Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Today's EGM

Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 am

What time is it due to start?

What are all the topics due to be brought up during the meeting?

Is anyone reporting back to this board?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Today's EGM

Thu May 27, 2010 7:06 am

Splottoman wrote:What time is it due to start?

Thanks in advance!

10.00 am.

It's all to do with shareholders approving the issuing of new shares in the club, some to be bought by current creditors (PMG, Michael Issac, CMB (Borley)), some to be bought by existing shareholders and the bulk to be bought by TG and Vincent Tan.

Me and Annis are going and I hesitate to say it but I think TLG will be doing a write up. :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:11 am

so does the rumour-mill think that Sam Hammam is going to be offered shares in return for more debt reduction by Langstone ? :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:58 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
Splottoman wrote:What time is it due to start?

Thanks in advance!

10.00 am.

It's all to do with shareholders approving the issuing of new shares in the club, some to be bought by current creditors (PMG, Michael Issac, CMB (Borley)), some to be bought by existing shareholders and the bulk to be bought by TG and Vincent Tan.

Me and Annis are going and I hesitate to say it but I think TLG will be doing a write up. :lol:

Will you be taking your spy pen thing again to record it? :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 8:00 am

Martyn1963 wrote:so does the rumour-mill think that Sam Hammam is going to be offered shares in return for more debt reduction by Langstone ? :ayatollah:

There is no mention in the papers sent out with notice of the meeting of any such share conversion.

One reason would be that Sam`s shares are held through his company Rudgwick , but the club owes the debt to Langston which is a totally different thing legally (even if you believe Sam is Langston`s owner) so such a straight conversion can`t be done.

The only debt for share swaps mentioned are PMG , M Isaac and Borley Engineering each for only part of the debt they are owed.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:03 am

since62 wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:so does the rumour-mill think that Sam Hammam is going to be offered shares in return for more debt reduction by Langstone ? :ayatollah:

There is no mention in the papers sent out with notice of the meeting of any such share conversion.

One reason would be that Sam`s shares are held through his company Rudgwick , but the club owes the debt to Langston which is a totally different thing legally (even if you believe Sam is Langston`s owner) so such a straight conversion can`t be done.

The only debt for share swaps mentioned are PMG , M Isaac and Borley Engineering each for only part of the debt they are owed.

The original idea floated was Langston could take their £5m/naming right bonus as shares if we were promoted, which of course is now redundant. I understand your point, but surely there is nothing stopping Langston taking shares in their own name if this matter was floated again?

Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:

The original idea floated was Langston could take their £5m/naming right bonus as shares if we were promoted, which of course is now redundant. I understand your point, but surely there is nothing stopping Langston taking shares in their own name if this matter was floated again?

We'd probably have to know who Langston is first! :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 am

Owain wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:

We'd probably have to know who Langston is first! :lol:

Fair play I understand the joke, but in practise there is nothing stopping a solicitor acting on behalf of Langston, after all the same corporation took us to court without (almost) revealing who they were.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 am

Slightly off subject but is there a time scale for Borley to build the House of Sport / Hotel or whatever it was for the debt reduction then ? :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 8:28 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Slightly off subject but is there a time scale for Borley to build the House of Sport / Hotel or whatever it was for the debt reduction then ? :ayatollah:

Believe it or not Martyn it should have been built by 31 December 2009! The Council then gave a 12 month extention for building to BEGIN although I remember something about it having to be completed by March/April next year.