Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FEENEY DEBATE

Tue May 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Most will have read or heard of the debate about Warren Feeney started up on CCMB, but I am puzzled by why just Feeney has been targeted as " clearly a complete waste of time and money ". Now I am not saying here that Warren Feeney is the best player to ever don the City shirt but I think it is a very unfair statement to make.

Also I see that the poster also said that Warren Feeney cost the club over a million pound as he was on alledged wages of £7k a week, but the poster didnt mention the fact that Warren wages were in large part paid for at his loan clubs ( Swansea 70%, Dundee Utd 80% and Sheff Weds 70% ) so I think you can take a large part of the alledged million away.

Also surprised to see the poster make staements based on rumours, no matter how well informed it may be, it is still a rumour, considering this poster has often stated we should wait and see the facts before making assumptions.

Would,nt it have been a poor management decision to bring a player in on these alledged wages and then not give the player game time to prove his worth, cause wherever he went on loan he was largely successful ?

Re: THE FEENEY DEBATE

Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Feeney wasnt up too scratch, he would run around like a headless chicken never achieving nothing, he is technically inept for the championship, glad he is off the pay role as a club we have been carrying too many passengers for a while!

Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 pm

The guy never was never given a fair chance with us. whatever happens good luck warren :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Sorry to his friends but i'm delighted Feeney is gone. We no longer need to pay him and he can go to his level in League Two

Tue May 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Surely though we never seen enough of him to make the decision ' complete waste of time and money' .

Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Was not good enough, when he came on he didnt look the part. Fitness played a part but he still wdnt be good enough if he was fit IMO

Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 pm

I would love to have seen him get a proper chance, not just the odd subs appearance or 4 or 5 games, but a proper run.

W're talking about an International player who has scored goals at other clubs and was loved at Dundee United. While the SPL is not as good a standard as the Championship, it's still a fairly competitive league where he was a regular pick.

Unfortunately he didn't get the chance which makes it too easy to take the whole debate to one side.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 pm

I wish the fella well

he wasnt up to what we needed

he lacked pace

but whoever puts on the blue shirt in a game gets my support

unless he does a damon searle

Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 pm

feeney has never been good enough to justify a place in the starting x1 but i would have had him on the bench at wembley with jay carrying an injury he's a damn sight better than etuhu and he doesn't deserve to be slagged off

Tue May 25, 2010 7:12 pm

its only a cheap shot by the lonegayman yet again

feeney is no messi, but he scores international goals, i know him personally and as all mates of mine i will always stick up for them,

but tlg you really are a sad c**t get a life ffs, start growing up and stop spending your life digging up useless stats :D

Tue May 25, 2010 7:17 pm

the lonegayman

watch out, his sidekick sludge will get you :roll:

Tue May 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Ben wrote:
the lonegayman

i really dont give a flying f**k tonight :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 7:22 pm

and swearing now, bloody hell they'll have you hanging from london bridge for that :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Ben wrote:and swearing now, bloody hell they'll have you hanging from london bridge for that :lol:
i am allowed too ;)

ben lets go f**k some spiders :lol: :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 7:25 pm

;)

Tue May 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Feeney was a panic buy when we were desperate. He was never the right player but at the time, we had no choice.

Whoever gave him a 3 yr contract and £7k a week needs shooting

Nothing against the guy but he just isn't up to the required standard - wish him well though wherever he ends up

Tue May 25, 2010 7:32 pm

He couldn't even get time on the pitch at relagated Sheffield wed when on loan so why people think he is good enough for our team who have jay, chops and Rossco.

It's not feeneys fault we gave him a high contract but he just isn't a championship player. Works hard but to small to be a target man, not good enough finisher and has little pace or no pace.

IMO he is a poor excuse of a striker at this level although i did always wonder if he could do a job in CM ala alan smith as he works hard, decent on the ball and ain't scared of making a tackle.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:35 pm

but is it his fault to get a verbal volley of supporters because he was paid what he was paid, same as any other player,

Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:but is it his fault to get a verbal volley of supporters because he was paid what he was paid, same as any other player,

Maybe its because he went on loan with the gypos?

Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 pm

the guy was never given a fair chance end of

as for the stats quoted - it means f**k all, if i had nothing better to do with my life I could easily list approx 12 consectative games that Chopra played in and did not score last season does that also make him a complete waste of time and money?

Good luck Warren I look forward the "feeney Scored again this weekend" threads onthis MB next season

Tue May 25, 2010 7:43 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Ben wrote:
the lonegayman

i really dont give a flying f**k tonight :lol:

nor me

Tue May 25, 2010 7:45 pm

i have a shit day in work and come home to world war 3 of messageboards, all started by 1 man again, f*cking hitler caused less trouble :D

Tue May 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Feeney isn't good enough for us. Can we stop this debate please? I respect his supporters fighting his corner so avidly. He was clearly a gent who had a positive impression on someone and of course, he has some ability obviously otherwise he wouldn't have been selected for Northern Ireland countless times. Saying that, so were David Healy and Kyle Lafferty but I feel we could get better players than them as well.

I wish Feeney the best of luck, I really do, but for a team pushing for the Premiership, be realistic lads, we need much better. That's no disrespect to Feeney, we just need better quality now. He's middle Championship at best.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Zabier wrote:Feeney isn't good enough for us. Can we stop this debate please? I respect his supporters fighting his corner so avidly. He was clearly a gent who had a positive impression on someone and of course, he has some ability obviously otherwise he wouldn't have been selected for Northern Ireland countless times. Saying that, so were David Healy and Kyle Lafferty but I feel we could get better players than them as well.

I wish Feeney the best of luck, I really do, but for a team pushing for the Premiership, be realistic lads, we need much better. That's no disrespect to Feeney, we just need better quality now. He's middle Championship at best.
well said that man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm

nor me

yet you keep coming on here trying to cause shit???

Tue May 25, 2010 8:26 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Zabier wrote:Feeney isn't good enough for us. Can we stop this debate please? I respect his supporters fighting his corner so avidly. He was clearly a gent who had a positive impression on someone and of course, he has some ability obviously otherwise he wouldn't have been selected for Northern Ireland countless times. Saying that, so were David Healy and Kyle Lafferty but I feel we could get better players than them as well.

Baz, I've just read the post again, everything that is said is about right, the offending line to some on here seems to be the "Nevertheless, Feeney was clearly a complete waste of time and money. Easily one of the most ineffective signings of the Jones era.", if you read the post again, the line is actually about Dave Jones, Dave Jones wasted the clubs time and money and also Feeneys time.. And BTW although we are mates myself and TLG disagree about many things Cardiff City.

For what it's worth Feeney just does not fit into the system here, he's not a bad player and has proved himself elsewhere, it just wasn't to be for him at Cardiff City. But for posters to start attacking TLG's post, they read it and jumped to conclusions, read the post again, then tell me what is incorrect, he ends by saying that ain't good enough for this level, that seems to be shared by a few regulars on here, it juts an opinion and this board respects all opinions doesn't it?. ;)

Tue May 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Feeney - good luck where ever you go pal.

You were a Cardiff City employee and did your best. thats all we ask as fans.

what ever decisions you make in the near future - I sincerely wish you well. :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

Baz, I've just read the post again, everything that is said is about right, the offending line to some on here seems to be the "Nevertheless, Feeney was clearly a complete waste of time and money. Easily one of the most ineffective signings of the Jones era.", if you read the post again, the line is actually about Dave Jones, Dave Jones wasted the clubs time and money and also Feeneys time.. And BTW although we are mates myself and TLG disagree about many things Cardiff City.

For what it's worth Feeney just does not fit into the system here, he's not a bad player and has proved himself elsewhere, it just wasn't to be for him at Cardiff City. But for posters to start attacking TLG's post, they read it and jumped to conclusions, read the post again, then tell me what is incorrect, he ends by saying that ain't good enough for this level, that seems to be shared by a few regulars on here, it juts an opinion and this board respects all opinions doesn't it?. ;)
ok ;) :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Ben wrote:
nor me

yet you keep coming on here trying to cause shit???

only particularly out of order posts ben

which if you regret , then we can move on

Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

you 2 stop it or i will make you both eat liver and celery

end of