Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Much better Management Structure now

Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm

I' was never happy with the idea of one man being Chief Executive and Chairman as PR was. There are checks and balances when there are different men in the job which aren't there with one man ( as we all well know now!)

I didn't like Alan Flitcrofts title either. I don't really think a club our size can afford or indeed need both a Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer.

The latter title to me shows delusions of grandeur which I hope are a thing of the past. I also strongly suspect it meant that we would have had to pay Alan Flitcroft more than if he had just been Finance Director. Perhaps the title is how we got him but despite his previous excellent pedigree it seems a waste of money to me.

It's early days but both TG and Gethin Jenkins come over well on TV. II am still a bit concerned about the lack of football background of our new Chief Executive but he seems to be a highly competent administrator and With Steve Borley and Dave Jones around, I'm sure he will soon get up to speed on the football side of things especially as he seems to have followed the City for years.

Re: Much better Management Structure now

Thu May 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:I' was never happy with the idea of one man being Chief Executive and Chairman as PR was. There are checks and balances when there are different men in the job which aren't there with one man ( as we all well know now!)

I didn't like Alan Flitcrofts title either. I don't really think a club our size can afford or indeed need both a Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer.

The latter title to me shows delusions of grandeur which I hope are a thing of the past. I also strongly suspect it meant that we would have had to pay Alan Flitcroft more than if he had just been Finance Director. Perhaps the title is how we got him but despite his previous excellent pedigree it seems a waste of money to me.

It's early days but both TG and Gethin Jenkins come over well on TV. II am still a bit concerned about the lack of football background of our new Chief Executive but he seems to be a highly competent administrator and With Steve Borley and Dave Jones around, I'm sure he will soon get up to speed on the football side of things especially as he seems to have followed the City for years.

Elwood, I have to agree WITH EVERYTHING You have just written :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: except Dave Jones, but WE shall just wait and See on him, BUT I WILL BACK EVERY PLAYER WHO PUTS ON A CARDIFF CITY SHIRT, ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Gethin is a City fan, apparently, regularly at games.

Which is the same background Steve Borley had when he first got involved, after all...

Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 pm

nerd wrote:Gethin is a City fan, apparently, regularly at games.

Which is the same background Steve Borley had when he first got involved, after all...

Nerd, he was actually a Season Ticket Holder :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:I' was never happy with the idea of one man being Chief Executive and Chairman as PR was. There are checks and balances when there are different men in the job which aren't there with one man ( as we all well know now!)

Elwood, I have to agree WITH EVERYTHING You have just written :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: except Dave Jones, but WE shall just wait and See on him, BUT I WILL BACK EVERY PLAYER WHO PUTS ON A CARDIFF CITY SHIRT, ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis

Yes I know your views and mine differ on DJ. I do feel however that he obvioulsy seems to have many friends and contacts throughout the game at various levels and I'm sure this will only be of benefit to our new CEO.

I don't think DJ can afford to have a bad start to the season however. TG seems a nice chap, but I suspect he can be ruthless if necessaryand would not hesitate to wield the axe if need be.

Regards

John Williams ( Elwood Blues)