Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OPINION OPINION OPINION

Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 pm

As I say just My Opinion, Dave Jones is only being kept on for now as they cant afford to pay him off £800,000. Shoot me down if you want But I know for a Fact one Senior person on the Board wanted him gone Last Season.

Re: OPINION OPINION OPINION

Wed May 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As I say just My Opinion, Dave Jones is only being kept on for now as they cant afford to pay him off £800,000. Shoot me down if you want But I know for a Fact one Senior person on the Board wanted him gone Last Season.

Has he taken that pay cut that, or was that a rumour ?

Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:As I say just My Opinion, Dave Jones is only being kept on for now as they cant afford to pay him off £800,000. Shoot me down if you want But I know for a Fact one Senior person on the Board wanted him gone Last Season.

Sadly No he has not.

Wed May 26, 2010 3:59 pm

the ''senior figure'' isnt the only one.
my main gripe with jones is his arragonce, his attitude towards us fans, he hates us, the way he is with his players and the way he handles himself in the media, its cringy sometimes. as for on field things i wont even start. its my opinion im not a dj fan and people that no me will know i never have been.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

milly44 wrote:the ''senior figure'' isnt the only one.
my main gripe with jones is his arragonce, his attitude towards us fans, he hates us, the way he is with his players and the way he handles himself in the media, its cringy sometimes. as for on field things i wont even start. its my opinion im not a dj fan and people that no me will know i never have been.

Milly on many many times last Season, he told the players to f**k the fans and he didnt care about us. That hurt.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:the ''senior figure'' isnt the only one.

Milly on many many times last Season, he told the players to f**k the fans and he didnt care about us. That hurt.

i know, and guess who help to pay his massive wages ?

i never have liked him, i have a liitle bro who doesnt share my opinion, iv spent all year giving him kidney shots in the canton over dave jones, im convinced hes turning know though :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:08 pm

With his rolling contract surely it will always cost £800,000 to replace him. Are they hoping he'll leave of his own accord ( not likely really) or how can they possibly ever get rid of him without them having to pay that one years salary?

If we are bottom of the table by Christmas and they want shot of him it'll still cost a bloody fortune!

Couldn't they have perhaps renegotiated his contract to a fixed term at least?

Wed May 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Surely that means that a number of Senior People on the Board wanted him to stay last season?

In my opinion last season was completely different to this.

Dave Jones is a fantastic manager at Championship Level. He has his issues or he would be a Premier League Manager by now. The only way we would improve would be to get a Premier League Manager in. Who the hell do you think is going to come in?! Curbishley? Hughes?

The names you mentioned in a previous thread are a joke, Ian Holloway for as brilliant a season he has had is a Premier League manager by name alone IMO. He will not cut it up there, when the chips are down and they are getting thumped he will be fuckin useless. Another name you mentioned is Darren Ferguson!? Absolutely no pedigree at all at this level never mind the Premiership.

Now Annis, everyone is allowed their opinion but I think you're letting your judgement become clouded because of your personal thoughts about DJ. That's my opinion anyhow. I think the bloke is an absolute clown on times and the way he has treated a friend of mine on the playing staff previously I'm aware he can be a swarmy tw*t. But there is no one else out there at the moment. He got us within 90mins of the Premiership (albeit we didn't perform on the day) and he deserves a final chance.
Last edited by Dan on Wed May 26, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

davids wrote:With his rolling contract surely it will always cost £800,000 to replace him. Are they hoping he'll leave of his own accord ( not likely really) or how can they possibly ever get rid of him without them having to pay that one years salary?

If we are bottom of the table by Christmas and they want shot of him it'll still cost a bloody fortune!

I will be finding out after tomorrow.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bartlett_bluebird wrote:

Sadly No he has not.

I thought that if we stayed in the Championship DJ's contract was to be changed, i mean a salary reduction? With his current one year rolling contract, thanks to PR, he could be with us for years, regardless of poor performance.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:With his rolling contract surely it will always cost £800,000 to replace him. Are they hoping he'll leave of his own accord ( not likely really) or how can they possibly ever get rid of him without them having to pay that one years salary?

I will be interested to know the answer ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will be interested to know the answer ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And Me :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Whether we like him or not - it doesn't matter. He's here for the forseeable future - and we need to get behind him and the team. It wont look good us not supporting the mananger when we serioulsy need to get to the premier league. TG has put trust in dave jones - and we should respect his decision - after all - if it wasnt for him we probably wouldn't have much of a club left to support now!

Besides, Jones has improved year on year, and to sack him now would just be crazy. Initially I was fuming and angry with Jones and the players, but after the emotions of last weekend have worn off, and having the time to think about whats happening here, Jones, for now, is our best option. Yes I think it's fair to say that Jones has made mistakes in the past, and wasted a little money, But he's only human - and ALL managers make mistakes. Thus said, He's achieved 4th place, got us to Wembley, we've battered the wurzels, been to chelsea, been to Villa park, beat the jacks, had some amazing games (6-1 Derby) (6-0 Brizzle) watched some fantastic attacking football etc etc.... and all this with NO money to re-invest/strengthen in January.

