Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE RIDDLER AND THE MISSING £500,000

Tue May 25, 2010 11:27 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... rdiff-city

Re: THE RIDDLER AND THE MISSING £500,000

Tue May 25, 2010 11:47 pm

So glad that the Guardian has printed this at long last. Terry Philips conveniently didn't report that I questioned Ridsdale about this at the last EGM. Maybe now the Guardian's spilt the beans, the Echo will show some bottle? :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 12:12 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:So glad that the Guardian has printed this at long last. Terry Philips conveniently didn't report that I questioned Ridsdale about this at the last EGM. Maybe now the Guardian's spilt the beans, the Echo will show some bottle? :lol:

Are you Digger?

Guardian? A total mess of newspaper, rates somewhere between the Sun and the Mirror on complete and utter bollocks. About as much use for educated comment as sand paper to wipe yer arse.

Wed May 26, 2010 12:47 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:
Dreamlike or Chic wrote:So glad that the Guardian has printed this at long last. Terry Philips conveniently didn't report that I questioned Ridsdale about this at the last EGM. Maybe now the Guardian's spilt the beans, the Echo will show some bottle? :lol:

Are you Digger?

Guardian? A total mess of newspaper, rates somewhere between the Sun and the Mirror on complete and utter bollocks. About as much use for educated comment as sand paper to wipe yer arse.

No idea who Digger is? Are you Peter Ridsdale? :lol:
As for the Guardian, it's the paper that's done more to expose dodgy deals in football and the parlous state of football's finances than any other. What's your problem with the story?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:24 am

I cannot believe anyone can slag this story off cos its
The Guardian? Who gives a f**k! Its the first of many
Nails in the cunts coffin.

Is it fair to say then that the 1.3m consultancy fees were
Separate to his salary? So in fact he took 2m+ out
Of a dying club during that period?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:43 am

taffyapple wrote:I cannot believe anyone can slag this story off cos its
The Guardian? Who gives a f**k! Its the first of many
Nails in the cunts coffin.

Is it fair to say then that the 1.3m consultancy fees were

the guy's a parasite , all come out very soon I imagine ?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:58 am

i hope the b*stard goes back north and lives on job seekers allowance. and thats to good for the tw*t :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 am

taffyapple wrote:Is it fair to say then that the 1.3m consultancy fees were

No. This is from the time before he was an employee so he wasn't on a salary. Still bad enough though. In the accounts for the year the whole turnover of the club was only £10m.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:18 am

Mike

While I am glad the Guardian seem to be willing to run with this story , I think they could have done a better job of the article itself.

There is no mention that the "investment" was shares in Cardiff City Holdings or that PR sold the investment to himself pre-liquidation for a paltry £20k (which is part of the liquidator`s investigation work)>

They also got the statement of affairs fee bit wrong - that is a fee which the liquidator`s firm would have taken for preparing for the formal creditors` meeting etc. - it is not a fee which would have been paid to P Ridsdale.Doesn`t help their cause if they miss some key points or accuse him of something he hasn`t done.

Keith