Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm

has been offered to become highest wage earner in citys history :shock:

Re: i thought we were cutting the wage bill,now joe

Tue May 25, 2010 10:08 pm

And rightly so :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 10:10 pm

earnieblue wrote:And rightly so :ayatollah:

and i think 1 of our biggest problems was the wage bill,i dont understand :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 pm

I'd love Joe to stay.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Midfield general wrote:I think its best to part with Joe for the good of the club and the player

Why?

Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Midfield general wrote:because I think Ledley needs to play at a higher level and I think that the club can get a better player for half the wages at least.

A player such as?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 am

krab wrote:has been offered to become highest wage earner in citys history :shock:

if thats true thats shocking! he's shocking, average championship player, but ill be shot down for that because im not alloud a opinion :roll:

Wed May 26, 2010 7:15 am

krab wrote:
earnieblue wrote:And rightly so :ayatollah:

and i think 1 of our biggest problems was the wage bill,i dont understand :ayatollah:

It might be a calculated risk to get Joe to sign a contract, have a great season and sell him for a profit next year if we don't go up?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:56 am

krab wrote:has been offered to become highest wage earner in citys history :shock:

TG said all This to Joe while in London, lets wait and See if they put it in writing to Joe.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:01 am

why annis?? is it so we can get more money for him if we sell him? or do they beleave he's the next messi ? or ronaldo?

Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 am

What is the actual figure here around £25k a week ?

Wed May 26, 2010 9:02 am

I think the problems were not with 10k wages but 20+ the likes Chopra had.

The problem we've always had is when we try and sign players on the free they always done a u-turn (Killen and Bent etc..) and gone to whoever would pay probably 2k more and Riddler would jump up and say I'll pay you so and so.

This is my opinion not true fact but we should do a scheme where we pay bonuses for amount of games played, goals scored, promotion etc....

Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 am

exactly what i was thinking

Wed May 26, 2010 11:09 am

Is TG the new Ridsdale? :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 11:11 am

Probably, it's all talk no action

Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am

to be fair he's been on peanuts (in football terms) for the last five years - 5k a week
you can pay him £15k a week and then offload big earners like chopra, bothroyd, hudson etc then you are cutting the wage bill

Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 am

I think they are anticipating losing players but also see the money funding Joe's new contract as a calculated gamble. The players we released would cover Joe's contract increase easily. In fact I imagine Capaldi's contract probably funded the difference alone so by releasing the players we've made big savings in spite of Joe's contract offer.

I can also see 2-3 players leaving as well with other players being brought in on lower wages.

Wed May 26, 2010 11:55 am

I am not usre who we would get to replace him but it makes sense to offer him the money with a buy out clause. I guess the big concern at the moment is either him going to Scotland and getting nothing at all for him or moving to England and having a tribunal set a fee that we have no control over. Better paying him £25k a week for a year and then selling him for a minimum buy out of £5-6m than chancing losing him for nothing at all.