Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Merthyr to be playing at Taffs Well next season

Wed May 26, 2010 8:04 am

Midfield general wrote:The administrator is kicking them out of Penydarren Park as a developer seems to have got the lease for the ground. Seems the end for the Martyrs

damn shame that and I just hope that the club keep their identity and dont fade into non existance or god forbid the welsh league ?

Wed May 26, 2010 8:39 am

Terrible news

Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 am

This has been known for some time, I just wasnt allowed to say anything.
Its not going to be the same, but it will still be a people club..
I really feel for the week in week out people

Wed May 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Nearer for me but a club looses its identity if it moves away from its roots. If they can do what Newport did (albeit for different reasons) then there is hope. Surely there are other options in the Merthyr area.

I was looking forward to a few visits to Pendaryn next season. I will pop along and see them at Taffs Well but will the pitch take all that extra football as it is not the best surface.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:31 pm

on sunday,my boy asked me if cardiff were to fold who would we support,my reply was merthyr,and just to help me out they are moving 20 miles closer to me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:50 pm

didnt think they could build anything on there because of the roman fort under it

Wed May 26, 2010 5:20 pm

tomo wrote:didnt think they could build anything on there because of the roman fort under it

yeh thats what i thought ?

on the bright side taffs well ground is only 500 yrds from me.
may get to watch a few games on the times i cant get away or even week night games