Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEDLEY TO STAY ?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:08 pm

On Saturday after the game Steve Borley spoke with Joe and has tried to convince Joe to stay with Cardiff. He has told Joe that he will be amongst Ciyt's top earners if he does stay. Joe Ledley has many offers on the table and I know the press reports say Rangers but Celtic are interested in him and as we know if he does go to Scotland then we will not get a penny.

Re: LEDLEY TO STAY ?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Fat chance of him staying, would love it.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm

i think he would love to stay to be honest, and go up with his beloved home club. I heard his agent is putting preasure on him to move? Dont know how much truth is in it though!

Tue May 25, 2010 5:19 pm

i think joe's been a great servant for the club but if cuts of got to be made i would make them in midfield and do whatever we can to keep chopra and bothroyd, the midfield needs a complete overhaul if joe is to go i wish him all the best and hope he finds himself a big club in the premier league.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:22 pm

the truth is Mark that Borley has told Joe he will be one of the biggest earners in our history if he stays, that is a statement of intent to me, as I just said in a pm, if another club comes in and offers more, not just cash but European footall possibly, then not a lot Cardiff can do but at least they are trying.

and by the way, Joe is not on massive wages and the talk of Ridsdale giving him £20k a week were simply lies, the lad was on £3k a week.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:23 pm

If joe goes i will be gutted. :x

Tue May 25, 2010 5:27 pm

I hope he goes. For the last few years he has contributed very little once the local boy hype is stripped away. He made one tackle on Sat - after 78 mins.

StT.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm

we need to beg him to stay in my opinion, if he goes who else with his class and ability and it must be said potential cos he is still young and learning, can we get in on less than for arguments sake 8grand a week?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:41 pm

was you watching the same game, i sure he scored, and apart from chopra was the only player to have even tried in a blue shirt!

Tue May 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:I hope he goes. For the last few years he has contributed very little once the local boy hype is stripped away. He made one tackle on Sat - after 78 mins.

StT.

You forgot the goal he scored Steve :D , Your assessment of Joe has never been rational, you don't like him, never will, we are all the same, have our favourites and dislikes. :D

Tue May 25, 2010 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:as we know if he does go to Scotland then we will not get a penny.

I know that has been touted around alout, but is that definately true we paid a compensation fee for McCormack (if the Eggo is to be believed), or were the rules different then?

He was out of contract with Motherwell, but City will have to pay compensation, probably about £100,000, because he is aged under 24.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -21412649/

Tue May 25, 2010 7:50 pm

joncandy wrote:
carlccfc wrote:as we know if he does go to Scotland then we will not get a penny.

I know that has been touted around alout, but is that definately true we paid a compensation fee for McCormack (if the Eggo is to be believed), or were the rules different then?

He was out of contract with Motherwell, but City will have to pay compensation, probably about £100,000, because he is aged under 24.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -21412649/

Good spot Jon and I am unsure whether the laws have changed

Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:On Saturday after the game Steve Borley spoke with Joe and has tried to convince Joe to stay with Cardiff. He has told Joe that he will be amongst Ciyt's top earners if he does stay. Joe Ledley has many offers on the table and I know the press reports say Rangers but Celtic are interested in him and as we know if he does go to Scotland then we will not get a penny.

You sure? We had to pay compensation for McCormack didn't we who was out of contract.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:20 pm

maccydee wrote:
carlccfc wrote:On Saturday after the game Steve Borley spoke with Joe and has tried to convince Joe to stay with Cardiff. He has told Joe that he will be amongst Ciyt's top earners if he does stay. Joe Ledley has many offers on the table and I know the press reports say Rangers but Celtic are interested in him and as we know if he does go to Scotland then we will not get a penny.

You sure? We had to pay compensation for McCormack didn't we who was out of contract.

Ross cost Cardiff City FC £120,000 in compensation because of his age. The same would apply the other way.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:31 pm

they are on about cutting costs but still offer joe the biggest contract in cardiff history? something isnt right there

Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

cefnblue wrote:they are on about cutting costs but still offer joe the biggest contract in cardiff history? something isnt right there

Have they ever been qouted as saying they will make cuts?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:34 pm

If Vincent Tan and his $2 billion are on board? Who said cost cutting is needed?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm

PtB wrote:
cefnblue wrote:they are on about cutting costs but still offer joe the biggest contract in cardiff history? something isnt right there

Good point.
Running it on an even keel could be achieved by increasing income instead ;)

Better marketing and links with Malaysian markets and sponsorship perhaps ?

Or they are going to make 1 big sale :(

Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 pm

PtB wrote:

we are in millions of pounds of debt. and making some1 the highest paid player in the history of cardiff just makes it seem stupid

Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Actually i can tell you that when joe was 16 he wasnt expected to make it as a pro.

How do i know this?

My uncle Mel Davies was his coach in the under 17's. Im probably gunna get stick for this but i'd thought i'd tell you how far he has come through the the many coaching staff at CCFC and has proved so many wrong. I would love it if he stays but cant blame him if he go's he's a young lad with a bright future.

:ayatollah: