What i want to know is why hasnt Burke performed for the last several weeks why wont he run with the ball?. Why was Hudson who was under par in 2nd leg against LCFC played on Sat instead of Gerrard.
But why we lost was because 8 players were shocking on Sat.