Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones - In the cold light of day

Tue May 25, 2010 10:14 am

Ive never been a fan.

However, for Cardiff City to reach the Play-Off final this season was a minor miracle
given the lack of funds/backing from cuntchops in the Chairmans office.

I dont think we were good enough to beat Blackpool full stop!! They had a dynamic, busy
and skilful midfield. Close down Stephen McPhail and we're fucked. His gamble to play
Bothroyd was calculated to get the ball early to him and negate the damage of the Blackpool
midfield. However I cant help but wonder if he'd ever seen Etuhu playing as a target man??
Etuhu was a disaster. Hudson was a disaster and surely Jones must have realised that our
defence was at its best with Darcy and Gerrard. Hudsons place was cemented by a brilliant
performance at Leicester, even though he had an absolute stinker in the second leg.

Our players fought through adversity to get to that play-off final, and a hell of a lot of kudos
must go to the manager for that.

But he has no plan B, its all very well for him to tell his teams "this is how we're going to play"..
but he has no control over how the opposition counter our tactics. After that defeat I think the
club needs new blood - including a new manager.

He's done a remarkable job given the circumstances, but I fear he'll always fail at that final hurdle

Re: Dave Jones - In the cold light of day

Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

i agree, given the circumstances hes done a decent job SINCE XMAS, but then you can argue with his wage, and the players he has signed and the MASSIVE WAGES they are on, we should be there anyway. i just dont think he can take us any further, hes has no bottle for the big occasion.

time for a fresh start chairman and manager :ayatollah: