Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I AM SORRY BUT I CANT BE AS"

Wed May 26, 2010 9:39 am

Lets wait and see before making negative posts

I have followed City for more years than I care to remember and Jones is easily the most successful manager in all that time...Ok Scouler nearly got us promoted and we did beat Real Madrid under him...but you cannot compare him to Jones

Question for Annis...who would you replace him with...?also if Jones goes do you think the current players( if we still have them) will play better under a new manager? I don't...our best chance is to keep Jones

If we give Ledley a contract...that will be a huge sign of good things happening...lets get rid of the dead wood now...Enkleman Feeney, Capaldi etc and replace them with better and we can go places.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:39 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There are some great posts above both for and against Jones.

I'm not going to repeat any of them but just give a personal opinion of last Saturday. I was sat in Block 551 which looked directly down on the 2 technical areas.

Holloway kicked and tackled every ball with his players he was the 12th man and drove them onto their deserved success. In contrast Jones stood ridged as normal and made no effort to encourage his side even when the 4 mins of injury time went up and we were moments from missing out on £90m.

For me that is the missing link in his flawed management. Just from viewing his pitch side demeanour you can hazard a very good guess to how inspirational he is in the dressing room when compared directly with Holloway.

I wish he would go, but we are stuck with him for another 12 months (will ever end?) so we have to make the most of a bad job and get behind him, even though every sinew of my instinct tells me it’s a hopeless cause.

That is one of my main reasons for him to go...I have a few for him to stay..

He has no drive and absolutely no ability to fire the players up! One more season...

Wed May 26, 2010 9:49 am

I go into this next season a very uncomfortable supporter with Jones now staying. The next couple of months are going to be very telling for me regarding the coming season. Then the first 10 games will be all important for me more than any other season lately. I hope it turns out I was all wrong but at the moment I fear the worse.

So we are struck with Jones. So what should we expect to make ourselfs feel better about this. Well the only thing that would ease my worries it to see us keep our best players and bring extra reinforcements in. Anything less and I feel Jones will not be up to it. I really hope Jones has insisted on this as a condition of his staying.

So we get to the new season and Jones has his players. Well lets hope they are not as bad a signings as last season. The first 10 games will tell us.

I just feel even if the Malaysians stick to their side of the deal Jones is not capable of sticking to his side. I just feel the guy has lost it.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:Positive as most of you about Next Season, I first of all believe Dave Jones should Go NOW, as he is a Nearly Man who fails time and time again at the Final Hurdle, Just look at the last 2 seasons Never mind the previous 12 Seasons. Bottled it at Preston Away and Sheff Wed, A Disgrace against Ipswich home on Our last Ever game at Ninian Park, Wembley bottled it against Portsmouth and we played a very ordinary Blackpool team at Wembley and he could get the formation right for that, also if you cant motivate your team for the play off Final when will you ? He has had 5 years, does he need another 5 years ?
I Rem everyone saying he should go after the Sheff Wed game, then saying oh ok maybe another year, well he has had it.
Burnley and Blackpool to of the poorest teams in the Championship BOTH OUT WITTED HIM and WANTED IT MORE THAN US, and ALSO HAD MANAGERS WHO DONT BOTTLE IT. DJ never Says a Leader or hard man WHY ?

I also Dont believe we will have All this Big money everyone thinks for next Season, I still say at least 2 players will be Sold before We buy and there is Still a Transfer Embargo on us, So first lets pay the Tax Man and All our Other Debts, then lets see if the Malaysians will Really Spend,Because in my Opinion they wont Spend like everyone thinks.

Sorry Just MY HONEST OPINION.

I tend to agree with everything you've said about DJ

However.

Next season (with or without lots of money to spend) I think the manager will have the full backing of the board
and everyone will be pulling in the same direction for a change. SO....

Maybe for once... we should ALL just swallow hard and give jones 100%, get behind him and the new board and
get behind whichever players end up here next season!!!

That start of season a few years ago where we were flying and thrashing everyone CAN be repeated. Lets be
loud proud and positive!!!

Yep, I know, it goes against the grain, We're Welsh, and we're moaning fuckers. I'm so tempted to just agree with
everything you say and thing 'f**k him'.... But lets surprise him and give him muchos supportos :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 11:47 am

I'm in the 50/50 camp on DJ, but now he is staying we have to get behind him & the team. Like someone else said earlier, the club can't afford to sack him now, but i would have thought that his contract has been ammended with a view to future performance & results.

Wed May 26, 2010 12:27 pm

I think that it is hugely important that Jones stays.
If we do have to sell the nucleus of our team we need somebody that can steady the ship and guide us at least to mid table.

Changing Managers under a new regime could see us ending up like QPR.

Wed May 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There are some great posts above both for and against Jones.
nd Warnock
I'm not going to repeat any of them but just give a personal opinion of last Saturday. I was sat in Block 551 which looked directly down on the 2 technical areas.

Holloway kicked and tackled every ball with his players he was the 12th man and drove them onto their deserved success. In contrast Jones stood ridged as normal and made no effort to encourage his side even when the 4 mins of injury time went up and we were moments from missing out on £90m.

For me that is the missing link in his flawed management. Just from viewing his pitch side demeanour you can hazard a very good guess to how inspirational he is in the dressing room when compared directly with Holloway.
I wish he would go, but we are stuck with him for another 12 months (will ever end?) so we have to make the most of a bad job and get behind him, even though every sinew of my instinct tells me it’s a hopeless cause.

I don't think DJ is ever going to be your fist pumping, kick every ball type Manager like Holloway and Warnock but i do not think this means he is unable to inspire in the dressing room. If you take Bothroyd for example no other Manager as managed to get the performances out of him that Dave Jones has and there are other examples of him picking up players that seem to have lost their way and turning them into very good players at Cardiff City.

I agree with many that he has flaws such as his beloved 4 2 4 and also has is favourites but we did finish 4th which was a big improvement from last season we were also the width of a cross bar and the post from becoming a premiership Club. If DJ had been given the 'golden ticket' money we would without a doubt of had a larger squad and a adequate replacement for Bothroyd on Saturday. It would seem utter madness to sack a Manager who got us to 4th in the Championship especially when he had Peter Liesdale as Chairman and i am not convinced that 2 of the alternatives mentioned in Darren Ferguson and Neil Warnock are better than Dave Jones?

So lets see if we are allowed to strengthen the squad and get behind DJ for one more season he knows as do we all that it's shit or bust next season and one thing is for sure whether we agree with DJ or not we will all be there supporting the boys next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 1:23 pm

I feel its vital that DJ is allowed to keep the players he wants and bring in extra. If he has to go into this season with what he has or less he is not going to handle it. Its going to be bad enough to pick himself up with waht he has so an injection on top of what he has built is neccessary and alot of it as well.

Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 pm

blueheaven wrote:
I don't think DJ is ever going to be your fist pumping, kick every ball type Manager like Holloway and Warnock but i do not think this means he is unable to inspire in the dressing room. If you take Bothroyd for example no other Manager as managed to get the performances out of him that Dave Jones has and there are other examples of him picking up players that seem to have lost their way and turning them into very good players at Cardiff City.

I agree with many that he has flaws such as his beloved 4 2 4 and also has is favourites but we did finish 4th which was a big improvement from last season we were also the width of a cross bar and the post from becoming a premiership Club. If DJ had been given the 'golden ticket' money we would without a doubt of had a larger squad and a adequate replacement for Bothroyd on Saturday. It would seem utter madness to sack a Manager who got us to 4th in the Championship especially when he had Peter Liesdale as Chairman and i am not convinced that 2 of the alternatives mentioned in Darren Ferguson and Neil Warnock are better than Dave Jones?

So lets see if we are allowed to strengthen the squad and get behind DJ for one more season he knows as do we all that it's shit or bust next season and one thing is for sure whether we agree with DJ or not we will all be there supporting the boys next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm not sure DJ is the one who turned Bothroyd around because the has player himself has admitted Cardiff was his last chance. In anycase one player doesn't make a team and it is the ability to galvanise the whole team/squad which is important, not individual players.

Jones has never displayed an adbility to motivate in the same way Holloway does and that is a flaw.

Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
blueheaven wrote:

I'm not sure DJ is the one who turned Bothroyd around because the has player himself has admitted Cardiff was his last chance. In anycase one player doesn't make a team and it is the ability to galvanise the whole team/squad which is important, not individual players.

Jones has never displayed an adbility to motivate in the same way Holloway does and that is a flaw.

There's another thing to think about though. Luck. Does anyone at all doubt we'd now be a Premier Club had
Dave Jones signed Charlie Adams and he had been with us not Blackpool. Adams looks a nailed on Premier player,
but they weren't all queueing up to sign him were they? Does anyone think Blackpool would have gone up without
him??

Jones has signed quality strikers, quality defenders, but NEVER has he shored up our midfield with a box to box
player who can pass/tackle/shoot.

I'm living in hope for the next few months

Wed May 26, 2010 3:50 pm

And WE will have to live in, while DJ Remains as he wont get a player who stands up for himself, he even shot Gerrard down.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And WE will have to live in, while DJ Remains as he wont get a player who stands up for himself, he even shot Gerrard down.

I don't know the story but you are saying that Gerrard had a go at DJ and DJ shot him down is that right? If so you have said that you would like Boothroyd or Warnock here, don't you think they would have done the same? maybe he wants players who realise he is the boss and he won't take any shit from them. If that is the case I can't fault him, who would want the players running the dressing room, surely it has to be the manager?

Wed May 26, 2010 4:10 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:And WE will have to live in, while DJ Remains as he wont get a player who stands up for himself, he even shot Gerrard down.

I don't know the story but you are saying that Gerrard had a go at DJ and DJ shot him down is that right? YES If so you have said that you would like Boothroyd or Warnock here No I said I wanted at the beg of the SEASON Warnock,Fergusson or Holloway., don't you think they would have done the same? maybe he wants players who realise he is the boss and he won't take any shit from them. If that is the case I can't fault him, who would want the players running the dressing room, surely it has to be the manager?

My Old friend, Rem I told you Dave Jones would blow it again, because that is him all over, bottle trouble.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Annis i cant help but think that ur dislike of Jones is more on a personal level than his abilities to manage. I keep reading about no plan b and cant motivate the players etc. First of all, to have a plan b he has to have the players at his disposal to put it into practice. I personally dont think Jones had that this year, and if he was able to strengthen in january i have no doubt that we would be in the premier league now. Remember, the accusation of having no plan b is often levelled at arsene wenger, do u think he should be sacked? Guardiola also lacked a plan b against inter! both these coaches had far better players at their disposal yet never opted for plan b.
Secondly motivation, after losing against barnsley at home this year, i honestly said to the boys i cant see us getting another point this season yet jones managed to motivate the players to go on a brilliant unbeaten run to finish fourth in the league against all odds with all the off field bollocks and being unable to strengthen having already lined up players!! Then the players dug in to get past leicester. We were all disappointed with saturdays game but i think losing jay early on was a massive blow. Personally i would have brought on mccormack or another midfielder cos etuhu is complete shit and i dont know what jones sees in him, but to blame the defeat on lack of motivation i find bizarre. I remember wimbledon beat liverpool in the cup final but would u say dalglish couldnt motivate his players. these things happen thats why we watch football or we would never have beaten leeds in the fa cup.
As for Darren Ferguson, peterboro were bottom when he was sacked!! and u may reply he had less resources and i will say yes and we finished 4th. Warnock has also had mixed reviews at sheff utd so i dont see where ur coming from. Yes jones has his faults but so do far better managers at far bigger clubs. As for ian holloway yes he's done a great job at blackpool but he was shit at leicester and if i follow ur argument he failed to motivate his players in our play off final against qpr.
So come on lads lets give jones a break and i know i for one will be singing davey jones barmy army next season (even if i'm on my own)

Wed May 26, 2010 6:41 pm

At the end of every season in the championship Ive head the same old crap by people. Were going to finsh mid table or were going to be in a relegation battle :roll: :roll:

Why should DJ get the sack because he never won the play-off final at least we got there. Who else can we get who can do a better job?

