Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm undecided about DJ

Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Really cant make my mind up on him.

On hand we have finished in the top 4, got to a cup final and produced some unbelievable performances in the past few years.

On the other hand we have won f**k all and bottled big occasions.

Re: I'm undecided about DJ

Wed May 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Really cant make my mind up on him.

On hand we have finished in the top 4, got to a cup final and produced some unbelievable performances in the past few years.

Your Final Sentence is DJ'S Problem.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah and the fact that he is stubborn and played hudson instead of gerrard cost us on saturday in my opinion.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I sorry Annis but i am so undecded as well about DJ.

Fair play to him he has improved us every year, we have been to Wembley 3 times in 3 years. Finished in the top 4.

Bought some great players to the club

Chopra
Burke
Fowler
Hasselbaink
Sinclair
Johnson
Burke
Koumas

and more i forgotten.

But yes at the last hurdle he has always fallen.

And also it seems some people in the dressing room do not get on with him.

im confused about him lol :lol: :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 9:36 pm

His record for us is pretty good, but i prefer to win more games when behind his 7 from 100+ games when goal down is crap.As for a plan B i never seen one yet surely they plan a game to oppositions strengths weakness.

Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 am

chippy909 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I sorry Annis but i am so undecded as well about DJ.

Fair play to him he has improved us every year, we have been to Wembley 3 times in 3 years. Finished in the top 4.

Bought some great players to the club

Chopra
Burke
Fowler
Hasselbaink
Sinclair
Johnson
Burke
Koumas

and more i forgotten.

But yes at the last hurdle he has always fallen.

And also it seems some people in the dressing room do not get on with him.

im confused about him lol :lol: :lol:

get on the naughty step with billy hunt :twisted:

Thu May 27, 2010 8:41 am

DJ is certainly a contradiction because he can motivate individual players but not a team as a whole. This probably causes the 'favourite' syndrome which can home to roost.

Jones’ decision to play Hudson has completely undone him this time. Not only was the player a disaster on the pitch (Leicester away was against their second string) but it caused a disaster in the dressing room by upsetting influential players like Anthony Gerrard.

I also think the back 5 as a whole feel nervous when Hudson plays. I haven’t looked at the stats but there was a long run of clean sheets before he reappeared, but 8 goals in 4 games conceded when he returned.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:48 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
I also think the back 5 as a whole feel nervous when Hudson plays. I haven’t looked at the stats but there was a long run of clean sheets before he reappeared, but 8 goals in 4 games conceded when he returned.

Surely DJ can see that if we all can?!

Let's see who he brings in during the summer.... if we start next season with Hudson he needs to go!

Thu May 27, 2010 9:01 am

Bigbluebird wrote:

Let's see who he brings in during the summer.... if we start next season with Hudson he needs to go!

Totally agree.

Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 am

Bigbluebird wrote:

Totally agree.

This is a major concern for me. The stats are very clear about Hudson and our defence. If Jones is going to get all this investment we are hoping for I just hope he is not going to build the defence around Hudson. Our team is as good as its weakest link.