Doug Lee, anyone know his background?

Re: New finance director,,,

Thu May 27, 2010 11:55 am

I'm assuming this is the same Doug Lee.

Douglas Lee’s Experience

Finance Director
Celtic Energy Limited
(Mining & Metals industry)
January 2000 — November 2006 (6 years 11 months)
FD during transition from VC to private ownership, taking a personal equity stake, and subsequent onward trade sale.

Manager
PricewaterhouseCoopers
(Privately Held; Accounting industry)
September 1988 — December 1999 (11 years 4 months)

Thu May 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Owain wrote:I'm assuming this is the same Doug Lee.

Douglas Lee’s Experience

Finance Director
Celtic Energy Limited
FD during transition from VC to private ownership, taking a personal equity stake, and subsequent onward trade sale.

Manager
PricewaterhouseCoopers

Any idea where he`s been for the last 3 1/2 years?

Thu May 27, 2010 12:10 pm

HMP for cooking the books :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 12:31 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:HMP for cooking the books :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Don't joke this is Cardiff City and the Malaysian deal has to have something wrong it......

Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

since62 wrote:

Douglas Lee’s Experience

Finance Director
Celtic Energy Limited

Manager
PricewaterhouseCoopers

He is discribed as "Independent Accounting Professional"

Could that mean he was a self-employed Accounting Professional?

Thu May 27, 2010 12:57 pm

There is another Douglas Lee listed on Linkedin as an Independant Sports Professional based in Malaysia. The trouble is you need a Premium Account to view his full profile.

Thu May 27, 2010 1:18 pm

since62 wrote:

Douglas Lee’s Experience

Finance Director
Celtic Energy Limited

Manager
PricewaterhouseCoopers

I've heard on the grapevine that it is the Doug Lee formerly of PWC referred to above. I hear that he's seriously filthy rich, is on a whacking pension and hasn't been working since he left PWC 'cos he doesn't need to. If this is a man who's doing it for the love rather than the money, IMO that's a good sign. You must have run across sometime, Keith?

Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 pm

so what your saying then unlike Riddler and Harris he doesnt need to " reward " himself with " consultancy fees " etc ?

Thu May 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:I've heard on the grapevine that it is the Doug Lee formerly of PWC referred to above. I hear that he's seriously filthy rich, is on a whacking pension and hasn't been working since he left Celtic Energy 'cos he doesn't need to. If this is a man who's doing it for the love rather than the money, IMO that's a good sign. You must have run across sometime, Keith?

Thu May 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:so what your saying then unlike Riddler and Harris he doesnt need to " reward " himself with " consultancy fees " etc ?

I'd hope we put him on the payroll at a reasonable salary. Employing people as consultants always costs an arm and and a leg.

Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

It's comforting to see his involvement with PWC because they don't miss a trick on the financial side!

Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Zabier wrote:It's comforting to see his involvement with PWC because they don't miss a trick on the financial side!

lets hope he examines the books of CCFC thoroughly and can find something naughty on Ridsdale ? :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
Zabier wrote:It's comforting to see his involvement with PWC because they don't miss a trick on the financial side!

lets hope he examines the books of CCFC thoroughly and can find something naughty on Ridsdale ? :ayatollah:

I think we could all do that without too much bother....... :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
Dreamlike or Chic wrote:I've heard on the grapevine that it is the Doug Lee formerly of PWC referred to above. I hear that he's seriously filthy rich, is on a whacking pension and hasn't been working since he left Celtic Energy 'cos he doesn't need to. If this is a man who's doing it for the love rather than the money, IMO that's a good sign. You must have run across sometime, Keith?

Didn`t come across him during the years I was at Coopers and Lybrand (83 to 94) , which was the firm that merged with Price Waterhouse worldwide to become PWC.