Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' We Are A Club In Crisis '

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 am

" CARDIFF CITY ARE A CLUB IN CRISIS "

And I see absolutely no evidence of a cohesive plan to manage our way out of our problems.

In my opinion at the root of the issue's facing our club is the clear crisis in leadership, and this problem has been created by the smoldering effect of the "Hands on" style with which VT is controlling the club, if control is an accurate way of describing his management style.

Since TG departed and VT took control we have seen an almost non stop procession of CEO, Finance Directors and "Special" board members all appointed to act in the interests of VT, not our football club. Sadly those that have survived are nothing more than sycophants who are more than willing to do his bidding. Dalman is the biggest culprit in my opinion as a man in his position should be an inspiration to ALL employees in the business, but in reality is nothing short of incompetent who survives on his ability to say YES to the egomaniac running our club.

This man single handedly recommended OGS to VT, Why?, it couldn't be because of his record as a manager because that was largely unproven, but make no mistake that decision, one based on celebrity rather than substance, cost this club it's PL position. In the real world a CEO in any business responsible for such a failing, for such a lack of leadership would be sacked, why is he still at the club.

This lack of leadership, from VT and all his cronies, has finally impacted on the team where performances and results are way beyond disappointing and, in my opinion, our squad are suffering from a crisis of confidence. a crisis of belief in thier own abilities and , again in my opinion, the appointment of Scott Young in this caretaker role will do nothing to resolve this issue. His words last night following another abject performance show clearly that he doesn't have the man management skills required to carry this role and that must be addressed as a matter of urgency.

The biggest crisis of all, in my opinion, is the lack of management values at our club where from what I can see the primary value has to be the protection of VT and his interests A.K.A his money and ego. There is absolutely no room for the interests of other stakeholders such as customers, employees and certainly not the broader community.

This lack of respect for other stakeholders is now bringing an increasing level of confrontation with customers or fans now talking about boycotting games or even walking out during matches, unbelieveable in my experience but there is only one person responsible and that's VT.

In any crisis there will always be opportunities that present themselves, opportunities to put the business on a road to recovery and we have one. We need manager with a proven track record of galvanising football teams and delivering improvements in levels of performance and results, as opportunity has it one such manager is available, Tony Pulis, and I believe that any club of similar size and stature as ours would be breaking down doors to get him. But not Cardiff City or more accurately VT who for some bizarre reason won't even consider him. I don't know where all this is going to end, but it won't be in promotion, as in my opinion that particular train has left the station.

So the smouldering crisis of lack of management and leadership looks likely to continue and sadly whilst VT is here I see no end to the chaos. I'm at the point where I no longer recognise the club I have supported for 50 years and sadly I don't know if it will ever return.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: We Are A Club In Crisis

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:56 am

Very well said and I completely agree with you.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:33 am

A brilliant post, Sums it all up for me. Tony Pulis is the only man imo who can turn this shower of shite around. But VT wont appoint Pulis as manager as clearly he isn't a "yes man".

:bluescarf:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 am

Fryfryboy wrote:A brilliant post, Sums it all up for me. Tony Pulis is the only man imo who can turn this shower of shite around. But VT wont appoint Pulis as manager as clearly he isn't a "yes man".

more fool Tan, Pulis is the one man who could galvanise the fans and players.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:49 am

Spot on can't agree more

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:50 am

SA1 wrote:
Fryfryboy wrote:A brilliant post, Sums it all up for me. Tony Pulis is the only man imo who can turn this shower of shite around. But VT wont appoint Pulis as manager as clearly he isn't a "yes man".

more fool Tan, Pulis is the one man who could galvanise the fans and players.

Totally agree, If VT appointed Pulis as manager, Then came out with a pledge to return us back to our true identity next season (too late this season) i think the whole feeling within the club would change almost instantly. But cannot see it ever happening :(

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am

Just been told the players are going to next weeks game at Brighton in cars to save money ???

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am

A brilliant read and I am always looking out for your posts as they are well informed and written :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:55 am

castleblue wrote:And I see absolutely no evidence of a cohesive plan to manage our way out of our problems.

In my opinion at the root of the issue's facing our club is the clear crisis in leadership, and this problem has been created by the smoldering effect of the "Hands on" style with which VT is controlling the club, if control is an accurate way of describing his management style.

Since TG departed and VT took control we have seen an almost non stop procession of CEO, Finance Directors and "Special" board members all appointed to act in the interests of VT, not our football club. Sadly those that have survived are nothing more than sycophants who are more than willing to do his bidding. Dalman is the biggest culprit in my opinion as a man in his position should be an inspiration to ALL employees in the business, but in reality is nothing short of incompetent who survives on his ability to say YES to the egomaniac running our club.

This man single handedly recommended OGS to VT, Why?, it couldn't be because of his record as a manager because that was largely unproven, but make no mistake that decision, one based on celebrity rather than substance, cost this club it's PL position. In the real world a CEO in any business responsible for such a failing, for such a lack of leadership would be sacked, why is he still at the club.