He's so crap West Ham were thinking of him

Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Annis I believe we have every right to be positive about next season.

Firstly Ridsdale will be gone. :ayatollah:

The Taxman will be paid. :ayatollah:

We will have a club to support. :ayatollah:

Right on to the serious business, Dave Jones. I really am on the fence with him, at the start of this season we disagreed on whether he should still be manager and I said it's the play offs at minimum, well he achieved that so in that aspect he has succeeded. But, and there is always a but, I also appreciate that he has failed on many occassions too, sometimes it can be argued that he is either too stubborn to change it or cant see it, Peterbrough away was an example of that.

On Saturday I started a thread on here asking whether Burke should start, it was my opinion that we should have gone 4-5-1 to counter what we knew Blackpool would play and in that system I felt that Burke should not have started, especially on current form, I am not suggesting that my system would have won the game but I believe a lot of us felt on Saturday we could'nt handle their 3 in the middle. So yes I agree that he may not be the man for the job but the flip side to your arguement would be, has Dave Jones had the backing of the board ?

In my opinion he has not fully. Ok we can argue that he had the biggest budget in August and chose to spend a large amount of it on Chopra but you would have to agree that it was successful in that Chopra ended up scoring over 20 goals. What could have been if DJ had recieved our money that PR promised ?

On to the Malaysians, I tink that the Malaysians will back DJ and that he will be given money to spend, I dont believe they will throw money at him and I think players will be sold but I believe they will give him what he requires to do what is expected. TG may try to come over as a prudent calm businessman but no one can tell me he didnt get caught up in the ecstacy during the semi finals against Leicester, he reminded me of Sam Hammam to be honest, and also I cant see a top business man like Vincent Tan not wanting a top team to match his already impressive portfolio, they have not come here to run a football club on a shoestring, they have come here to reach the premiership, plain and simple, quickly as possible.

So for me this is Dave Jones' final crack unlike last year, for me it is promotion and nothing else.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:12 pm

kingdong wrote:At the end of every season in the championship Ive head the same old crap by people. Were going to finsh mid table or were going to be in a relegation battle :roll: :roll:

Why should DJ get the sack because he never won the play-off final at least we got there. Who else can we get who can do a better job?

He's so crap West Ham were thinking of him

I promise you they NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF HIM.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:Annis I believe we have every right to be positive about next season.

:ayatollah:

Right on to the serious business, Dave Jones. I really am on the fence with him, at the start of this season we disagreed on whether he should still be manager and I said it's the play offs at minimum, well he achieved that so in that aspect he has succeeded. But, and there is always a but, I also appreciate that he has failed on many occassions too, sometimes it can be argued that he is either too stubborn to change it or cant see it, Peterbrough away was an example of that.

On Saturday I started a thread on here asking whether Burke should start, it was my opinion that we should have gone 4-5-1 to counter what we knew Blackpool would play and in that system I felt that Burke should not have started, especially on current form, I am not suggesting that my system would have won the game but I believe a lot of us felt on Saturday we could'nt handle their 3 in the middle. So yes I agree that he may not be the man for the job but the flip side to your arguement would be, has Dave Jones had the backing of the board ?

In my opinion he has not fully. Ok we can argue that he had the biggest budget in August and chose to spend a large amount of it on Chopra but you would have to agree that it was successful in that Chopra ended up scoring over 20 goals. What could have been if DJ had recieved our money that PR promised ?