Now is the time for Cardiff fans to wake up and take note of whats in front of us, what was nearly taken away from us, we've ousted Ridsdale, and TG and hopefully VT are on board. We can push on from here, Support Jonesy, and get this team where it belongs - up in the premier league.

"David Jones' Barmy Army" ! will be sung from the terraces next season as it has for the last 5! :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Merlin wrote:Whether we like him or not - it doesn't matter. He's here for the forseeable future - and we need to get behind him and the team. It wont look good us not supporting the mananger when we serioulsy need to get to the premier league. TG has put trust in dave jones - and we should respect his decision - after all - if it wasnt for him we probably wouldn't have much of a club left to support now!

Besides, Jones has improved year on year, and to sack him now would just be crazy. Initially I was fuming and angry with Jones and the players, but after the emotions of last weekend have worn off, and having the time to think about whats happening here, Jones, for now, is our best option. Yes I think it's fair to say that Jones has made mistakes in the past, and wasted a little money, But he's only human - and ALL managers make mistakes. Thus said, He's achieved 4th place, got us to Wembley, we've battered the wurzels, been to chelsea, been to Villa park, beat the jacks, had some amazing games (6-1 Derby) (6-0 Brizzle) watched some fantastic attacking football etc etc.... and all this with NO money to re-invest/strengthen in January.

Now is the time for Cardiff fans to wake up and take note of whats in front of us, what was nearly taken away from us, we've ousted Ridsdale, and TG and hopefully VT are on board. We can push on from here, Support Jonesy, and get this team where it belongs - up in the premier league.

"David Jones' Barmy Army" ! will be sung from the terraces next season as it has for the last 5! :ayatollah:

Merlin, Never ever been Sung by Me :lol: :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:21 pm

or me :lol:
i sing it, but as soon as someone throws in a davey jones i stop, chippy loses the plot with me over it :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Whether we like him or not - it doesn't matter. He's here for the forseeable future - and we need to get behind him and the team. It wont look good us not supporting the mananger when we serioulsy need to get to the premier league. TG has put trust in dave jones - and we should respect his decision - after all - if it wasnt for him we probably wouldn't have much of a club left to support now!

Regardless mate. It will still be sung.... we just have to get on with it, and give the whole of the club our full backing for the time being - lets judge again at christmas time IF jones spends money!

Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Just can't get those words to come out of my mouth I'm afraid.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:26 pm

at least Ali has stopped playing that awful Counting Crows song "Mr Jones" before the games now.

Always used to make me want to vomit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:32 pm

This thread wasnt about the song anyway, It is about Dave Jones and Cardiff City - he's our manager, so nothing to do accept get used to it! :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Merlin wrote:This thread wasnt about the song anyway, It is about Dave Jones and Cardiff City - he's our manager, so nothing to do accept get used to it! :ayatollah:

your too cool to sing anyway merlin ;) :ugeek:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Merlin wrote:This thread wasnt about the song anyway, It is about Dave Jones and Cardiff City - he's our manager, so nothing to do accept get used to it! :ayatollah:

:cry: :cry:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:41 pm

The Riddler reckons we were the 3rd HIGHEST SPENDERS IN THIS DIVISION.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:44 pm

If he's on a year-by-year rolling contract, then his fixed term contract will have come to an end, thus meaning that the club would be able to get rid of DJ for free. Glad they haven't though.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 pm

milly44 wrote:

Easy tiger..... I was too cool to cry until Saturday at 4.55pm! :crybaby:

:lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Merlin wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Easy tiger..... I was too cool to cry until Saturday at 4.55pm! :crybaby:

:lol:

and me, but you had sun glasses on to cover it :cry:

Wed May 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Riddler reckons we were the 3rd HIGHEST SPENDERS IN THIS DIVISION.

Ridsdale says a lot of things doesn't he?!

Wed May 26, 2010 4:50 pm

If he is on a rolling contract can't thye give him his years notice now and then say they will have talks on a new contract come the end of the season?

Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If he is on a rolling contract can't thye give him his years notice now and then say they will have talks on a new contract come the end of the season?

Thats what i thought.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:53 pm

We have to give him one more chance lads - Simply because TG has!!!

I am NOT a fan of Jones at all, but dont think we can pat TG on the back and hug
him for booting cuntchops out, then in the next breath mug him off for keeping
the manager.

We appear to be in a positive position as a club for the first time in years, lets
try and be positive about DJ.

Erm... I know it aint easy like. But TG deserves our backing if no-one else?

Wed May 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Its a hard one when we have just finished 4th, and my instinct is stability and another year.only problem is if it all goes tits up by xmas,whoever come in will have to play it with whatever players jones has managed to buy/loan and not his.