Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

watched my sky + last night

Tue May 25, 2010 12:57 pm

After the game i felt so dejected, bitter, angry, lonely.

Got is from work last night and I wanted to have a look at who was at fault for the goals. Aportioning blame is not good but I just needed to see it. Given we didn't play well for the whole 90mins it was interesting to see just who I can point my finger at - I pay my money etc etc.

Goal 1

Free Kick - questionable in my opinion I have seen them waved away but we were unlucky to it give away. From my perspective the 2 peole at fault for this was Marshall (shit positioning) and Jay (if he had jumped and headed it away and not stood still or tried to hit it with his arm)

Goal 2

Again Marshall tried to flap at the ball and made a real hash (do they teach him to catch in trg?) of it but also Hudson who was stood marking no-one or not even meeting the corner and taking the strike. Burke did his best on the line but it was too late.

Goal 3

Take your pick. Hudson for not clearing it immediately, Darcy and Kennedy for falling over like Bambi on the infamous pitch. More importantly and this went on for the whole game the inability to stop Blackpool playing by closing them down as effectivley as they did to us.

Does this make it any easier no but thought i'd share my observations on who I beleive is to blame.

Still very despondant

Ceri

Re: watched my sky + last night

Tue May 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I was also brave enough to watch the recording and agree with your assessment of the 1st and 2nd goals. For the 2nd I would also add that Burke, orany of the 3 that were on the line, could have flown at the scorer in an attempt to block of put him off, as it was he had a simple looped header with no real pressure.

The 3rd goal I also think McNaughton was culpible. He got dragged in to the challenge in the centre and then didn't get out quick enough to Ormerod.

As you say, it doesn't make it any better :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 2:02 pm

For the first goal you can not blame Marshall, he positioned his wall like he wanted it and placed himself to cover the other corner, but Charlie 'ugly' Adams suburbly got it up over the wall and dipped lovely into the top corner it was a great free kick sometimes you just have to accept that its not someone's fault for a goal

Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 pm

I sky +'d the game too with all good intentions of watching it last night but I switched off and deleted it at 1 - 1 , brill finish by Chops and yes Mc Phail u did handle the ball :cry: !

Tue May 25, 2010 2:10 pm

The first goal can not be put down to Marshall. It's a top drawer free kick. Jay could maybe have got his head on it, although when we know someone can hit them like that, why didn't we drop someone onto the post? That never seems to ahppen anymore. Personally, I didn't think it was a free kick. It's not a deliberate attempt to play the ball with his arm, and there is no such think as an unatural position despite whate FIFA would have anyone think. If his arm was hanging out his arse, well that would be different.

The 2nd goal was shit. Marshall has to do better. Failing that, the guys on the line have to do better. No one is marking that prick that scores it too.

The 3rd goal is shitter. Too many falling and not enough desire to close the move down.

Then there is the woodwork at either end. They have alot to answer for. as does the referee who only played 4 minutes. Now I am not using this as an excuse, because I still don't think we would have scored. However, the board goes up for 4 mins, with 5 subs having been made. Add onto that some time for ball out of play, which it was alot as they were in no rush to take any throw ins(who can blame them?) and the time for McPhail's treatment alone never mind any others. Should have been at least 6 minutes.

Anyway, let's talk about something else.

Anyone shagged their sister lately?

Tue May 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Come straight in and deleted it Saturday night.

Tue May 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Watch it again and you will note that Hudson failed to make a tackle or challenge successfully for a header of any note in the first half. Don't like to single him out but his presnce in the team has led to far too many winless matches. Of 29 league and play off games where he started we only won 11. Now those are damning statistics. If we can offload him then we should. Some of Dave Jones transfer buys have been successful and some not. This one was a failure.