Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Future's bright - the futures 'Tanned'

Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am

I've never felt so positive to be a Cardiff City fan. Even when Sam came on board there
were always the tiny little niggles about what had gone before re: Wimbledon, and as much
as we all loved the burning of scarves, the 'bigger than Barcelona' stuff and his undoubted
passion. Sam was (is) a bit of a maverick, the feeling we were only ever a heartbeat away
from disaster never really went away. But we all owe him a huge vote of thanks cos its
down to HIM that Cardiff City ar where we are today!!!

But now we have bona fide big money backing the club, even more reassuring is the obvious
fact that TG and his friends seem determined to run this club like a business, there will be
money made available for players. I personally think they will release more money than they're
letting on and are being careful not to alert possible selling clubs that we have 'cash to splash'..
that in itself would save CCFC about a million quid all told if we buy a few players! They are
being prudent, but the vibes this gives off are good ones. I reckon a fair few clubs are going to find
themselves up shit creek over the next few seasons, everyone is overspending and living beyond
their means. Its the nature of the beast that is football.

TG's 'gambles' with money for players etc are going to be offset by the marketing and Sales opportunities
both in Wales and Malaysia, ie carefully calculated risk. We are a WELSH club, we will always be a Welsh
Club, but if the millions of potential supporters in the Far East wish to look at us as a 'Malaysian' club
then so be it... Welcome on Board my Malaysian friends!!!!! Only a Martian could fail to read into the Welsh
psyche of 'getting behind anything Welsh that is beating anything English'.... so there are potentially many
thousands of 'new' supporters going to be coming on board over the next few years. New supporters = more
money coming into the club.

The only downer for all of us is this 'new supporter'... I couldnt go to Wembley last week cos im not working
at the moment, but wasnt too gutted cos my experiences with the 'sit down' 'no swearing' brigade in the semi
and final two years back nearly led to my arrest three times!!!!

BUT.... these people will change before we do. Once they get ~Cardiff City in the blood they will develop the
same passion and commitment and excitement over the club that we all do. The ones that dont wont last long
or with a bit of luck will f**k off over to the Premier club seats lol.

So not even the prospect of sitting next to Peris the Prawn eater is putting a downer on me. I'll turn him into
Peris the pickled onion jar chucker in no time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The future's bright lads!!

Rant over

Re: The Future's bright - the futures 'Tanned'

Thu May 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Good rant IMO.

Slightly off topic where do we rank now in the richest club in the world stakes? I know just because the owners are loaded that doesn't mean the club is, but we had all that shit from QPR fans a couple of years ago plus it's good fun.

So where are we are now we have a billion dollars behind us, top ten do you reckon?

Re: The Future's bright - the futures 'Tanned'

Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:I've never felt so positive to be a Cardiff City fan. Even when Sam came on board there
were always the tiny little niggles about what had gone before re: Wimbledon, and as much
as we all loved the burning of scarves, the 'bigger than Barcelona' stuff and his undoubted
passion. Sam was (is) a bit of a maverick, the feeling we were only ever a heartbeat away
from disaster never really went away. But we all owe him a huge vote of thanks cos its
down to HIM that Cardiff City ar where we are today!!!

But now we have bona fide big money backing the club, even more reassuring is the obvious
fact that TG and his friends seem determined to run this club like a business, there will be
money made available for players. I personally think they will release more money than they're
letting on and are being careful not to alert possible selling clubs that we have 'cash to splash'..
that in itself would save CCFC about a million quid all told if we buy a few players! They are
being prudent, but the vibes this gives off are good ones. I reckon a fair few clubs are going to find
themselves up shit creek over the next few seasons, everyone is overspending and living beyond
their means. Its the nature of the beast that is football.

TG's 'gambles' with money for players etc are going to be offset by the marketing and Sales opportunities
both in Wales and Malaysia, ie carefully calculated risk. We are a WELSH club, we will always be a Welsh
Club, but if the millions of potential supporters in the Far East wish to look at us as a 'Malaysian' club
then so be it... Welcome on Board my Malaysian friends!!!!! Only a Martian could fail to read into the Welsh
psyche of 'getting behind anything Welsh that is beating anything English'.... so there are potentially many
thousands of 'new' supporters going to be coming on board over the next few years. New supporters = more
money coming into the club.

The only downer for all of us is this 'new supporter'... I couldnt go to Wembley last week cos im not working
at the moment, but wasnt too gutted cos my experiences with the 'sit down' 'no swearing' brigade in the semi
and final two years back nearly led to my arrest three times!!!!

BUT.... these people will change before we do. Once they get ~Cardiff City in the blood they will develop the
same passion and commitment and excitement over the club that we all do. The ones that dont wont last long
or with a bit of luck will f**k off over to the Premier club seats lol.

So not even the prospect of sitting next to Peris the Prawn eater is putting a downer on me. I'll turn him into
Peris the pickled onion jar chucker in no time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The future's bright lads!!

Rant over

Sitting down and no swearing doen't = no passion!!!