This lack of leadership, from VT and all his cronies, has finally impacted on the team where performances and results are way beyond disappointing and, in my opinion, our squad are suffering from a crisis of confidence. a crisis of belief in thier own abilities and , again in my opinion, the appointment of Scott Young in this caretaker role will do nothing to resolve this issue. His words last night following another abject performance show clearly that he doesn't have the man management skills required to carry this role and that must be addressed as a matter of urgency.

The biggest crisis of all, in my opinion, is the lack of management values at our club where from what I can see the primary value has to be the protection of VT and his interests A.K.A his money and ego. There is absolutely no room for the interests of other stakeholders such as customers, employees and certainly not the broader community.

This lack of respect for other stakeholders is now bringing an increasing level of confrontation with customers or fans now talking about boycotting games or even walking out during matches, unbelieveable in my experience but there is only one person responsible and that's VT.

In any crisis there will always be opportunities that present themselves, opportunities to put the business on a road to recovery and we have one. We need manager with a proven track record of galvanising football teams and delivering improvements in levels of performance and results, as opportunity has it one such manager is available, Tony Pulis, and I believe that any club of similar size and stature as ours would be breaking down doors to get him. But not Cardiff City or more accurately VT who for some bizarre reason won't even consider him. I don't know where all this is going to end, but it won't be in promotion, as in my opinion that particular train has left the station.

So the smouldering crisis of lack of management and leadership looks likely to continue and sadly whilst VT is here I see no end to the chaos. I'm at the point where I no longer recognise the club I have supported for 50 years and sadly I don't know if it will ever return.

Really well worded and 100% accurate,I think tan will make another wrong decision because his ego is telling him he can get it right.the unfortunate thing is we will finish mid table at best with this group of players who were signed by someone else and have no passion for the club,which is something we lack,Tony pulis would be a great appointment and I think he would bring in one or two players who would bring some passion back,maybe ledley even tho some ppl wouldn't want that he would play for the shirt. In reality tho we'll go for slade with roeder as dof and it'll only be when we've finished mid table that tan might,and that's a big might, realise he is largely to blame for the circus which is Cardiff city

Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:24 pm

What is happening now, is that the more considered supporters who are not prone to knee jerk reactions are getting very concerned about what is happening to the club. With all the financial backing and one would think the business sense at the disposal of our Billionaire owner, many could not envisage or contemplate a situation that would spiral downwards, but that is exactly what is happening. It seems that there is no leadership at the club in any area, playing wise or commercial. Everyone seems to be burying their heads, I'm furious with people like Borley, how can he sit there and allow all this shit to happen and be complicate with it is beyond me. This is not a case of being loyal to the club, as he is complicate in destroying it.
It's ok when the team and club are winning to treat them like customers, as they will suck it up, as they are getting some kind of value for money, but football teams rarely win all the time and this regime will quickly find that those same customers will behave just like that and vote with their feet. VT and all the board who have stuck by him have sucked the loyalty from the support, with the bullshit rebrand and the vanity appointments, like OGS. Now it seems we are left with a rudderless club with an owner that is incapable or unwilling to take decisions in the best interest of the club and it's supporters. If he carries on in this fashion, all of us with any sense know that the club is going to implode. If VTs minions are reading these boards, then you have to act now and get this man to see sense in any way you can. First thing is appoint an EXPERIENCED manager to stop this rot :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:31 pm

We need fans direct involvement on the same level as Swansea at the very least. The Supporters Trust must push for this constantly. We must keep pressuring the present board until they relent.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Brilliant post.

Since the sacking of Malky this club has been going downhill and I thought it would end at relegation to the Championship, but I can honestly see us doing a Wolves and going down again if we don't get a decent manager in soon. We're well and truly screwed on and off the pitch at the moment.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Great post, it sums up exactly what I think too. We're a rudderless ship at the moment, sinking fast too. I accepted when we were promoted to the PL that we may be a 'yoyo' club for a few seasons, so the relegation I was prepared for. What I wasn't prepared for was struggling in the Championship like we did in the PL. It is early days and there is a long way to go but its getting harder to keep that faith.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:13 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Brilliant post.

Since the sacking of Malky this club has been going downhill and I thought it would end at relegation to the Championship, but I can honestly see us doing a Wolves and going down again if we don't get a decent manager in soon. We're well and truly screwed on and off the pitch at the moment.

The sacking of Malky was not the catalyst. Mackay's Summer spending on shite blowing 10's of millions and paying agents ridiculous backhanders was the catalyst. VT then concluded he could not trust the football men running the club and needed to become more personally involved. Since then the OP is right in many ways, a lot of incorrect decisions were made, OGS turned out to not be the right man for Cardiif, and things have just seemed to be getting worse with the supporters becoming more and more disenfranchised.

