Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan and the Malaysian investors ????

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:13 am

It's all gone a bit quiet ????

Any updates, if we were sure they were coming on board, with a large investment, why do we need season ticket money for next year, for new players in the transfer window ????

I suppose if the money is coming, but not yet it will give us a chance of promotion, which again might make buying us look more favourable ????

Annis, TNT, anyone any news?????
Last edited by Bluebina on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Vincent Tann and the potential investors ????

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 am

Bluebina wrote:It's all gone a bit quiet ????

Any updates, if we were sure they were coming on board, with a large investment, why do we need season ticket money for next year, for new players in the transfer window ????

I suppose if the money is coming, but not yet it will give us a chance of promotion, which again might make buying us look more favourable ????

The party line is that IF they come in its unlikely to be done in time to affect our January trade.

Due diligence can be a painful process, but it is worryingly quiet on this front at the mo.

Re: Vincent Tann and the potential investors ????

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:19 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Bluebina wrote:It's all gone a bit quiet ????

The party line is that IF they come in its unlikely to be done in time to affect our January trade.

Due diligence can be a painful process, but it is worryingly quiet on this front at the mo.

Cheers, I suppose that does sound logical and makes sense, why blow a good start this year, and waste a promotion opportunity...... at least it's a positive twist if nothing else. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Vincent Tan and the Malaysian investors ????

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Dave Jones said yesterday in his live web chat that Due Dilligence is taking place?

So we'll see what happens..... :?:

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:00 pm

The petition to wind us up may have been withdrawn but we still have to pay off the HMRC which won't happen until early February.

Due diligence by definition means no-one 'invests' or 'buys' a company until such debts are cleared. It is my opinion nothing will happen until then but once the debt is cleared then I fully expect Tan's Gang to come on board.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Bluebina,
The malaysians have not gone away but I believe they are not prepared to give as much money per share as Ridsdale wanted, they will be coming back in mid Jan with a new offer, so I believe, So PR will be expected to use our season ticket money on new players lol.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:26 pm

When we have people like Keith Harris in our corner, i'm sure some sort of deal will be trashed out.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hi Bluebina,
The malaysians have not gone away but I believe they are not prepared to give as much money per share as Ridsdale wanted, they will be coming back in mid Jan with a new offer, so I believe, So PR will be expected to use our season ticket money on new players lol.

Maybe thats the gamble he's playing.

bring new players in using the ST money to improve the side, get good results and get us into a strong position where promotion is looking a real possibility , THEREFORE strengthening his position regardign asking price ??

If this is the case (and its only a wild guess) a very clever move by PR , gamble (our) seasn ticket money on a big improvement in the share price offer which will be of massive benefit to him and the other major sharegholders - even DJ will benefit !!

Problem is, what if it doesnt work ??

Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hi Bluebina,

Cheers Pal,

It's going to be an interesting couple of months and end to the season, I can't wait !!!!