Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OPINION OPINION OPINION

Wed May 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Denzil wrote:Its a hard one when we have just finished 4th, and my instinct is stability and another year.only problem is if it all goes tits up by xmas,whoever come in will have to play it with whatever players jones has managed to buy/loan and not his.

Like Redknapp did, like ancelotti did - Each manager has his ways, tactics, methods, training.... etc as long as all the players dig deep for 46 games we should make it....

Jones still deserves the chance to rebuild his team with some money from the (new) board, and see how it goes til xmas - then we can decide and judge from there..... Don't expect too much transfer activity over the next 2 weeks though, because most of the management team and players from alot of clubs have now gone on their personal holidays. Jones has already left for Dubai i believe.....

Wed May 26, 2010 5:49 pm

well that was last season..and i think you might find that that person has since changed his mind.
Dave Jones is a class manager, just had to sell off his best places and find new ones..he is not perfect
but Holloway been lucky this season, i have friends who are plymouth fans and a couple of Leicester fans, all glad to see the back of him

but this is Cardiff, and fans love having a 'go'...now pR is gone, Dave is the next target

Wed May 26, 2010 5:51 pm

langley wrote:well that was last season..and i think you might find that that person has since changed his mind.
Dave Jones is a class manager, just had to sell off his best places and find new ones..he is not perfect
but Holloway been lucky this season, i have friends who are plymouth fans and a couple of Leicester fans, all glad to see the back of him

but this is Cardiff, and fans love having a 'go'...now pR is gone, Dave is the next target

No I have never been a DJ fan and have stuck to it NO MATTER WHAT for 5 years, NEVER ONCE CHANGED MY MIND, But I Will back all the players he brings in because they will be wearing OUR SHIRTS/COLOURS :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm

thats all wec an do,is back the guys who wear he shirts,
i was not a Dave Jones fan first 2 years, i know you could call him the nearly man, but what he has done for this club is truly amazing,
i am so glad he is our manager, not perfect, but is has experiance,look how long it took fergie to get man u going
and ipswich made the playoffs 3 times before they went up..
now is the time for stability, all around, and if us fans can start getting along..then wwell maybe who knows
lets all pull in the right direction and just maybe next season could be a good one

Wed May 26, 2010 6:42 pm

can't see jones ever getting us to the promised land, he's a "Bottler" IMO. Never going to happen while he's in charge.

Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 pm

This is the last time I'll comment on the Jones issue. We've improved every season under him. The minute he does worse I will back his departure but until then I'm backing him. Seriously, how spoilt are we if we want to sack a manager who has improved every season he's been with us?!

Wed May 26, 2010 6:51 pm

How can you call jones a bottler??????????? the players cross the line+ perform or under perform,people who make comments like this have never played the game,and before you start.....yes it does matter if you have played the game as you will have a footballers perspective on things and not a passionate fan who stands watching and thinks they can do better.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:16 pm

how do you know that I haven't played the game professionally ?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:24 pm

moonmouse wrote:how do you know that I haven't played the game professionally ?

by the comments you have made!if you had been a player you would know the players bottle it. managers get tactics,signings wrong etc,but players bottle it mate

Wed May 26, 2010 8:00 pm

We have blown a golden opportunity and I'm still livid at the complete lack of tactical awareness Jones showed once again. You can bet your life Holloway had all the angles covered whilst Jones just chanced on everything clicking into place.

I also believe we had the rub of the green in a number of matches towards the end of the season that could have gone either way - Coventry away when we got a pen for handball and they had an identical shout turned down, Jacks when their forward should really have scored just before our winner and Sheff Wed when their sub's shot hit the inside of the post are just a few. Also a number of fancied teams that I expected to sustain a challenge had poor seasons and will be stronger next season, therefore, IMHO I don't think Jones will get us anywhere near the playoffs next year.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Blue'76' wrote:We have blown a golden opportunity and I'm still livid at the complete lack of tactical awareness Jones showed once again. You can bet your life Holloway had all the angles covered whilst Jones just chanced on everything clicking into place.

I also believe we had the rub of the green in a number of matches towards the end of the season that could have gone either way - Coventry away when we got a pen for handball and they had an identical shout turned down, Jacks when their forward should really have scored just before our winner and Sheff Wed when their sub's shot hit the inside of the post are just a few. Also a number of fancied teams that I expected to sustain a challenge had poor seasons and will be stronger next season, therefore, IMHO I don't think Jones will get us anywhere near the playoffs next year.

Things like you have mentioned ( good fortune ) do tend to even out over the season. Ross hit the bar when we were drawing with the jacks, Barnsley score in injury time when we should have won that game, Feeny had a perfectly a legitimate goal disallowed against Blackpool, we should have had a pen against Newcastle, Chops has hit the wood work 17 times this season, the most damming of all was twice on Saturday.
Last edited by Joff on Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Like any profession wether a football manager or bricklayer you are judged on your performance as it happens year on year he has improved the teams results that alone is reason not to dismiss him. I must admit over the years I have been a bit confused by his decisions on occasions but one thing I did not want after Saturday is to lose DJ I think we would have spiralled even further. If you get rid of someone who is performing then you have to get someone in to replace him who is better, sorry at the moment I cannot see any other manager out of work up to scratch. However we feel about him and everyone is welcome to their opinion we need to get behind him and the team to ensure we repeat last seasons performance.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Jones Out.

1) No Plan B.

2) Thinks the swansea match is just another game. ( i bet when he played for everton, he didn't think the merseyside derby was ''just another game'')

3) He extended Mark :old: Kennedy for another season!

Wed May 26, 2010 8:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If he is on a rolling contract can't thye give him his years notice now and then say they will have talks on a new contract come the end of the season?

This ;)

Wed May 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Riddler reckons we were the 3rd HIGHEST SPENDERS IN THIS DIVISION.

and we believe anything this clown says?

Thu May 27, 2010 6:53 am

2blue2handle wrote:If he is on a rolling contract can't thye give him his years notice now and then say they will have talks on a new contract come the end of the season?

Rolling contracts are strange things altogether. Aren't you a solicitor or something 2b2h? If so it might be worth checking if DJ could launch an employment tribunal claim against the club if they did that as the reason for dismissal (the notice) was for reasons of changing his terms and conditions, which would be unfair (in law if not morally) in my limited legal opinion.