Re: ' We Are A Club In Crisis '

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Once again Gary, an excellent read and many many spot on points regarding our club :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:59 pm

It has got nothing to do with Pulis not being a yes man for your information if Mr Tan spoke to Pulis he would of told him he wants the job and can work for you. I spoke to Dalman last night and asked him why he hadn't return the call of Pulis Agent as I said he has been trying to get hold of u and left you a message and the way he looked at me and said he couldn't answer that question, it was like him saying to me how do you know. They have both ignored him. The madness of it all Tan is in Malaysia and could have spoken to Pulis - he even stayed at One of Tans hotel and tan snubbed him.

Pulis want the job but because of spygate incident that is the main reason why Tan won't speak to him.

Tan doesn't care about this club no more has anybody seen him this season at the stadium no he has lost interest and to him it's only money. He will let us rot - if he wanted Cardiff back in the premiership he would have spoken to Pulis but he won't and he's just after Slade as Dalman hirer Roeder as an advisor he told them Slade is the best out there.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:00 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:

It has got nothing to do with Pulis not being a yes man for your information if Mr Tan spoke to Pulis he would of told him he wants the job and can work for you. I spoke to Dalman last night and asked him why he hadn't return the call of Pulis Agent as I said he has been trying to get hold of u and left you a message and the way he looked at me and said he couldn't answer that question, it was like him saying to me how do you know. They have both ignored him. The madness of it all Tan is in Malaysia and could have spoken to Pulis - he even stayed at One of Tans hotel and tan snubbed him.

Pulis want the job but because of spygate incident that is the main reason why Tan won't speak to him.

Tan doesn't care about this club no more has anybody seen him this season at the stadium no he has lost interest and to him it's only money. He will let us rot - if he wanted Cardiff back in the premiership he would have spoken to Pulis but he won't and he's just after Slade as Dalman hirer Roeder as an advisor he told them Slade is the best out there.

Tony Pulis wants the job and is just waiting for that one phone call a fact :thumbright: :thumbright:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148229

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:01 pm

What' is the reason y we avnt gone to Pulis then??? Clearly the best option by a long way...

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:What' is the reason y we avnt gone to Pulis then??? Clearly the best option by a long way...

It is in the comments two above. Because of his involvment in Spygate with Moody. CCFC do not want anything to do with Pulis as they view him as an accomplice in the matter.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:19 pm

CardiffOz wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:What' is the reason y we avnt gone to Pulis then??? Clearly the best option by a long way...

It is in the comments two above. Because of his involvment in Spygate with Moody. CCFC do not want anything to do with Pulis as they view him as an accomplice in the matter.

Yrs ago people knew the team line ups a week in advance, it's all a load of shit... We would av been battered by them regardless....

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:22 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:

I spotted a few grammar errors there....!...not sure about the content either.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
CardiffOz wrote:

Yrs ago people knew the team line ups a week in advance, it's all a load of shit... We would av been battered by them regardless....

Not argiung with you. Just stating that is the reason that has been given out on here numerous times which is what was asked.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:34 pm

CardiffOz wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
CardiffOz wrote:

Not argiung with you. Just stating that is the reason that has been given out on here numerous times which is what was asked.

Totally respect that mate, just frustrating because if we city look at it, c palace fielded the same team the previous week and week after. Using the same tactics..

A bonkers reason for not hiring him... Bearing in mind the leak came from within our club not palaces...

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Gary,I sent your post to Andy Legg and he replied

" Good post son they need someone in with expierance Now before we drop further down the league."

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gary,I sent your post to Andy Legg and he replied

" Good post son they need someone in with expierance Now before we drop further down the league."

If we could get a few players who were prepared to put in just half the amount of work that Andy Legg put in, our results would improve. :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:58 pm

markeMark wrote:

If we could get a few players who were prepared to put in just half the amount of work that Andy Legg put in, our results would improve. :bluescarf:

It showed last night, most players did not care.

I would rather have 11 Leggy's/Perry's than the new type of player we have at our club.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:02 pm

I would put Andy Legg streets ahead of Scott Young in terms of management credentials and in a completely different league when it comes to man management.

But SY was an easy phone call for the Dalman sycophant.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:03 pm

castleblue wrote:

I would put Andy Legg streets ahead of Scott Young in terms of management credentials and in a completely different league when it comes to man management.

But SY was an easy phone call for the Dalman sycophant.

Exactly Gary and spot on.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
markeMark wrote:

I would rather have 11 Leggy's/Perry's than the new type of player we have at our club.

Here here We have got rid of better players with more heart who wanted to play for the club. People on this board used to slate Don Cowie...........well id have him in the team every week instead of some of these players who don't seem to care about the club, supporters, manager and their profession.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Denzil wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
markeMark wrote:

Here here We have got rid of better players with more heart who wanted to play for the club. People on this board used to slate Don Cowie...........well id have him in the team every week instead of some of these players who don't seem to care about the club, supporters, manager and their profession.

:thumbright: I would rather battlers/trojans, than any of these so called stars.