On to the Malaysians, I tink that the Malaysians will back DJ and that he will be given money to spend, I dont believe they will throw money at him and I think players will be sold but I believe they will give him what he requires to do what is expected. TG may try to come over as a prudent calm businessman but no one can tell me he didnt get caught up in the ecstacy during the semi finals against Leicester, he reminded me of Sam Hammam to be honest, and also I cant see a top business man like Vincent Tan not wanting a top team to match his already impressive portfolio, they have not come here to run a football club on a shoestring, they have come here to reach the premiership, plain and simple, quickly as possible.

So for me this is Dave Jones' final crack unlike last year, for me it is promotion and nothing else.

Carl, this is whats great about This Forum, I dont agree with you, but We wont fall out or call each other names :lol: , I Only See the Malaysians sorting our Finances out First, then cut backs, letting Jones get on with more failure, then weve missed the boat thanks to him once again and the following year The Malaysians might then put more in for spending, I see consolidation next season.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Annis I believe we have every right to be positive about next season.

Carl, this is whats great about This Forum, I dont agree with you, but We wont fall out or call each other names :lol: , I Only See the Malaysians sorting our Finances out First, then cut backs, letting Jones get on with more failure, then weve missed the boat thanks to him once again and the following year The Malaysians might then put more in for spending, I see consolidation next season.

I said to anyone who would listen, that last season we had the best 1-11 any manager could have wanted and in the final 12 games they were available and look at the results :D

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm

i hate this time of the year, rumors about this rumoprs about that, guessing whos going/staying.
we know the malaysians are good buisness men thats proven, we know at present we have a team capable of beating every other team in the championship, we just have to believe (until told officially(and i include carls input in that)) that all are staying nobody is going apart from the ones announced on the offical site. and not be negetive, be positive in the belief that next year is our year.

so i hate they are all going and were are going to be fighting a relegation battle for 2 years and another 3 years trying to get back to the top.

NO were NOT them buisness men know they have a good investment that can be a great investment with a fast turnaround in profit if they do it right, NOW not in a year or two's time.

and i say it again ANNIS give dai another year :D

Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:i hate this time of the year, rumors about this rumoprs about that, guessing whos going/staying.
we know the malaysians are good buisness men thats proven, we know at present we have a team capable of beating every other team in the championship, we just have to believe (until told officially(and i include carls input in that)) that all are staying nobody is going apart from the ones announced on the offical site. and not be negetive, be positive in the belief that next year is our year.

so i hate they are all going and were are going to be fighting a relegation battle for 2 years and another 3 years trying to get back to the top.

NO were NOT them buisness men know they have a good investment that can be a great investment with a fast turnaround in profit if they do it right, NOW not in a year or two's time.

and i say it again ANNIS give dai another year :D

Andy
Sorry I cant :lol: :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 9:44 pm

The way I see it is why buy a club and then not push it forward? I remember watching football focus last year and they had the Steve mcmanaman on there talking about Birmingham, he was saying that the new owner was coming in and that he wanted to consolidate a position in the premier and there will be cutbacks and a tighter hold on the purse strings than previous owners, then within two weeks they spent meaty £20 million on Johnson and the lad up front and harts loan fee. Mac was then asked again why they said they were going to keep things tight and then spent? And he answered if we told people we had money the price of the players we wanted would of been 25-50 percent higher !! Carson yong is a business man of the highest level along with tg and tan!! Let's hope they are similar,, because let's face it we ghave all had enough of the riddlers bullshit and promises he has broken.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

I don't know the story but you are saying that Gerrard had a go at DJ and DJ shot him down is that right? YES If so you have said that you would like Boothroyd or Warnock here No I said I wanted at the beg of the SEASON Warnock,Fergusson or Holloway., don't you think they would have done the same? maybe he wants players who realise he is the boss and he won't take any shit from them. If that is the case I can't fault him, who would want the players running the dressing room, surely it has to be the manager?

My Old friend, Rem I told you Dave Jones would blow it again, because that is him all over, bottle trouble.

Let's give him a pre season with a bit of cash to spend and also keeping our best players and I honestly think we will get automatic next season, we will never agree on Jonesy but hopefully by the end of next season we will both be thanking him for taking us into the promised land!! :ayatollah: